What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thanks for the update, I thought I would posts some things I spotted just for general feedback, I notice that some fixed guns on the back of open vehicles like the CHK side still has some volume/distance work to do. Some still sound as if they are firing 10 meters away although in fact that are over 100 or so.

Just to point out I only use stereo speakers so no 5.1 issues to cause a problem.

Still would love to here some snaps & cracks and "very close range" .. I like a lot of your distant snaps etc that you have added but when a tracer round flies past right next to me its still sounds like a whizzing laser show, some replacements with real snap & cracks right near your head is welcomed. Although as you now have plit them up modular its pick n mix time, so thanks for that :)

Scars sound good (to me) ... ak's .. well they have a short snappier fire to them and I would say not as fuller sound like other rifles, when they are fired in the distance I notice they sound pretty bland to my ears, although still nothing bad at all.

Distant fire, fx, explosions, rpg rounds etc really make the whole thing come alive though.

LOVING the sounds LJH ! Good work mate !

Only niggle is that bloody bird in the forest .... tweet tweet .....hehe

It works in OA standalone but I get an error saying bizon.cfg is missing.

Because Bizon is a ARMA 2 Gun which is not included in OA Standalone.

Which is why I requested 3 times to Jarhead to make a seperate one for OA. But I'm being treated as if I'm transparent without any replies, only reply is ask me to get a copy of A2.

Even you delete bizon sound files, more error shows, such as AK-107, MP5A4 etc.

Im not liking the new ambient sounds. It doesn't sound...middle eastern. Too many birds chirping and theres this REALLY annoying whistle sound that replays over and over and over again when in a Forrest area. The ones you had before were better.

Which is why I requested 3 times to Jarhead to make a seperate one for OA. But I'm being treated as if I'm transparent without any replies, only reply is ask me to get a copy of A2.

Well here's another reply recommending you purchase A2. It is patently obvious that LJH's every spare moment is currently spent realising his mod to his specification where you seem to suppose he should instead be making it to yours. It's within your power to sort for yourself, please do so, it'd be a waste of his precious time at this stage.

How can I use this mod with original Arma2, without errors?

By deleting the pbos, that cause such? My only problem is that I have to get rid of movement.pbo then. Which is bad news...

I still cant find a way to get this mod work. This is my path:

"F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@JSRS -nosplash

Is this correct?

Am i stupid or something?? How do you install this with modfolder method...should there be four different folders? If i install all the PBO:s in one there are conflicts.

no, he has them separated so those who wish to run this soundmod with other soundmods, we have the simple ability to unselect one or more group of sounds since they are organized by categories.

If you wish to lump them into one folder feel free.

I'm using this tool and recommend it to all for launching mods and game itself.

I'm new to ArmA2 and have a Combined steam version and this works great for me.

If you wish to lump them into one folder feel free.

This worked fine for me except in the new version 0.7. There are two files with the same name - but different sizes. It´s the jsrs_pkt.pbo which is located in the w- and vw-directories. It would be great if one of them would be called jsrs_pkt_vw.pbo for example. ArmA only loads one of them if their name is the same.

First thanks for the nice words everyone. I thought this update would be not so appreciated than i hoped. But it is I see. So thanks a lot. You may though most of the updates not necessary, but this should be a bit of my own taste, right?^^

Because Bizon is a ARMA 2 Gun which is not included in OA Standalone.

Even you delete bizon sound files, more error shows, such as AK-107, MP5A4 etc.

Ok, i'm sure i told you or someone else, that i WILL split the mod of in Arma2, Arm2 CO and Standalone OA when the whole beta is completed and this mod is really running like it should be.

On the other hand you should remember that this is the beta test phase, and I allow YOU to test this mod in detail. I could have done this in the best sake with selected beta testers, but I wanted to do a kindness for the community and just wanted have a wider range of players as a tester. So when the time comes, and that'd not go faster with such statements , I will consider it all! So sry when this is confusing you. :(

Im not liking the new ambient sounds. It doesn't sound...middle eastern. Too many birds chirping and theres this REALLY annoying whistle sound that replays over and over and over again when in a Forrest area. The ones you had before were better.

