Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Well, it's kinda sad seeing all this duplicity... FoW <-> i44 / Unsung <-> VTE / P85 <-> CWR..

Seeing them all combined and joining efforts would be something that's called 'perfect conditions' in physics; but is only to find in textbooks, nowhre to find in reality / nature (needs to be simulated in lab environment) . . .

WW2-wise I guess ACSR 38-45, Finland @ War and Liberation 41-45 did not get any competition yet...

One would think WW2 was a Worldwide conflict giving us an unlimited variety of theatres and armies taking part, thanks to hollywood productions ones are more mainstream than the others, so get more publicity and attention

Nonetheless, good to see anything WW2-themed being worked on. Plus, the quality provided by mods mentioned is hearth-warming ;)

Edited by topas

Duplicity means deceit, btw :p

Combining P85 and CWR would not make any sense given the goals of CWR vs. P85. However, vilas has lent CWR a fair few assets, and I think some of our members have helped him out with other things. There is definitely an effort exchange taking place.

Duplicity means deceit, btw :p

:o

I meant to have things sort of doubled...

the more I live the more I learn...

Well, it's kinda sad seeing all this duplicity... FoW <-> i44 / Unsung <-> VTE / P85 <-> CWR..

Seeing them all combined and joining efforts would be something that's called 'perfect conditions' in physics; but is only to find in textbooks, nowhre to find in reality / nature (needs to be simulated in lab environment) . . .

WW2-wise I guess ACSR 38-45, Finland @ War and Liberation 41-45 did not get any competition yet...

One would think WW2 was a Worldwide conflict giving us an unlimited variety of theatres and armies taking part, thanks to hollywood productions ones are more mainstream than the others, so get more publicity and attention

Nonetheless, good to see anything WW2-themed being worked on. Plus, the quality provided by mods mentioned is hearth-warming ;)

I've always approached the community with open arms to get everyone to work together. To me it's not really a competition. One group wants to do one thing, another do something similar, but differently, no problem. They're all good products people can enjoy in the end that everyone gets for free.

Our mod FoW ends up being a conglomeration of community contributions. It makes me happy and satisfied that we could get out to the public what otherwise would rest on our hard disks collecting dust.

We all forget we dump endless hours of time creating what otherwise wouldn't happen at all if it weren't for our community within a community. In the end the result of one person making a mistake doesn't mean it's over for a mod. Hind sight is 20-20 and I thank my lucky stars of community awareness.

I admit with arma1 our mod was poor quality. We did put out a fair amount of content in a very short time. Now things are taking quiet some time to create, more care is taken producing a higher quality product.

In the end everyone wins. Even when other mods try to do the same thing at the same time. It just gives people more variety to choose from.

Beton has Omaha, which fits perfectly to scale in my map as well, so we are both using it. The difference is I am using some custom foilage I have created and I have moved around some obstacles and cliffs.

Here is the original import so you can see the gravity. It's much different now, this was weeks ago, there is a lot more to the Normandy map then what you see here:

Betons entire map fitting into the normandy map:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/wa_roush/betons_omaha.jpg

so you are going to put Betons map into yours? i really loved your huge map in arma 1. it was just awesome, although it was early WIP.

Yes it fits right in with some adjustments. We both used google earth and scaled it. The ArmA2/CO map is a HUGE improvement. Although it has a 75m terrain grid meaning you adjust terrain and everything around it moves too, the map is still very good. We had to do some things to get our rail and streams to work right, which you will see. But you will appreciate what we have done.

It will take a long time for people to find all the easter eggs we're stashing all over the map.

:)

I noticed your doing flamethrowers. Any plans on a flame tank?

If thats 1) Even possible

2) You even want to :P

I noticed your doing flamethrowers. Any plans on a flame tank?

If thats 1) Even possible

2) You even want to :P

I made such in Arma1 already. Basicly bolted the hand held version with a bigger tank and longer range into a T-72. Worked, but it has even more the same problems as the hand held. Namely you can kill your fps at the same time and in MP you would have to limit them somehow.

Please post any Wip immage ....i would like masturb tonight!!!

Make sure you clean up after yourself...here's the city of Caen WIP ( via ww2 imagery):

caen5.jpg

BOOMSHANKA!!!!! Im loving you guys!!!!!!uhm...i would like to ask you something...is there a way to create a crateres with artillery fire? this should be great!

That should be close to realistic and as it was in 1944 before allies bombed it to ruins. We have used old maps and recon photos.

LOL pls dont forget m3 tank,or t28!!!! =DDDDDD ehm...are airborne troops completed??if yes why dont you post them to download...lol..thats a stupid quest okok sorry..

guys are you making V Corps , VII Corps, 4th Infantry Division ,90th Infantry Division and others axis infantry?i'll not ask you quests anymore...=P

pretty damn awesome ive been wondering where you guys went had some fun moments with 31st cant wait for an even better version

pretty damn awesome ive been wondering where you guys went had some fun moments with 31st cant wait for an even better version

Well we never left, we closed our thread when we voted for a name change within our group and reopened a new one. The 31st was from my online gaming squad "The 31st Wrecking Crew". Just a bunch of guys that played games together...namely ww2online aka battleground Europe on the Axis side.

I felt "The 31st Normandy mod" was no longer relevant considering we plan to do all theaters of WW2 and the 31st was like I mentioned, just for my run around online and blast em' up friends. I asked the guys to come up with some ideas. They came up with 20+ names and we voted on them and FoW was selected.

The new version is completely awesome. I can't wait to get it out to the public.

Really looking forward to your release RIP, thanks for continuing to improve the mod!

Just watched yesterday the pacific on DVD and I'm really glad that you guys are also to implement some stuff from the Pacific of WW II.

Keep up the great work you are doing.

kind regards

Thanks, same for everyone out there from us.