Sign in to follow this  
dikkeduif

music in arma

Awesome new video showing off one of the new animations. The music sounds pretty good, sort of electronic, suiting the 2030's setting. The production value is tons better than anything in previous games. And I love the radio chatter, really effective for the patrol setting of the video.:D

Yeah music is OK. Not boring bombastic crap from CoD and nicely fits the modern combat setting too.

Agreed... it all adds to the SNAFU theme of the game. All we need now is a gold image filter :D

Music appreciation is very subjective, and as anyone with any serious music education can offer what you like will be mitigated by what you're exposed to, and your education in music.

What's presented in this video does an excellent job of walking the fine line of annoying as few people as possible, being accessible and appealing to as many as possible, and offering a a somber, professional and martial ambiance to the game...

Awesome new video showing off one of the new animations. The music sounds pretty good, sort of electronic, suiting the 2030's setting. The production value is tons better than anything in previous games. And I love the radio chatter, really effective for the patrol setting of the video.:D

I hope there's more like it, and that the squealing retro 70's Hair-Ninja on electric guitars are avoided entirely...

:p

Look, we all want good music. But if they don't fix the awkward clunky movement in ArmA 3 like it's plagued all the other games, people will just end up leaving again.

I like the new music in the trailer. Nice and noticable, but not too intrusive.

Offhand, though, why are all those goddamn idiots Youtube commenters going around bashing games as if they can only ever love one? Oh, right, Youtube commenters :rolleyes:

I guess it would be very expensive, but the composer has given soul to some of the best war movies ever.

Hans Zimmer (Examples)

ARMA2 & Hans Zimmer:

Another proposal also expensive: Two Steps from hell.

Another composer who specializes in action video games, Michael McCann. (Deus Ex Human Revolution, Tom Clancy's Splincer Cell: Double Agent ...)

Example of ARMA2 & Hans Zimmer, Michael McCann, Two Steps to Hell:

Another very good composer is Christian Marcussen (ofp: dr)

Anyway I've loved all ARMA2 soundtrack and ancestors.

I am sure that the songwriting team of BIS will know do it right again.

Edited by rolo87
Bold style in a name

I guess it would be very expensive, but the composer has given soul to some of the best war movies ever.

Hans Zimmer (Examples)

ARMA2 & Hans Zimmer:

Another proposal also expensive: Two Steps from hell.

Another composer who specializes in action video games, Michael McCann. (Deus Ex Human Revolution, Tom Clancy's Splincer Cell: Double Agent ...)

Example of ARMA2 & Hans Zimmer, Michael McCann, Two Steps to Hell:

Another very good composer is Christian Marcussen (ofp: dr)

Anyway I've loved all ARMA2 soundtrack and ancestors.

I am sure that the songwriting team of BIS will know do it right again.

Check out the MOH2010 OST by Ramin Djawadi. Not orchestral, but not overdone. And a lot of these composers learned from Hans Zimmer...

Check out the MOH2010 OST by Ramin Djawadi. Not orchestral, but not overdone. And a lot of these composers learned from Hans Zimmer...

+1

Great composer antoineflemming, I did not know him, his work is really good.

Music in the teaser is exactly what I talked about earlier in this thread: electronic, atmospheric ambient with relaxed and peaceful mood. Now something more aggressive for action and we good to go.

P.S.: For some reasons this music reminds me of starting piece from

Now something more aggressive for action and we good to go.[/url].

+1 Yeah, more electronic music for the campaing.

Music could be used dynamically. If there is combat, for example, the music would be aggressive. if there is calm, for example, the music would be stressful.

I remember that the "& <% $ *" MW2 used this system :mad:

Thankfully ArmA is not a war movie.

Hans Zimmer is overrated. Besides, as far as video games go, he generally composes only one piece of music and then gets all the credit for other composers' hard work. Besides, the current composer is great.

any music except DUBSTEP please! I just can't stand it, literary any second game trailer, is with dubstep.

Hans Zimmer is overrated. Besides, as far as video games go, he generally composes only one piece of music and then gets all the credit for other composers' hard work. Besides, the current composer is great.

Hans Zimmer is good. And most composers he works with learn from him anyway. Their music is a product of what they learned from Hans Zimmer.

Hans Zimmer is good. And most composers he works with learn from him anyway. Their music is a product of what they learned from Hans Zimmer.

I know he's good, but even if he is, there's only so much one talented composer can do before he begins to appear worn out. Variety's good.

I know he's good, but even if he is, there's only so much one talented composer can do before he begins to appear worn out. Variety's good.

Well, that's why Hans Zimmer has a bunch of little proteges lol. Honestly, all I really want is some orchestral-sounding music pieces. Just tired of hearing synthesizer music.

Almost every modern big game/movie has the same epic orchestral soundtrack. You heard one - you heard them all.

I want polka!!:D

Almost every modern big game/movie has the same epic orchestral soundtrack. You heard one - you heard them all.

And that is why I think that Chernorusian anthem from Arma2 was the most refreshing track I have heard in a long time.

Indeed, Chernarussian anhem was an interesting piece.

I hope new soundtrack will be spiced with some Greek traditional motives.

That means you haven't heard most orchestral soundtracks... Orchestra is a means to producing music. Orchestra isn't some style or genre of music. Orchestra means real people actually performing music with real instruments, and not some person sitting sitting at a synthesizer.

Yeah, thanks for the insight.

Isn't synthesizer also a mean to produce music? And not a genre or style, like you are refering to it. And synth is kinda more flexible tool.

I very welcome live instrumemts, just want something fresh and original.

Ahh.. ok, I don't know what I want. Now I will go and listen to some psychedelic madness..

Yeah, thanks for the insight.

Isn't synthesizer also a mean to produce music? And not a genre or style, like you are refering to it. And synth is kinda more flexible tool.

I very welcome live instrumemts, just want something fresh and original.

Ahh.. ok, I don't know what I want. Now I will go and listen to some psychedelic madness..

yes, that's what I'm saying. But it's that you can tell when something is produced by a synthesizer. A synthesizer can only go so far. Real instruments sound better than synthesizers.

It's a matter of quality, especially when it comes to ambient music. Pick the most well-known movies, and I bet you most if not all of those have music that is performed by real instruments (as in no synthesizers).

yes, that's what I'm saying. But it's that you can tell when something is produced by a synthesizer. A synthesizer can only go so far. Real instruments sound better than synthesizers.

It's a matter of quality, especially when it comes to ambient music. Pick the most well-known movies, and I bet you most if not all of those have music that is performed by real instruments (as in no synthesizers).

While what you said is mostly true, you'd be surprised what you can get away with synths these days. There's whole very complex instrument libraries that allow lesser composers to do rather realistic sounding orchestral compositions done entirely in midi. Those with enough time and knowledge can make with midi something indistinguishable from a real orchestra for "most" people with the right tools. Using these are very common now, especially in television where time, budget, and demands for a orchestral "sounding" score results in the use of these.