Haha, i have to find a match for Chernarus and Takistan... thats not as easy as it sounds like :D

The following files are in two of your folders with different version dates:

jsrs_pkt.pbo

jsrs_pkt.pbo.jsrs.bisign

I kept the one with the later date (Aug 15). Hope that was right.

That was a fault by my self. Stupid, i know, so sry. You have to delete the one on the JSRS_W folder. The one in the JSRS_VW is the right on (VW: Vehicle Weapons) Hope this helps a little.

Edited by LordJarhead

Is it compatible with ACE ?

Do we need M16/M249 update with the new Beta ?

It should be compatible with ACE, i'm sure. The mod change only the Vanilla Weapons and Vanilla Ammos sorts. Means: Special weapons from ACE, they wouldn't be in Arma2, getting not covered by the mod. But normal weapons, Like m16, m249 or M4 should works fine. Just give him a try. But i dont think its working with ACE_SM! Be careful with that one.

Jarhead i found a great source for bullet cracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D76SHxp12EA

Skipt to about 0:34 for the cracks

Awesome. I think i getting use of this. Should be good for yourself up in the end :D.

PKT is a coaxial MG. PK or PKM are the handhelds, afaik (jsrs_pk.pbo, I would assume). I don't see any reason to have 4 different mod folders, so I put them all in one @JSRS folder. Those two were the only duplicated files.

This is really brilliant work, but the near misses from supersonic bullets still sound distant and wooden. I would use the near sound for distant misses and replace the current near sound with something with a louder crack/snap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN2Qk2Tbzo8&p=4CEE55A7BD47F3F0&playnext=1&index=3

Bing West explains all. ;)

Thanks mate, i will take a look on it. Haha, great sounds... lets me imagine many new things to adding into my mod. HMMMMMMMM :yay:

After giving the update a quick test i got to say the sounds are great! I love the AK-74 sound too which is good since that's the weapon i use most in my missions :)

I did notice that the US.ARMY grenadier has no reload sound for his HE... just letting you know in case its not been reported.

Again top job really good work.

Noticed. I have always trouble with that damn thing! Thanks :)

Thanks for fixing the littlebird and minigun sounds mate! Great stuff :D

I really should rework the M134 when i got some time. Its an loud thing, and my one is like..... yah.... as one would load with 9mm ammunition or poland firework cracker! (Nothing against poland! I love their fireworks.:D:D)

Im having problem installing your sound mod. I put pbos in my arma 2 addons folder but it wont work. I still have vanilia sounds. I even tried running like a mod with -mod command, wont work either. What am I doing wrong?

No, you did everything right, the problem was on my end. I would really appreciated when you using the Arma II Launcher by alpinestars. I using this and its just works fine. Extract the Folder from JSRS-E to JSRS-W into you MAIN folder of Arma2. Than install and start the Launcher and you can edit which addon you want to use and which not. And much more. Just take a look, and if you don't like it, there is another one. ArmA II Game Launcher. Hope i could help you out a bit. ;)

Thanks for the update, I thought I would posts some things I spotted just for general feedback, I notice that some fixed guns on the back of open vehicles like the CHK side still has some volume/distance work to do. Some still sound as if they are firing 10 meters away although in fact that are over 100 or so.

Just to point out I only use stereo speakers so no 5.1 issues to cause a problem.

Still would love to here some snaps & cracks and "very close range" .. I like a lot of your distant snaps etc that you have added but when a tracer round flies past right next to me its still sounds like a whizzing laser show, some replacements with real snap & cracks right near your head is welcomed. Although as you now have plit them up modular its pick n mix time, so thanks for that :)

Scars sound good (to me) ... ak's .. well they have a short snappier fire to them and I would say not as fuller sound like other rifles, when they are fired in the distance I notice they sound pretty bland to my ears, although still nothing bad at all.

Distant fire, fx, explosions, rpg rounds etc really make the whole thing come alive though.

So, I welcome your comments always especially MrCrash.

Not that the other comments were not good for god's sake, no! I want to hear everyone's opinion.

