Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

Are there any ports that need to be forwarded for Sproket? I'm getting only 84kb.

Are there any ports that need to be forwarded for Sproket? I'm getting only 84kb.

It just uses FTP so you shouldn't need to do anything special, if it's downloading at all that's the best you can get. You can try switching to a different mirror which might be less loaded.

I'm downloading it straight from the website (since the Sprocket downloader doesn't let you choose where to download to)... might be able to play it tomorrow (it's 1pm here). I laughed when they said they thought they had enough bandwidth. :)

It just uses FTP so you shouldn't need to do anything special, if it's downloading at all that's the best you can get. You can try switching to a different mirror which might be less loaded.

I'm downloading it straight from the website (since the Sprocket downloader doesn't let you choose where to download to)... might be able to play it tomorrow (it's 1pm here). I laughed when they said they thought they had enough bandwidth. :)

I had to download A2 again last night from Sprocket and did so at around 10pm, using the EU ftp with getright I got an average of 1.4mb/s

Ahhh, what a night. Just to confirm: The preload from Sprocket, installation and activation went fine (0:01 CET sharp the game was playable). Funny that being in Poland, I had the best preload rate from a US server.

So at 0:02 I opened a first Czech lager, drank to the good health of Spanel bros and the rest of fantastic people at BIS and enjoyed AO. First impression: Great atmosphere, audio, visuals, new features - although tutorial/missions/campaign definitely more mainstream gamer friendly than base Arma 2. Its generally OK, but some complexity in mission design and story is gone. And so are the bugs. Maybe there is something wrong with me but, somehow I preferred initially bugged and complicated Harvest Red than simplified Arrowhead campaign. Looking forward for more sandbox mission design, political depth and attention to problems of civilians in future DLCs, perhaps.

Otherwise – congratulations and thanks, both to BIS and Sprocket ;)

I had to download A2 again last night from Sprocket and did so at around 10pm, using the EU ftp with getright I got an average of 1.4mb/s

Good idea! I fished the FTP details out of the Sprocket log and the speeds are much better than from the website. Might even get to play it tonight! :D

Good idea! I fished the FTP details out of the Sprocket log and the speeds are much better than from the website. Might even get to play it tonight! :D

FTP Details? I'd very much appreciate any tips on increasing download speeds - struggling to get more than 150kb/s.

Your "Thank you for contacting IDeA’s customer support" email still points to ikonboard forums

Oooh can you forward that to me please so I know specifically which Auto Email it is and I'll get it sorted: Placebo@bistudio.com

Here's a pic of the Takistan map you'll be getting with the Sprocket version:

(click for higher quality larger version)

When will those be mailed out? I'm not expecting quick delivery, but the anticipation is killing me! :)

FTP Details? I'd very much appreciate any tips on increasing download speeds - struggling to get more than 150kb/s.

You shouldn't see any speed difference between the Sprocket client utility and following these cumbersome instructions to access the FTP servers, since they do the same thing. It's only useful if you want to download to somewhere other than your My Docs folder, or to a different non-Windows computer, etc.

If you can run the Sprocket downloader for a bit it creates a logfile in My Documents / Sprocket, which has the IP addresses and username/password. If you can't, then ... the FTP servers are sprocket1.idea-games.com to sprocket3.idea-games.com. Also 69.175.13.106 appears to be sprocket4.idea-games.com but there's no forward DNS for that, so I'm not sure how the Sprocket downloader actually finds the hosts. This is the NA one which gave me my best speeds, around 1 MB/sec to my US-based server.

The username you can get from the website download page URL, look for "&UID=SPROCKET2ARMA2OAENG...&" in the URL. There's a bunch of stuff after the product name, the username for the FTP server is everything after the UID= and before the &. Password is just "SPROCKET2ARMA2OAENG01".

Files are in the root of the directory you start in, so just "GET setup.exe" exe will do the trick.

Here's the MD5 checksums and sizes for the files:

4fb81c415c0a7d4040991c620cb20819 *setup01.bin
24b213b4e5ef6d2cf6f4b006647d6c93 *setup02.bin
80ee66b4178539333d4b72daf90fcbaf *setup03.bin
1db7efa7676260d9869270b8d1ae6c8e *setup04.bin
b3962d44222aadd788b5fc59425f2823 *setup05.bin
629226ab535c24452da4e215afca9987 *setup06.bin
e6e7089f873691308b31d94d3477b79a *setup07.bin
9b2367fe7b7e3050bbfefc2f5fced4c2 *setup.exe

and file sizes (bytes):

995467605 setup01.bin
995397413 setup02.bin
994167781 setup03.bin
996031724 setup04.bin
926946906 setup05.bin
880082881 setup06.bin
670820930 setup07.bin
986112000 setup.exe

Will there be some kind of Collectors Edition of OA? With some nice giveaways?

I'm trying to access to the sprocket website but it's insanely slow from france, that's normal?

Yeah very slow from France.

My download is very slow, between 80 and 100kps (on Eu. 50kps on the Us and i can't reach the CZ mirror :) )

hey guys i keep trying to get on the site to download OA, but it wont let me...it dont load the site....i just get a error saying cannot load website! any help please...

btw im in the U.S. if that helps!

p.s. sorry if i missed this im tired just tryed to skim throw the pages!

I'm trying to access to the sprocket website but it's insanely slow from france, that's normal?
hey guys i keep trying to get on the site to download OA, but it wont let me...it dont load the site....i just get a error saying cannot load website! any help please...

btw im in the U.S. if that helps!

p.s. sorry if i missed this im tired just tryed to skim throw the pages!

Yeah unfortunately the site's having bandwidth issues and I can't get an answer from anyone when I try to chase it up :(

I can help you get better download speeds once you've paid but I can't do anything much to help you get there in the first place :(

Direct link to OA is http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2 it does actually seem to be working just really slow, so I can only suggest having a few beers on hand when you click the first link ;)

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Bandwidth upgrades kicked in so all should be up working and quick now (sprocket site and also other websites/forums).

I'm considering getting OA through sprocket. I had some questions.

1. I have a dual booted system and run XP64 and Vista with Arma2 on both. Once I have downloaded the files can I install them on both OS's? Or will it only install on the OS it was downloaded on? Would there be any issues with Activation doing this?

2. Does Sprocket consist of its own program that has to be installed and does it need remain open when I run the game, or start up with windows etc and generally annoy me? (I'm not fond of such programs)

thanks

I will try to answer.

1. Yes, you can install OA on both OS´s. I have OA installed on WinXP and Win7 on the same PC and even on the same hard drive(just different partition). No problem at all.

2. You can download it via Sprocket own program or via simple http links, you just click on the links and download wherever you want. :)

And no, the program is just for download, you DONT need to run it when you play.

ok cheers mate,

I only saw this after I posted

Sprocket activation policy is extremely relaxed: unlimited activations on the same hw, 5 activations per 6 months on any hw.

Anyway, as we will be providing DRM free version of A2OA quite soon (we did this with A2 no later than 6 months after its release and with A2OA it will be even sooner than that), I guess this is simply no issue at all.

The acitvation is there only when you first run the game, next time you run it there is no activation. And I have the game activated on both WinXP and Win7 without any problem. :)

Just to inform those worrying about Sprocket download speed(downloading via Free Download Manager):

33xg4nr.png

If I'm not in the Czech Republic and I buy Combined Operations off Sprocket, will I still get mailed the map? :D

Yes of course :)

When will those be mailed out? I'm not expecting quick delivery, but the anticipation is killing me! :)

I got an email today from IdeaGames checking if my address was correct. So I assume they're working on it :)