Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

[OA] New config values, who has info about?

Hi,

new paramters for units after 1.54 patch (hope it's the right topic ;) ):

to give unit engineer ability :

engineer = 1;

note that this is for "repairs ability", you still need to use

canDeactivateMines = "true";

also!

and that's the picture you can add to the portrait :

picture = "\ca\characters_d_baf\Data\i_eng_ca.paa";

It's in "common" folder so I'm pretty sure you won't need BAF to add it (I've got BAF so not 100% sure)

and they also made available again the "old" option to hide bodies :

canHideBodies = "true";

cheers

massi

Edited by massi

for the integration of the artillery computer

artilleryScanner = 1;
	ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 0;

Are both of those placed in the vehicle entry?

yea both are placed in the vehicle entry, it is the same for the m119 and the mlrs

Getting the artillery computer to work isn't as simple as that. I have been trying to add it to the vilas m109 howitzer. Those lines do enable the computer but you can't shoot. The ranges are all wacky. I changed the cannon to fire the m119 magazines but that didn't help. Anybody know anything about this?

Getting the artillery computer to work isn't as simple as that. I have been trying to add it to the vilas m109 howitzer. Those lines do enable the computer but you can't shoot. The ranges are all wacky. I changed the cannon to fire the m119 magazines but that didn't help. Anybody know anything about this?

heres my config for my own self propelled howitzer

class Turrets;
class MainTurret;
class AnimationSources;
class CfgVehicles
{
       class astfor_mowag_sph: astfor_mowagBase
{
	displayName = "Mowag Piranha SPH";
	artilleryscanner = 1;
	arty_isartyvehicle = 0;
	model = "\astfor_mowags\astfor_mowag_sph";
	canfloat = 0;
	class Turrets: Turrets {
		class MainTurret: MainTurret {
			weapons[]={"M119"};
			magazines[]={"30Rnd_105mmHE_M119"};
		};
	};
};

works fine for me without any problems

hiho

I have question about the zeroing for infantry weapons. You talked about the situation if you want to add the system to a new weapon. I want to remove the BIS Zeroing system. So I removed the both entrys:

discreteDistance

discreteDistanceInitIndex

So now its not anymore possible to switch the up and down in the hud. But I also want to remove the number and text belowe the number of bullets in magazine.

And I also switched the entry:

weaponinfotype = "RscWeaponZeroing";

to

weaponinfotype = "RscWeaponEmpty";

But there isnt a difference...

The weapon is based on the m16_base.

I would advise against simply removing those entries. Instead, set the discretteDistance to be only one value (300 normally, 100 for red-dot, 200 for G36 scope) and set discreteDistanceInitIndex to 0, e.g.

discreteDistance[] = {300};
	discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;

What text are you talking about? The "Zeroing" and following number in the upper right corner (like in this picture)? That should be removed by the weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponEmpty"; entry. If it's not, then you either have weapon inheritancies wrong, you inserted the line incorrectly, or you have another mod putting them back on.

Edited by Xeno426
added picture example

I have been looking for a description of several of the "new" OA config entries, namely lockDetectionSystem, incommingMisslieDetectionSystem, radarType, weaponLockSystem. Seems they have been added to the BIS Wiki, but no explanation is given.

Have you guys ever found out, what the parameters do in detail?

Does OA now differentiate between different guidance modes, i.e. optical, wire/radio, IR, radar (mmW, etc), UV? (weaponLockSystem?)

Is there a proper differentiation between the types of countermeasures now (flares, chaff, ecm)?

And a proper sensor differentiation in vehicles?

Or were these values just added for compatibility with the forthcoming title? If so, I might try to add those to the GLT weapon packs, and to retrofit it into MMA to safe some scripting overhead by using engine functionality instead.

In A3, I hope they will put some focus on planes, helicopters, and armor/apc simulation, which compared to the infantry part still seems quite crude. Aside from CQB in buildings, the latter is very good already, but I find the disbalance is becoming limiting factor overall. I hope they add the interactive cockpits from ToH to all vehicles in A3.