But you have a direct and technical art to you. And you explain with a lot of Words just few small things. It's very good that helps me very much.

The small differences are small volume work on the configs.

I like the AK's actually quite good, but need a little work in terms of the interplay, so I'll give you right on this point.

The "Sonic Cracks" should actually be a little quieter and the bulletby's should be a little louder, has not so worked. I have the mod released prematurely on Sunday.

Actually one more week in between was planned. But because we wanted a few days away, I thought I can not big on working out and would not make it in time. Therefore, now a somewhat incomplete version was 0.7 on the server, please excuse.

I write therefore secretly from vacation. My girlfriend would kill me, pst!

LOVING the sounds LJH ! Good work mate !

Only niggle is that bloody bird in the forest .... tweet tweet .....hehe

Second one. OMG, was not an good idea to bring new Forest sound, huh?^^ Ok, i keep this in mind :cool:.

I hope i could help some of you, because most of you helped me again :rolleyes:.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

mK17SD has a unsuppressed sound because it a bug with the game (come on bis!) not this sound mod, try any sound mod to see for yourself ;)

Im only running the beta patch and cba (version 118 from six updater) and your sound mod to reproduce half the mk16s playing bis sounds. e.g. the mk16CQC

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@VOP -nosplash -noFilePatching -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3

p.s. i dont have a space after the @ sign in VOP just looks like it when i posted it in here..

Thanks at this point for explaining the error. (Was mentioned on VOP-Topic)

And i was searching all the time for a god damn reason... :-(

its almost inspiring to see how dedicated to making the best sound mod Jarhead is, which it pretty much is.:cool:

Great mod however I am experiencing audio artifacts and even crashes with the FFAR's. I really like this mod but the FFAR issue is a real problem that prevents me from firing FFAR's rapidly without a game crash or a audio artifact that could persist till I restart the game.

Edit: I did some more playing around with the FFAR's, it would appear that the Russian S series rockets didn't give me as many problems as the Hydras did. I just had to abort a mission because I fired 8 Hydras and got a tremendous amount of lag, the FPS dropped to a slideshow pace and the LOD on everything went to super low, i mean things were looking like OFP level models. Again I reiterate the need to see whats going on with those FFAR's, this is probably the best soundmod I have used so far (compared to Vop, CSM, Elias, and ACE) and this is the only thing that prevents me from having the best gameplay experience.

Edited by InfectiousShadow
More on the FFAR

Thanks at this point for explaining the error. (Was mentioned on VOP-Topic)

And i was searching all the time for a god damn reason... :-(

Not a problem mate!

But i am also crashing to desktop when firing FFARs sometimes and some members in our clan are also..

p.s. This mod is outstanding and getting me back into arma!

Edited by OrdeaL

Thanks mate, i will take a look on it. Haha, great sounds... lets me imagine many new things to adding into my mod. HMMMMMMMM :yay:

Here's one more, and one with really great sound quality. Firefight starts at 9:45, and in particular watch at 10:57 for a really great example (both visual and audio ;) ) of a supersonic close miss. You have to deal with some heavy BS in commentary, but the full first and second parts are well worth watching. Some great environmental sounds in there, too.

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/inside-afghanistan-1-of-2--2

edit: here is the part two link since it is kinda buried:

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/inside-afghanistan-2-of-2--2

Edited by akd42

Well atleast remove the stupid bird whistle thats on a loop. It plays ever 3 seconds and is EXTREMELY annoying.

The rest of this mod is amazing and I can't wait for the next update. The M249 is sounding great, I need to test out some more guns that were reworked. :)

Oh yes, guys... I actually tried a combination of the HARCP and JSRS mods together and it was just an A+ doubled. Everyone on here should give it a shot if you haven't already.

yes! Thanks Jarhead, love to hear that. Love it! Wooot muacks. Lol =P

So i'll wait for the RC or Stable release.

Oh yes, guys... I actually tried a combination of the HARCP and JSRS mods together and it was just an A+ doubled. Everyone on here should give it a shot if you haven't already.

it isn't compatible with OA..or is it?