Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

does the ground light up during the day with the flir? i ask because the mission we see featured the m110 with TI scope, and it happens during the day, and the pics we see the ground and surrounding areas are black (cool)... so a bit of clarification?

Eurogamer preview was good, nice to see urban area performance and AI are better.

It'll be worth it even with the performance improvements alone.

You Sir are made of win.

Thanks, mate. :o

does the ground light up during the day with the flir? i ask because the mission we see featured the m110 with TI scope, and it happens during the day, and the pics we see the ground and surrounding areas are black (cool)... so a bit of clarification?

I had the same question... but those FLIR system dont have some type of auto-contrast that compensate this effect?

i can imagine its hard to auto contrast when it sees HEAT (infrared radiation). if the target is 98 degrees and the surrounding terrain is also 98 degrees... bang, cant see

That the flashlights/lasers aren´t in as it seems is a tad bit disappointing

Did BIS officially say this? I know for sure BIS said they will be in so in that case maybe it comes in a patch, but that would be said in that case.

Post deleted.

Edited by Laqueesha

BIS ask your North American publisher to please redo the boxart or make it look like the box art on your website.

+ Performance in urban areas increased :)

I really hope BIS still got time to Finnish the lasers.

The official OA website? I checked, but saw nothing new.

You just responded to a post in 2008....

Also, enough whining about box art. All this talk about dignity and bullshit all over a picture on a dvd case. Really people? And some folks wonder why I stick to Steam so much.

Edited by Steakslim

You just responded to a post in 2008.

Oh, crap. Really? My bad. I really should've checked the date. Silly me. :o

Are these system req for real?

Yup, seeing as they are coming from the publisher.

Yup, seeing as they are coming from the publisher.

they look about the same as arma2 so i wouldnt worry to much, the new engine seems to be better optimised this time so we should see better frame rates across the board, hopefully

they look about the same as arma2 so i wouldnt worry to much, the new engine seems to be better optimised this time so we should see better frame rates across the board, hopefully

That and the new islands in Operation Arrowhead are less demanding on the computer's resources. ;)

Since buying arma2 ive had to replace 2 case fans and a expensive gfx card... i hope sooo lagueesha

Since buying ArmA 2, I had to buy a completely new operating system, graphics card, and upgrade my RAM. Pretty costly, but it was worth it. It is worth it. :D

Won't cause the same problems with concealment but that grass rendering cut-off is going to look even odder on a contrasting background. Other than that it's pure win.

Anybody else spend a moment waiting for the tank mock-ups to resolve to a higher LOD?

looking good BIS

Anybody else spend a moment waiting for the tank mock-ups to resolve to a higher LOD?

nope, think they just some targets

Nice gustav, scar looks nice, javelin is a nice touch, and hell yeah for the automatic grenade launcher. Thanks for looking out for those who don't use ace.

Didnt that m32 come from Ace?

It's possible. It's my understanding the Scar models as well as maybe a few others were from ACE.