Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Experimental fix for ALICE / CIVILIAN MODULE

----- PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYMORE , NEEDS TO BE DOUBLE CHECKED ----

Below is the original post.

You have probably noticed that if you create any missions featuring the "civilian" module you may end up with AI people clipped into building doors.

Here's a temporary and experimental fix (credits to Alef) that may solve the problem.

- Extract the .zip file into your ArmA2 installation directory.

- It should create a subfolder named "@alice_fix".

- run the game adding to shortcut: "-mod=@alice_fix"

BUGTRACKER ISSUE

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1618

DOWNLOAD

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1229/alice_fix. zip

Package is for v. 1.02.58134

Please give feedback.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Sorry, but there's no way that changing _selectedaction to _selectedAction could affect anything. Scripting language is not case sensitive. Or am I missing something and you changed anything else?

Bug with civilians staying in doorways was present in early version of the game, but was fixed in of the patches. And even then, it was MP only bug.

But if bug is still present, it's definitely caused by some other reason. I'll inspect this.

Edited by Moricky

I'm pretty confident i've still seen this bug in v1.02.

Also there's currently an open/assigned ticket for the issue:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1618

See the clipping samples i've posted 4 days ago:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1160/arma2_2009-06-26_22-58-48-40.jpg

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1159/clipping_bugs.wmv

I'll double check that, since i may be wrong, especially about the "fix".

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

But if bug is still present, it's definitely caused by some other reason. I'll inspect this.

I'll let you know whether i am still able to replicate it.

By the way, the image and the WMV i've posted were taken from a SP mission built in editor, not MP.

Edited by fabrizio_T

I still appear to be getting civilians stuck in doors with the latest 1.02 build. I have noticed it multiple times in a user made sp mission called "Justice for all".

I've seen this frequently while playing with ambient civilians in the editor... I've also seen it mentioned in the "demo feedback" thread ("like hans solo frozen in carbonite" - which made me laugh cause it DOES look like that) - so presumably it happens in the editor in the demo too...

In fact, it may be why theres been several posts about the ambient civilians "not doing much", and "only one or two people wandering around" - that happened to me, until I started looking closely at doors and realised that about 2/3 of the people I should be seeing were there, frozen... otherwise the villages WOULD be bustling with people....

Glad to hear it's going to receive official attention, 'cause it spoils one of the best new features of Arma2...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Just for info, here is a formatted version of that one-line init FSM code.

I still appear to be getting civilians stuck in doors with the latest 1.02 build. I have noticed it multiple times in a user made sp mission called "Justice for all".
I see this happen as well! Sometimes you can see them dropping dead at spawning, falling from roofs.

Sorry, but there's no way that changing _selectedaction to _selectedAction could affect anything. Scripting language is not case sensitive. Or am I missing something and you changed anything else?

Bug with civilians staying in doorways was present in early version of the game, but was fixed in of the patches. And even then, it was MP only bug.

_civilianActionsAll is not initialized in aliceLife.fsm line 141, like it was done at line 79 with _logic getVariable "ALICE_actions". This may lead to have _selectedaction be set to nil.

Are private variables kept between inits in a FSM? Yes.

Edited by alef

Confirmed, problem still exists with 1.02.

Civilians remain clipped into doorways.

It's random and not consistently reproduceable.

Tested in editor, SP mission.

Confirmed, problem still exists with 1.02.

arma2.RPT says something?

arma2.RPT says something?

Sorry, too dumb to check it :)

I'll do next time.