Sign in to follow this  
Andy1010uk

Multiplayer Server

just opened a can of beer lol doing my head in this cfg stuff

Once it's done, you'll not need to touch it again though. Unless you are going to start rotating missions and that's a lesson for another evening - you'll need more beer!

lol ok hope it works ;) still waiting for help lol fink you all went to pub ;)

Edited by Andy1010uk

Anyone got any new missions for multiplayer yet that i could use for my server kinda bored only having 3 and not got a clue how to make more atm .:j:

The only one made so far is this one. BeePee is currently converting his Cowboy mission though and when it's done it should be good!

The only one made so far is this one. BeePee is currently converting his Cowboy mission though and when it's done it should be good!

Only problem i dont have arma to get the addons i need :(

You can use the cows from Arma2 Free for BeePee's mission. It will probably take a while for missions to start comming through.

You can use the cows from Arma2 Free for BeePee's mission. It will probably take a while for missions to start comming through.

Ahh ok got arma 2 free so thats ok. do you just add all the files to addon folder in toh ?

Edited by Andy1010uk

Ahh ok got arma 2 free so thats ok. do you just add all the files to addon folder in toh ?

No, the only one you need is animals.pbo. You can either drop this into the addons folder in ToH or create a new folder structure in your ToH directory;

@animals\addons

and drop animals.pbo into there.

You then launch ToH with a switch;

-mod=@animals

-Ziggy-;2065435']I dont think hacks are a problem with this game' date=' that caution is unnecessary.[/quote']

That caution would most certainly be necessary, even with this game. The scripting language and functions are the same, so I don't think it'd be difficult to port over OA hacks.

If you're going to have your config in the main game folder, at least name it something unique (e.g. "4j98fw5sfe.cfg").

I am quite aware of how similar the game is to the Arma series, my point was that cheating is unlikely. Lets allow him to get the config working before complicating the process further.

That caution would most certainly be necessary, even with this game. The scripting language and functions are the same, so I don't think it'd be difficult to port over OA hacks.

If you're going to have your config in the main game folder, at least name it something unique (e.g. "4j98fw5sfe.cfg").

-Ziggy-;2066507']I am quite aware of how similar the game is to the Arma series' date=' my point was that cheating is unlikely. Lets allow him to get the config working before complicating the process further.[/quote']

Both fair points. At this stage of the game it was enough to get his server working. Unfortunately it is inevitable that the script kiddies will hit ToH at some point in the future so a similar level of protection will be needed eventually.

For the moment we can basque in the unusual atmosphere of a hack-free zone!

server cfg file seems to be working ok but still shows up as Andy-pc for some reason, player numbers working when changing cfg. etc etc seem ok, just name of the server not right. very odd. I can move the cfg file if we start running into problems with hackers at a later date. Again thanks to everyone for your help and hope to fly with you peps on my server soon.