Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

Can anyone explain how can I create custom repository with six updater? I've read: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup but can't understand how to use RepoBuilder UI, if I enter empty dir in "Local Folder" it obviously creates empty config, but if dir is not empty it throws error "RuntimeError Folder is not empty". Manually creating/updating config.yml with all those updated_version, guid, size fields is nonsense.

Can anyone explain how can I create custom repository with six updater? I've read: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup but can't understand how to use RepoBuilder UI, if I enter empty dir in "Local Folder" it obviously creates empty config, but if dir is not empty it throws error "RuntimeError Folder is not empty". Manually creating/updating config.yml with all those updated_version, guid, size fields is nonsense.
The SU thread btw is @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Also the recommended/official method to recommend new/updated mods is to write a message @ the support disqus; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

In any case:

1. Create empty folder

2. Set this folder as Local Folder in RepoBuilder

3. Click Initialize Repository, also Initialize Server if you want to configure server info

4. Edit Repo Config for basic info (hosts, info url etc). Also Edit Server config if needed.

5. Put modfolders in the Local Folder, perhaps mpmissions in mpmissions subfolder if you wish

6. Enter Remote Folder

7. Click Push

Repo Config (config.yml) Mods and Missions sections are handled automatically, apart from supplemental information.

See for example http://www.pastie.org/2497827

Edited by Sickboy

Is it correct that SixUpdater goes through a lengthy Install Shield process whenever I click on the GUI? Is this its way of checking for updates? It puts a working shortcut on my desktop when it finishes.

It won't every time but it updates often. So yeah, it will do that a lot.

If you're in a loop, you most likely have multiple versions installed or broken installation. - Uninstall all you can find in Control Panel Programs, delete all Six Projects / Six Updater related folders from Program Files, and reinstall.

Edited by Sickboy

Ive searched all over for a solution to my problem and have found nothing so I turn to the ArmA community.

I have been using SIX now for about a 2 weeks now without any problems to play on our units ACE server but recently SIX has been playing up. When it starts up some of the windows are black and when I move my mouse over a area that isnt blacked out that also turns black. Clicking on any buttons also turns that section black and right clicking on any presents does nothing.

Below is a pic to show what happens:

prob-1.jpg

New Six Config Browser application version online, still WIP.

http://browser.six-projects.net/

More improvements will probably occur next months.

Just seen this - nice! Much, much quicker than than the current six-browser. Looking forward to seeing it develop. What would be really special is if it had support for third party addons (units, vehicles, weapons etc). I don't know how you are populating the database, so don't know how easy this would be! Happy to raise a feature request if you point me at the right dev-heaven place for it. Alternatively you can just tell me to sod off!

Just seen this - nice! Much, much quicker than than the current six-browser. Looking forward to seeing it develop. What would be really special is if it had support for third party addons (units, vehicles, weapons etc). I don't know how you are populating the database, so don't know how easy this would be! Happy to raise a feature request if you point me at the right dev-heaven place for it. Alternatively you can just tell me to sod off!

Cheers! The backend is currently much the same though the upgrade from Rails 2.3 to Rails 3.2 isn't a minor one, resulting in better performance and experience :)

The procedure is as follows:

- Download+Install the wanted Mods

* Load the game with the wanted Mods

* Run the DumpConfig mission to dump the in memory config to the RPT

* Run the Trimconfig script that parses the RPT, cleans it and saves it as a config

* Run the Parser script that parses the config to XML, and from XML to Ruby/YAML

- Upload the YAML file to the server and import it

- Give the new imported version a name and, assign it to a mod

Starred entries are already automated, the rest should be do-able as well, but are minor manual tasks regardless.

Funnily I've offered Mikero from CWR yesterday to do it for their Mod, perhaps as a prelude to more mods ;)

Before going brutal and get many mods in there, I feel I will have to improve the Parsing and Importing performance at the very least,

but also more back-end parts of the webapp will need some improving as well :)

I suppose I could make an utility so that people can generate and submit their own configs at some point.

Edited by Sickboy

I see that 'load the game with the wanted mod' would be the bottleneck here then for now. I suppose this allows the game to work out the class inheritance rather than you doing it from a source config file. I will leave my 'drag and drop a config file' request for another day then:p

"I suppose I could make an utility so that people can generate and submit their own configs at some point."

That would be a great idea!

Bottleneck maybe, but I don't think "drag and drop a config file" is an impossible task, perhaps for the far future :)

I think the "drag and drop a prepared yml file" is a viable option for now, at least once I've created a proper public usable utility to accomplish this.

