Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

Ok, so just for clarification (as these last 5 pages have me confused):

If I play Arma2 alone, use @CBA 0.4.2;

If I play Operation Arrowhead stand-alone, use @CBA_OA;

And if I play Combined Ops, I need both?

I was under the impression the OA expansion would help us all get under the same umbrella, but as it turns out, it just makes 3 out of 2. And now I'm a little lost.

I've been playing ArmA2 stand-alone (with friends), and Combined Ops (SP), using @CBA, WarFXParticles, Tracers, TangoRomeo, HiFi, and JTD....

Everything has been running fine except for the "spinning flames" while playing Combined Ops (and yes, I'm aware that it's another mod doing that, not CBA).

Anyway, just double checked my @CBA version.........0-3-1?!?! I guess I'm behind.

So, what do I need to download, precisely?

And what do I do to avoid all this problematic stuff happening to these other guys?

I'm grateful for any direction, here......

Also:

It might be nice in the future to edit @CBA current version and update information into the first post on the thread.

There's no way a mortal man can check this thread every single day, or should have to read through 30 pages of forum to find out a newer version is available.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Cheers.

Edited by Ben Endless

Ok, so just for clarification (as these last 5 pages have me confused):

If I play Arma2 alone, use @CBA 0.4.2;

If I play Operation Arrowhead stand-alone, use @CBA_OA;

And if I play Combined Ops, I need both?

The 0.5.0 announcement post a few pages back said this:
What do I download?

• If you're still on ArmA II, download the 0.4.2 version and use -mod=@CBA
  • If you have a merged "Combined Operations" installation with both Arma II and Arrowhead, download 0.5.0 and use -mod=@CBA
  • If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, get 0.5.0 and use both mod folders: -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

The README file that comes with the 0.5.x archives explains it this way:
What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

IMPORTANT: If you don't have Arrowhead at all, you need the older 0.4.x release of CBA, which is compatible with ArmA II.

That should be clear enough.
Anyway, just double checked my @CBA version.........0-3-1?!?! I guess I'm behind.
Yeah, that's a bit old.
So, what do I need to download, precisely?
See above.
And what do I do to avoid all this problematic stuff happening to these other guys? I'm grateful for any direction, here......
You read the readme file from the 0.5.x archives and follow the directions in there.
Also:

It might be nice in the future to edit @CBA current version and update information into the first post on the thread.

There's no way a mortal man can check this thread every single day, or should have to read through 30 pages of forum to find out a newer version is available.

Just a friendly suggestion.

That would be ideal, yes, but it's not possible currently, since OP has taken a leave of absense from this forum for the time being. Edited by Killswitch

That would be ideal, yes, but it's not possible currently, since OP has taken a leave of absense from this forum for the time being.

Perhaps you could lock this thread and start a new one with updated info....

I'm skeptical, but does CBA have a sort of addAction helper script that allows us to pass code so we don't need to use a specific file? If not, it could use one.

Here's what I'm talking about. I need to remotely execute some code from an action. The problem is that addAction only takes an specific file (and not code), and obviously if the client does not have that script then they can't execute that code. I need a helper script that I can pass code to, and that as long as the client has it installed, will allow me to remotely execute it upon use of the action.

I wrote this up real quick as an example of how it might work:

_param = _this select 3;

if(typeName _param == "ARRAY")then{
_code = _param select 0;
_args = _param select 1;

[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2]+_args call _code;
}else{
_code = _param;
[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2] call _code;
};

Called:

_obj addAction ["My Action",CBA_actionHelper,_myOnActCode,1,false,true,"",""];
// OR
_obj addAction ["My Action 2",CBA_actionHelper,[_myOnActCode,_moreArgs],1,false,true,"",""];

With the ability to pass the arguments to the code in the same way as the addAction would. Do you get what I'm talking about?

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Big Dawg KS - no, CBA doesn't have that kind of functionality.

Everyone: please continue the CBA discussion in the new 0.6.0 thread here

It is there to guarantee a certain scheduling order for the XEH PostInit event handlers to make sure they are processed before the briefing is shown (and the mission's init.sqf is run). It came about after one of the ArmA II patches changed how scripts are scheduled (the 3 ms time slice thing or is it 0.3 ms) whereby the old way we did it broke.

Erm....then why does it also show when I end a mission and return to the menus? Is it de-initilializing?

I gotta agree with the people that think it's seriously annoying. I think I'll have to remove CBA when I'm not doing anything that uses it and curb my use of those things that do use it. That's how annoying it is.

Erm....then why does it also show when I end a mission and return to the menus? Is it de-initilializing?

I gotta agree with the people that think it's seriously annoying. I think I'll have to remove CBA when I'm not doing anything that uses it and curb my use of those things that do use it. That's how annoying it is.

Blame ArmA2. The background screens on the main menus are technically missions and it loads the same way.

I'm sick of seeing it initialise and de-initialise (or whatever it is doing!)

Please remove these screens.

Can we get a mod in here to start cleaning up the trolls? This is getting insane. Killswitch and Sickboy have explained it many times. I have explained it many times. If the people in here do not want to use any sort of logical thought and realize that we CAN NOT REMOVE THESE SCREENS DUE TO HOW THINGS ARE PROCESSED then they need to just not post in here.

Ok, then just make them flat black screens. I'm, too, fed up with those screens - contrary to your claims, I have them on-screen for several seconds every time I start/stop a mission.