Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

Where are ToH singleplayer missions exported to?

From ToH editor, when I export to singleplayer missions, where are the pbos saved? I use non-admin account, and they are not saved in profile VirtualStore folder (as they are for A2CO) or anywhere else that I can see. Am I missing something? My exported missions never come up under Challenges, so I can only play my missions from the editor. No errors occur when I try to export... Please don't tell me that admin accounts with write access to ToH install folder must be used.....

Thanks in advance...

They are by default saved in missions and mpmissions in the game root. I guess you will need write access to make this work properly.

If you can't run as Admin I would suggest you unistall ToH and reinstall somewhere other than the 'program files' or 'program files (x86)' structure. That way you won't need admin access to write to any folders.

Edited by Jedra

This feature exports to the root of your game installation, in folders Missions and MPMissions. Are those folders there? Try an export when you manually create such empty folders (though they should be there already, with a text file explaining what they are).

Edit: Jedra'd :kungfu:

Thanks. The folders are there, but my game account didn't have write access to them. But I just changed the permissions on the mission folder, so it works now.

Importantly, why aren't exported ToH missions written to Windows Profile VirtualStore directories as they are for A2CO? That should be implemented IMO, as it saves users hassle. The same should hold for saved screenshots, which now are also written to the protected Program Files install folder.

Especially with Win7, there is no reason to use admin accounts for anything other than admin. Using admin accounts for gaming and noodling around is a needless security risk.

Thanks. The folders are there, but my game account didn't have write access to them. But I just changed the permissions on the mission folder, so it works now.

Importantly, why aren't exported ToH missions written to Windows Profile VirtualStore directories as they are for A2CO? That should be implemented IMO, as it saves users hassle. The same should hold for saved screenshots, which now are also written to the protected Program Files install folder.

Especially with Win7, there is no reason to use admin accounts for anything other than admin. Using admin accounts for gaming and noodling around is a needless security risk.

I thought only mission you have recieved from an external source went into those folders in CO? The MP missions that you have made have always gone into the mpmissions fodler within your install directory, its why if you want to export missions from the editor in CO, you have to run it as admin or turn the UAC off.

Dan;2122677']I thought only mission you have recieved from an external source went into those folders in CO? The MP missions that you have made have always gone into the mpmissions fodler within your install directory' date=' its why if you want to export missions from the editor in CO, you have to run it as admin or turn the UAC off.[/quote']

For me, with all my BIS profiles in a standard, non-admin account, all exported A2CO SP missions are saved to:

C:\Users\OMAC\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

I never changed that or messed with save locations, so this is somehow the A2CO default for standard accounts. It took me quite a while to figure out where the damn things were saved with A2CO, but I eventually found the pbos using Windows Search.

But yes, all downloaded missions go into Missions folders in game root directory, and I always entered admin password to do that. I think the optimal way to handle user missions and mods is to use a VirtualStore-like system so that users NEVER have to copy data to and from protected install folders under Program Files.

Or, why not just have the exported pbos written to C:\Users\name\Documents\Take On Helicopters\missions?

Edited by OMAC