And yes building from source files instead would be a big task, also by taking it as loaded in the game, we always get the correct picture - the way the game sees it :)

Edited by Sickboy

So ... is it just me? (I know it isn't, AAMOF.)

A couple of weeks ago Six started updated 3, 4 ... 8 times each time I launched it. So I tore it out by the roots, installed the newest version, and carried on.

Now it only updates once ... every other day or so.

Is this normal? is something amiss?

It's supposed to update if I release an update. The 3, 4, 8 times was indeed a bug. Once every few days seems about right.

I have a question about SixUpdater and A2CO Beta + Okt_NoBlur mod (which removes the rotation motion blur when you turn fast, but needs to be updated for each beta version). Normally I see SixUpdater supports Okt_NoBlur for retail 1.60, and I can add the beta version manually.

However, in recent betas (86xxx?), BIS added the -beta starting parameter, which should be IIRC used for beta folders instead of -mod, to prevent some issues. -beta always gets loaded first.

And due to the way Okt_NoBlur works, it needs to be loaded first for 89201 onwards to work with them (89201 introed new AA - SMAA shader), AFAIK. Which worked like this:

"-beta=@OktNoBlurBeta;expansion\beta..." so it gets loaded before the Beta patch.

But if I add it manually to Six, it will get loaded by normal -mod, no? And I can see the beta dirs use the old -mod method as well in Six?

If so, could you add the -beta handling, and perhaps put it into Additional options so we can add our content into -beta command line option as well for OktNoBlur betas to work?

I will cross-post this in Oktane's thread, as I am not sure his mod still requires to be loaded first, but it had been that way when SMAA was introduced in 89201.

Thank you.

Just like to give a big thumbs-up to Sickboy for Six Updater. VOLCBAT's been using it for managing our modlines for a good long while and I can't recommend it enough. I recently had cause to set-up another repository and it was way easier than I had imagined. Truly revolutionises how to manage custom ArmA installations.

Kudos! ;)

Just like to give a big thumbs-up to Sickboy for Six Updater. VOLCBAT's been using it for managing our modlines for a good long while and I can't recommend it enough. I recently had cause to set-up another repository and it was way easier than I had imagined. Truly revolutionises how to manage custom ArmA installations.

Kudos! ;)

Thanks man :-) Glad you guys are enjoying and appreciating the effort!

Be sure to drop me a ticket if anything comes up, bug or feedback / feature request.

Have a lot more in store for you guys, moving towards the 3rd incarnation of the Updater platform,

but it's still months away, will start talking about things once we're getting closer :)

Btw the actual SU thread is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Edited by Sickboy

CWR2 Added to the Config Browser!

[snip]

Once i've dealth with some issues when processing classes out of order, I44 and Unsung will probably soon follow,

and perhaps others, if interested.

Genius! This is the way forward!

Did you see that Scott_NZ has got Arma2Net writing directly to a database? Wondered if it might be something to investigate with regard to getting configs out of Arma more easily without having to parse output files?

Did you see that Scott_NZ has got Arma2Net writing directly to a database? Wondered if it might be something to investigate with regard to getting configs out of Arma more easily without having to parse output files?
Yep: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29495

Thanks though!

I've started to enhance the config browser behavior.

Your selected Version is now remembered in cookie and you can set the version now in right upper corner.

You can also see some stats about the selected version/mod, and it will tell you if you have actually selected the latest version of the Mod, or an older one ;) In case of older, it adds a link to the latest

E.g latest ACE version: http://browser.six-projects.net/?version=60

Shows: Latest version for ACE with ACEX out of 32 versions

While an older ACE version: http://browser.six-projects.net/?version=57

Shows: Not the Latest version for ACE with ACEX out of 32 versions

Specifying an inexistent version will tell you failure: http://browser.six-projects.net/?version=666

Specified version (666) not found.

Hopefully i'll have some time soon to dig into improving the Import process and open it up to more mods! :-)

Sickboy can you update us on your plans for your program in regards to Arma 3? I've heard gossip about an incorporation with Arma 3 officially is this accurate?

Love Six Updater btw, brilliant.

Cheers.

Sickboy can you update us on your plans for your program in regards to Arma 3? I've heard gossip about an incorporation with Arma 3 officially is this accurate?

Love Six Updater btw, brilliant.

Cheers.

Glad you enjoy the software!

I've responded in the actual SU thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2123747#post2123747