Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take on Helicopters: Addon Request Thread

Some documentation so when we do make or port helicopters we can take advantage of the engines new features such as interactive cockpits, flight dynamics and stoofs, please.

Some documentation so when we do make or port helicopters we can take advantage of the engines new features such as interactive cockpits, flight dynamics and stoofs, please.

look at our community wiki (BIKI) : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Take_On_Helicopters:_Editing

but please understood , this is heavy WIP and unfinished and if You want alter something on these new BIKI pages consult it first with us ...

Dang how'd I miss that..glad to see you guys are starting early :) will definately be keeping an eye on it..and I'm not qualified to change anything anyway :D.

So what ? It's an addon request thread. People are free to request what they want, be it a flying sausage or a Vietnam mod.

If TOH is following the ArmA path, the game can be whatever you want it to be, that's what is so cool with BIS games.

OT:

Don't exactly know how far it goes in the vanilla game but some sort of coast guard mod would great. Basically this idea

What happens is that, in my opinion (you know, I also have the right to say that a mod request sounds "funny" to me), it is sad to waste human hours to model military helicopters in TOH environment when TOH flight model will be implemented in ArmA 3, if you want to blow up things ArmA 3 will provide you plenty of opportunities you only need to wait a little bit.

By the way, You are playing SAR4 in Win7 :eek: ??? mmm is your joystick working fine with the game?

it is sad to waste human hours to model military helicopters in TOH environment when TOH flight model will be implemented in ArmA 3, if you want to blow up things ArmA 3 will provide you plenty of opportunities you only need to wait a little bit.

1. you can be certain most addon makers are making whatever they want to, rather that what is desired and written here in the addon request thread

2. One can start now to create models and have them ready by the time A3 is available...

3. ...especially for models that won't make an appearance in A3 (which from my POV, will be a lot of).

@Isaas

If modder wants to make a military model it is a waste of human hours to share Your ridiculous opinions online. Stop Your rant already please...

Arma won't have TOH level complicated features implemented as It was already stated by BiS. If You want to blow up things in TOH just load default "light" us army version helicopter and do so. Aw wait BiS! Issac things that model is a waste of human hours...

Back on topic:

I am looking forward to first complete heli model to be done as it might convince guys from hovercontrol to try TOH and hopefully start making us a couple of nice addons!

I would like to see some good Police cars :D You know there where some for ArmA2 with working lights and stuff. Would be cool for Police/Swat/Sheriff missions or as a vanilla replace.

Vietnam mod all the way;)

SamB

AGREED!!!

Reminds me of the search and rescue games!! kinda

This game (TOH) is the closest I have come in a long time to the fun I had with some of the oldies... Not sure why some of the things they had even back then does not make it into a game of this caliber! Such as... rain on the windshield with working wiper controls... basket retrieval of people in the water... dropping a diver into the water and retrieving him with sling...smoke...(unless I have not got to those parts yet.. I appologize)

I know that this game isnt all about rescue but to me it is the most fun... taking off, traveling to the waypoint, landing or hovering , retrieval, getting them to the hospital and then returning home. Much more fun then... on approach to a waypoint having some stuck up passenger yelling "CAN YOU GET A LITTLE CLOSER" "I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING FROM HERE" makes me want to open the door and push them out:D

Anyway here is some links to some youtube videos of the oldies I mentioned if you all haven't played or seen them. Maybe some one can mod us up some good old Vietnam MedEvac FUN! (with guns) :yay:

search and rescue 4

Vietnam MedEvac search and rescue

Both actually had a pretty good FM for how old they are... windows 95/98 2002/2003 ish

Oh yeah can someone mod out the whinning sound of the turbine? sure it sounds great but I like flying with the external camera sometimes but that whine gets way too much to handle... just me? or is everyone a fly from the cockpit only kinda player? I enjoy looking at the helos and the surroundings.

wtf 1:27 airplanes!!!!

How bout some airplane traffic..( am I missing something?) I mean this is Seattle... Sea-Tac /Boeing Field/ JBLM.. I live in the Puget Sound Area so I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to this area... I wish I could mod but I don't... All the modders out there have made alot of the games I play alot cooler!! keep it up!

