Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Well seems like not allowing bistudio sites through NoScript is one workaround to avoid this menu clutter. Thougt, no advanced editing options.

Is there some way to turn off the stupid image re-sizing thinger? I dont browse on anything less than 24", so having already small images made smaller is dull. I couldnt see anything obvious in the settings page...

I tried to read a bit on the forum with my phone (Nokia 5800). But the mobile version does not support even basic navigation. Please disable it since a mobile version makes little sense in 2012. Unless the user explicitly enters a mobile version.

added new sub-forum for the A2&OA MultiPlayer, related to servers&administration

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?140-ARMA-2-amp-OA-Servers-amp-Administration

@Angle:

click at bottom on the "Full site" the mobile version is going to stay,

and when we upgrade to 4.1.11 or newer build of vBulettin things will improve

as there is newly improved/fixed mobile skin

@Angle:

click at bottom on the "Full site" the mobile version is going to stay,

and when we upgrade to 4.1.11 or newer build of vBulettin things will improve

as there is newly improved/fixed mobile skin

Actually I did try that. As soon as I leave the index page it reverts back to the mobile version. I don't really use my phone for surfing the interwebs that much so it does not really affect me. I just saw no point to it.

well mobile version/skin(s) make sense because you dont need scroll on these phones ...

take in mind the display is limited and control is different too

hence 'some' like it , while not being ideal yet, let's see after upgrade to new forum build

This is probably very insignificant, but a possible bug is a possible bug. ;)

I think the forum clock is out of sync. I've synced to all the intenet time servers Windows 7 has to offer and it seems the forum clock is 1-2 minutes too fast.

I'm posting this at 15:02.

EDIT: 4 minutes it seems.

Just encountered a strange bug.

When i look at this page: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?9-ARMA-2-amp-Operation-Arrowhead

i see this:

bi_forum_01.JPG

Please note the thread "Project RACS" with a new post today at 14:43 by wld427.

When i go into the Addons & Mods: Complete Forum, it shows me this:

bi_forum_02.JPG

Please note that now the latest post is noted to be from Hovis, yesterday 21:45.

Inside the thread then, wld427's post is showed correctly again:

bi_forum_03.JPG

Maybe a problem with a mysql query?

:EDITH:

disregard, seemed to be a minor hiccup. A few minutes later everything is back to normal.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Is there some way to turn off the stupid image re-sizing thinger? ... ...I couldnt see anything obvious in the settings page...

Yes/No?

Yes/No?
I'll go on a limb here, but No, I suppose being able to disable the image resizer would defeat it's purpose, no?

I do suppose you could workaround her by applying some local javascripting, overriding the behavior.

Well it doesnt actually create a thumbnail or anything, just renders the normal image at a smaller size. And its really tedious to have everything opened in a new tab when you try to view it full size (instead of just rendering the image at its normal size when you click on the banner, like the way 99% of other forums do it)

So being able to switch it off locally would be very useful, example:

wasted_space.png

(Image is "huge" but the resizer will "fix" that...)

Additionally, todays changes have broken the header for me:

header_broke.png

Note that the header overlaps the top nav bar.

I cant scroll up any further than that and I cant see the entire nav bar...

Was the first thing I tried, it seems to have gone back to normal now tho...

I must say I'm in love with the new "Go to first new post" button. Should that be the default behavior when clicking on a forum instead of having a separate (hard to hit) button for it? Or should it be a user preference? Or stay as it is? I don't know what the forum software allows though. In another forum (currently uses UBB.threads 7.4.1p2) I visit, this is the "default" (might be software preference) behavior. What's your view on this?

A small suggestion/wish would be adding the old blue winking smiley back to the list.

:D and ;) are hard to distinguish sometimes and the old one just had this special expression wink.gif

Well it doesnt actually create a thumbnail or anything, just renders the normal image at a smaller size. And its really tedious to have everything opened in a new tab when you try to view it full size (instead of just rendering the image at its normal size when you click on the banner, like the way 99% of other forums do it)

I have to agree. The automatic resizing is quite annoying, as now the thumbnails for my pictures that I create myself get resized again when posting on the forums. Also it no longer supports multiple pictures in the same line which makes everything even more cluttered up, as I used to group them in pairs of two for sake of keeping the amount of scrolling down to a minimum.

At least a local setting per user would be a middle ground everyone would be happy with. Resizing turned on by default, but if it annoys people they can turn it off.

Other issue that already popped up: Those completely 100% useless "Share on Facebook" and other social media buttons:

I haven't seen this being actually clicked by anyone anywhere ever in the history of time. It's completely redundant, and it even slows down the forum performance because it needs to connect to the social media pages first.

So meh.

But on the other hand: It's better than a certain 10 year old type of newsgroup. :rolleyes:

"publish to facebook" entry is integral part of vB featureset and it's related to linked accounts with FB

if You don't link accounts it's inert

the delayness on rendering with it and without is approx 1/25 of render time

the AddThis script delay is around 1/15 of render time so again moot point ...

again it's unrelated to social networks as it will verify logged in after trigger to be used

in Chrome and Opera, it's around twice less time needed than in FF11 or IE10

so i find Your antisocial arguments quite moot and invalid

resizing is gunna stay unless someone find faster, more stable and simpler resizing module ...

resizing is gunna stay unless someone find faster, more stable and simpler resizing module ...

Given the strict limits on posting images. And given that the resizer does not actually create smaller thumbnails (like, say, enforcing them to be under the 100kb rule) but simply renders them at a reduced size.

I fail to see what it achieves beyond wasting massive amounts of screen space?

Surely not resizing the images at all would be the fastest solution?

Why the sudden need to resize posted images?

At least if clicking it could just show the image at original size rather than opening a new tab...

Hi DM,

judging from your screenshot you are using Firefox with Adblock Plus.

So you can:

Press CTRL + Shift + F

Add Filter:

http://forums.bistudio.com/clientscript/ncode_imageresizer_v1.5.js

...and the resizer is gone.

Edited by sxp2high

@sxp2high

Awesome, obviously only a stop-gap measure, but at least it makes my life a little easier/more pleasant.

Thanks

The "achievement" some of us gained from buying Carrier Command: would it be possible to move it below the avatar? It looks more organized, as it doesn't come inbetween the visual ID of the user; nickname, title/rank, and avatar.

Original: AVBIoriginal.jpg Suggestion: AVBIsug.jpg

Edited by colossus
added

..... hmmm, so wheres my pips for owning 3 copies of OFP, 1 copy of ArmA, and 3 copies of ArmA2OA ;)

Forum:

With "Folder Controls" being at the bottom of the PM's page, was very surprised today with email notifications saying "Inbox full..."

Pretty sure the old forums had it that way.

SUGGESTION: Move the coloured Folder Controls bar to the Top.

WISH: More space for messages.