Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

^ I agree Baff1 seeing that im now level 15. Now starting to unlock things it was very frusterating at the beginning when all I had was a shitty gun and no defibrillator, no AT mines, no claymores no c4 no nothing.

The C4, Defib and AT mines can be unlocked in like 2 or 3 games of playing that class. :| 1 if you're good enough.

AT Mine - 7000 Class Score required. (Impossible to get that much unless on high ticket servers, at least it is with hardcore).

Defib - 4000 Class Score required. (Possible to get in one match if you dish out the medpack alot, best used on maps like metro).

C4 - 4000 Class Score required. (Same as above just with ammobox).

It took me a while to earn the mines and C4, but that was only because I played solely as engineer, also n00bs only play regular, hardcore is where da shits at yo. :p

Saying all that though, I never use AT mines (thermals on vehicles make them pointless), I hardly use C4, same with claymores, defib I obviously use when permitted. All those unlocks dont make a player any better, it just takes the player out of the occasion and requires no skill on their behalf (C4 permiited).

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2129201']n00bs only play regular' date=' hardcore is where da shits at yo. :p[/quote']

lol no.

Hardcore sucks for not having any HUD for firemode/ammo count.

nublets need to know how many rounds they have left, also regenerative health? GTFO :D :p

Firemode I agree with. That is all.

mines arent useless, even with Thermal optics i still see people drive over them

I just walked away from a TDM round with three more Melee ribbons. Apparently, sprinting around with a knife in your hand is an effective distraction from enemies as opposed to a 'shoot me first' beacon. :yay:

Also, mines are really only useful on Rush matches where the attackers have armour. Otherwise, you're just forfeiting your repair tool.

3 ribbons in one round? damn and i just scraped two..the again pc has well more players the ps3

mines arent useless, even with Thermal optics i still see people drive over them

How do you know the peeps have thermal optics?

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Also, mines are really only useful on Rush matches where the attackers have armour. Otherwise, you're just forfeiting your repair tool.

Yup, which is why I always hold the repair tool in higher regards. Sick of having a teammate in my tank who can't repair me, most of the time his/they're mines get one disable/destroy each match (with lady luck on hand), which is far below the amount of mines they place down.

I see mines all the time and just throw my nades at them. Job done, Attacking engineer lost all his mines. Profit.

;2129262']How do you know the peeps have thermal optics?

well my mate said he had TO equipped and still drive over them...twice lol

even when the bug of them visible on the mini map without being spotted i still saw people get hit by them. even better is putting them on a jeep :D

well my mate said he had TO equipped and still drive over them...twice lol

even when the bug of them visible on the mini map without being spotted i still saw people get hit by them. even better is putting them on a jeep :D

I once blew up a mined jeep with a mobile AA. Man, that explosion was gratifying :D

I once blew up a mined jeep with a mobile AA. Man, that explosion was gratifying :D

Few days ago on Damavand peak, on the left flank near D flag a vodnik was static doing nothing, looked empty, my mate ran past, the gunner immediately woke up and killed him. Luckily I was behind a rock, I threw a grenade to try and disable the vehicle, to my surprise, it was loaded with enemy C4, I got two kills, 2 counter explosive ribbons, aswell as all associated destroy explosive points. All from one grenade. The explosion was SPECTACULAR. :D

Yesterday i had very lucky match, when our team took the Checkpoint on Caspian Border. I walked to TOW-launcher because i saw that our tank was on trouble (Two enemy tanks firing) I blew up the other M1A1 Abrams and then i saw an enemy Growler jeep coming towards me and i immediately shot a missile at him and scored a kill. About four minutes later i killed him again with my M416 Assault rifle when he wanted to revenge his death to me.

On same match i had one bug which i hate: I managed to sneak behind one camping support dude. When i was just going to score my 3rd dogtag it didn't do anything but swing the knife causing no damage to him and he looked back and i had to shoot him.

fired a guided missile from a jet at a jeep that had at lease 6 packs of c4 on it(got 2 explosives ribbons) the explosion caused the oil tanker beside it to blow up killing some poor chap beside it :D

They said so in the patchlog, but there are always so many explosions going on, that you'll only hear them in really silent situations.

