Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

Mr. Charles

Marketing tactics.... ;)

Don`t be surprised with it, anyway the developers are not those ones who set the prices for a product.

37 eur is passable price for product at this quality.

Unlike Call of Duty "sequels" ala MW3, "Black ops 2" for example which is like DLC for 60 eur...

What for 60 eur ? For a copy of previous "sequel" !? Nah, thanks...

Only blinded kids buy such games.

But pardon my with bit off-topic words.

Pardon me, but a 100% difference in price is not acceptable.

The trenches in iron front seem totally workable. Then the supporting fire from the attacking side would be very important. Not quite sure how the indirect fire support from artillery units work in iron front. Could AI observer guide the fire from Mortar or other cannons?

Unless a complete physics change (or an major cell size reduction, which increases lag), trenches won't be usable by AI.

Games are almost always a lot cheaper in England. Nothing new.

Unless a complete physics change (or an major cell size reduction, which increases lag), trenches won't be usable by AI.

Is that true? How about it in iron front? I'm very curious. Having been thinking about letting AI to be able to use trench and the AI observer could guide the fire from mortar and guns.

Is that true? How about it in iron front? I'm very curious. Having been thinking about letting AI to be able to use trench and the AI observer could guide the fire from mortar and guns.

I'm very curious too, i had a lot of time fighting with trenches to make them AI friendly in OFP, without much success.

I'm very curious too, i had a lot of time fighting with trenches to make them AI friendly in OFP, without much success.

Lets shall X1/AWAR surprise us... ;)

Games are almost always a lot cheaper in England. Nothing new.

yes, games are always more expensive in germany (damn taxes)

but 105% more? no, this is not normal!

so why?

more money for the bonus dvd?

sure ... but so much?

I'm enclined to buy it through BIS store, so as to support both Iron Front makers and BIS, but I'll wait to see the final price. I wonder also which platfom makes a better deal for the developpers. I prefer to give my money to the developpers rather than to the middleman like Amazon or whoever that is.

It does not matter if you buy it via BIS store, Steam, Amazon or whatever store. If IF would be successful, which depends on X1/AWAR developers but mostly on community and costumers, there is high possibility that they order licence of ArmA 3 engine...

For us IF2, for BIS more money. Simple as that.

Random question. As a North American, how much does the game cost for US dollars? Amazon has no listing for that, and it's not on Steam as far as I know..

I don't think I'll have the cash to get it if it's $50, but the prices I've seen for the UK and Germany seem like the title's aiming for a budget price range.

This was a noticeable problem in Inv44 - I'd be less then 5 meters from a Nazi in a trench and he wouldn't turn to fire at me even as I got closer. Hopefully they do reduce cell terrain size and make it workable -would be a huge deciding factor for me. :)

logo2zr.gif

Iron Front Liberation 1944: Arma 2 Tech Enters World War II

Prague, Czech Republic May 18th - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce, in cooperation with AWAR and X1Software, the release of Iron Front Liberation 1944, a brand new tactical shooter based on the Arma 2 engine.

About Iron Front Liberation 1944

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is based on Arma 2 technology. It offers authentic environments, weapons & vehicles and is accompanied by two campaigns as well as a huge range of single player and multiplayer missions.

Experience the deciding battles of the summer offensive of 1944 as either the Germans or the Red Army. Starting out as a simple soldier on whichever side you choose, you will experience nerve-wracking, tactical combat – always caught between the orders from your commanding officers, and the reality of battlefield warfare. Over the course of the story, both protagonists will be promoted to command tanks and even fighter planes in addition to their own troops. Southern Poland is the setting, where the hostile armies will clash with the latest weapons from that period. The German objective is clear – consolidate and regroup the remaining troops, stop the Red Army’s advance at all cost, or at least slow it down. As a Red Army soldier, the task is less complex, but no less challenging: Break the resistance to enable an attack on Germany.

Iron Front Liberation 1944 will offer:

• Large-scale battles involving infantry, tanks and planes that re-enact a realistic development of the summer offensive of 1944
  • Over 40 vehicles and planes, including the Königstiger, the Katyusha, the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 and the notorious Stuka
  • Huge arsenal of authentic weapons, such as the Mauser Karabiner, the MP 40 and grenades, mines, etc.
  • Tactical combat and commanding of troops and vehicles for a realistic “in the thick of it†feeling
  • Advanced game systems, such as realistic damage models for tanks, destructible environment, hitching and unhitching artillery, etc.
  • German and Russian campaign across eight missions, against an authentic backdrop
  • Varied mission objectives and a thrilling story covering the final months of the war
  • Extensive multiplayer capabilities, with cooperative and PvP battles
  • Editor for creating your own missions

Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: The dreaded, bloody Battlefields of World War 2 are always a big challenge for developers working on realistic military simulations. You need to focus on the accuracy of historical backgrounds and units, combined with challenging and flawless yet immersive gameplay. I’m very happy that Bohemia Interactive has the opportunity to support AWAR and X1Software in this great project with our knowledge and Arma 2 technology to bring Iron Front to all PC gamers.â€

For more information please visit the project’s website at ironfront.deepsilver.com and on Facebook

Iron_Front__Libe_4fb5011a35b45.png

Preorders are available from May 18th at store.bistudio.com/iron-front

Iron Front is scheduled for release exclusively for PC on May 25th 2012.

ENDS

Pre-order complete. Let the carnage on the Easter Front begin. :)

IF forums will be added soon :)

Pre-ordered at BIS Store, no questions asked :)

Same here. How can you not with that killer tank damage system and moar :)

Pre-ordered (at BISTORE, of course).

same... 1 week away from release!

yaaaaaaay!

Yep, def have to get this...

Hopefully they will change that sprint/quick step sound though, if I heard it right on the iPad, that will drive me nuts.

Hopefully they will change that sprint/quick step sound though

It sounded the same as in Vanilla Arma, no?

It sounded the same as in Vanilla Arma, no?

I think it sounded worse, as in too quick and fake!? Anyway i jus being picky too a YouTube video, game looks awesome, love the WWII era

Edited by Katipo66

You mean WWII era no ?

Cause WW11 would be too much for this earth. ;)