Edited by Vladomir
new thought

Not want to hijack but has anyong gotte the logitech g940 system to work with sar4 or any of the sar. I would play those forever if I could use some damn rudder pedals.

Yeah SAR: Viet Medevac was a blast! I spent so many hours flying it. I'd still play it if i could configure the game so i can use my df:pro as rudder... Physics were really great at that time. I remember it had a bunch of great missions. If we could get anything like that in TOH with multiplayer it'd be like a ultimate game for me...

;2047390']I would like to see some good Police cars :D You know there where some for ArmA2 with working lights and stuff. Would be cool for Police/Swat/Sheriff missions or as a vanilla replace.

This be cool to have, providing air support chasing speeding driver!

What happens is that, in my opinion (you know, I also have the right to say that a mod request sounds "funny" to me), it is sad to waste human hours to model military helicopters in TOH environment when TOH flight model will be implemented in ArmA 3, if you want to blow up things ArmA 3 will provide you plenty of opportunities you only need to wait a little bit.

By the way, You are playing SAR4 in Win7 :eek: ??? mmm is your joystick working fine with the game?

So simply port it to A3 once A3 is out. No reason why you can't enjoy the TOH flightmodel right now today, even with military vehicles..

having a secops manager like in arma would create some mission like

police mission

-swat

-men chase

-crowd control

ambulance / search and rescue

transport

forest firefighter on the run, like sim copter of sort

As an ARMA veteran and specially troop transporter I vote for Vietnam MOD and I would love to have the TOH FD on a UH-1H Huey or even ARMA II UH-1Y !!! Man these choppers never die !

Cheers

Trashcopter

EC155

EC225

EC725

Hey now, they've got some good aircraft. No need to be rude. :p

Hey now, they've got some good aircraft. No need to be rude. :p

Sorry...

We called Eurocopter/Helibras that way here in Brazil airdromes..

Less than aircraft, more than very poor support.

me wants : realistic mountain terrain scenery where we can work our mountain rescue folks into the bitter cold of night. with ground crews. pilots uttlilising FLIR, joint operations with those ground crews on skidoos, animated snowboarders, ski'ers, piste bashers. Avalanche surveiliance & rescue. Ski resort expansion duties (heavy lifiting) , cable car repair/rescue, sightseeing. camera crew filming, and well what about an ALTIPORT ! a functioning mountain airstrip.

Thats an environment i would like for Take on Helicopters, make sense ? Ive done some terrain for A2 before. but populating the scenery was another thing. But i would be interested in making this idea come to life. very interested ! with alot of knowledge of these real life areas.

I like this idea too!! dropping off base jumpers could be interesting as well... tight hover over a cliff top to drop them off... fun stuff

So what ? It's an addon request thread. People are free to request what they want, be it a flying sausage or a Vietnam mod.

If TOH is following the ArmA path, the game can be whatever you want it to be, that's what is so cool with BIS games.

OT:

Don't exactly know how far it goes in the vanilla game but some sort of coast guard mod would great. Basically this idea

ooh yeah...i want a flying sauser with the ability to pick up cows and people!!!

just kidding but if there was a mod for it i would try it hah!!!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

As an ARMA veteran and specially troop transporter I vote for Vietnam MOD and I would love to have the TOH FD on a UH-1H Huey or even ARMA II UH-1Y !!! Man these choppers never die !

Cheers

ya I agree...UH-1H all the way!! One of my favorties of all time. I want to see all the mission types in SAR VM.

Sikorsky X2 Technology helicopter

Sikorsky video of the Sep. 15, 2010 test flight during which its X2 Technology coaxial-rotor helicopter demonstrator achieved its 250kt speed goal. Conventional helicopters cruise at around 150kt. The X2 reached 260kt in a shallow dive as is expected to exceed 250kt in level flight once a sail fairing is fitted between the upper and lower rotors to reduce drag further.

X2 uses a single T800 engine to power both the rotors and the tail-mounted variable-pitch propeller, which provides forward thrust to enable the high speed. Other technologies include fly-by-wire flight controls and active vibration control. As the video opens you see a full-scale mockup of Sikorsky's proposed X2 Light Tactical Helicopter in the hangar.

gK7ktLXhq88

A helicopter similar to this and not 'never seen in a game what do you think?

Edited by Foxhound
fixed video