lennard

Lennard's WIP thread

Please make Army units in DCU with Interceptor Body Armor and MOLLE gear, when you released this addon.

They'll be wearing the same uniforms and equipment for the most part. Just add a U.S.A. flag on the right shoulder and a unit SSI on the left.

Hopefully, 3ID. :D

Another wip update on the Recon Marines:

Made a FSBE vest for them.

Still WIP

oifwip17.th.png

oifwip16.th.png

Don't feel like spending many more hours on it, other than normal maps.

But like to hear some opinions on how to get better textures.:rolleyes:

First of all very Smezzy looking vest, I love anything woodland and that pattern is juuuust right :D To improve it..perhaps a bit of patching, something subtle but just enough to pop. When you look here for example. http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/gears___equipments/vests__body_armor__plate_carries__lbv___pouches/sapi1.jpg

First of all very Smezzy looking vest, I love anything woodland and that pattern is juuuust right :D To improve it..perhaps a bit of patching, something subtle but just enough to pop. When you look here for example. http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/gears___equipments/vests__body_armor__plate_carries__lbv___pouches/sapi1.jpg

Not sure what you mean, but you mean something like this I guess:

oifwip18.th.png

Something a bit more used?

Oh and thanks for the feedback:D

what he's saying is, in that picture it doesn't have all those molle columns on the back. it only has them up near the shoulders, and down lower, not covering the entire back. but none the less, it looks great.

what he's saying is, in that picture it doesn't have all those molle columns on the back. it only has them up near the shoulders, and down lower, not covering the entire back. but none the less, it looks great.

Nahh, the pic he's showing is a IBA.

The vest I made is a FSBE like this

No I think you got it, what I was getting at is more or less the fabric around the vest rather than what is on the vest itself, giving the appearing of soft and subtle patchwork. I don't know my vests much >.>

Are they the marines or army units?

oifwip13.th.png

click for high-res

oifwip15.th.png

click for high-res

oifwip14.th.png

click for high-res

[/center]

Made a Marine with wool cap.

In the USMC/USN, they are referred to as Watch Caps as they are worn on watch. :p

Don't you mean DCUs? I also know the Corps was transitioning to the Digis in 03/04.

If I recall correctly, MARPAT MCCUUs were developed in 2001 and began being phased in in a small capacity in late-2001 to early 2002. It began being fielded in a wide capacity beginning in early-to-mid 2003 and by early-to-mid 2004, the entire USMC was wearing the MARPAT MCCUU. On the other hand, the U.S. Army developed its UCP ACU in 2004, began fielding them in a wide capacity in early 2006 and fully replaced the M81 woodland BDU/three-color DCU by late 2006. ;)

Post invasion 2003 the Marines wore BDU's.

Yup. After it was discovered shortly after the initial invasion that the WMD chemical/biological/radiological threat in the A.O. was basically non-existent, the USMC transitioned from M81 woodland MOPP suits to three-color DCUs, which they wore until the DCU/BDU was replaced by the MARPAT MCCUU, which wasn't long after the initial invasion.

Edited by Laqueesha

ATM the wip is on hold, because I'm having weighing issues with the Recon Marines.

So need to figure out on how to fix that.. recon it's not going to be a fun and easy job.

any progress to report on these marines/army units?

I wish I could, but I still didn't get around weighing the Recon character models.

Tried it myself but it was messed up ingame :(

So at the moment I'm stuck.

hey mate if its something small i may be able to help. send us a PM if your interested. cant promise i can fix it but im sure i can try lol

Hope this issue can be resolved between you all :), I've heard several people are having difficulty with the weighing thing.

Is the lbv88 done yet? If you need refs I have one

It's as good as done I guess.

Got plenty of refs already.

But thanks anyway :)

Lennard, what happened to those Takistani Army reskins you were gonna release awhile back? I really liked them. :o