Did they fix the silent non-player footsteps?

Yeah, I hear them quite clearly with the G35 headset.

^ I agree Baff1 seeing that im now level 15. Now starting to unlock things it was very frusterating at the beginning when all I had was a shitty gun and no defibrillator, no AT mines, no claymores no c4 no nothing.

Well i used the standard engineer M4A1/AKS-74u carbines from i started playing BF3 and up until this new patch where they (for me) was screwed up, so i played with standard weapons up until about rank 47.

Now after patch i'm using the RPK-74m (support) when playing on RU side and the M16A4 (assault) when playing on US side.

I'm very late to the party, but I only recently got the game thanks to a 50% sale on Origin.

I'm pretty disappointed to be frank...

Sure the lighting, and animation look great but the installation is the most convoluted and obnoxious to date, asking you to install origin first, then the plugins, then the game, then the patches... It really takes hours. And then you need to open your browser, to choose your game mode which then launches the game... And there isn't even a way to play locally with bots or friends or am I missing something ?

Despite some good moments, the campaign was short and nonsensical for the most part (and too many QTE)... and the outdoor MP maps are so tiny I don't even understand why they put planes or helicopters... The helicopter handling doesn't make sense either, it's so counterintuitive...(I do have Take On !).The "dirt on the glass" effect was fun for 5 min, but it soon became tiring and didn't make sense.

I actually really don't feel like playing hours just to unlock stuff that I purchased already either... Which probably mean that I'll keep being level 0 or whatever and shelve it soon...

I think the dirt on glass is supposed to be the glare on eye protection. It's a pretty well done effect, after a few months deployed your "eyepro" get pretty scratched and dusty.

@EricM: Yup, that pretty much sums it up and yes there are no bots -period. Just thank your stars you got it for 50% off.

For me BF3 is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back - I knew that the game was being *cough* streamilined and **dry heaves** made more accessible but I never thought they'd take it to this extreme. From here on out I can't see myself ever buying this type of title again regardless of gobsmacking amazing tech demos with infintite rainbows of GodRays,Moonbeans or Ass Thunder for that matter. I feel liberated in that I finally get how these companies operate and where their interests lie (hint -not the consumer, especially of the old PC guard).

I'm very late to the party, but I only recently got the game thanks to a 50% sale on Origin.

I'm pretty disappointed to be frank...

Sure the lighting, and animation look great but the installation is the most convoluted and obnoxious to date, asking you to install origin first, then the plugins, then the game, then the patches... It really takes hours. And then you need to open your browser, to choose your game mode which then launches the game... And there isn't even a way to play locally with bots or friends or am I missing something ?

Despite some good moments, the campaign was short and nonsensical for the most part (and too many QTE)... and the outdoor MP maps are so tiny I don't even understand why they put planes or helicopters... The helicopter handling doesn't make sense either, it's so counterintuitive...(I do have Take On !).The "dirt on the glass" effect was fun for 5 min, but it soon became tiring and didn't make sense.

I actually really don't feel like playing hours just to unlock stuff that I purchased already either... Which probably mean that I'll keep being level 0 or whatever and shelve it soon...

To fly the helicopters just control them as though your mouse is a joystick, (sorry did I say joystick? I meant fly it as though you're using an xbox controller) you don't really have to worry about gravity or inertial forces pulling you to the ground and so on. , ironicly it's even less than what BF2's flight model was (which was actually quite good and diverse) On the other hand you shouldn't even bother since any map with rotor wings also has fixed wings regardless of it's size (minus the small assault helo's) which rather sucks since in BF2 if a jet was chasing you, you could dive into a reverse spiral and evade them but here they can slow down to such speeds that you=screwed most of the time.

Edited by NodUnit

I just got BF3 PC on amazon for 30 dollars including shipping so I'll let you guys know when I get it so we can play and be tacticool...