What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Also money is always a tough topic on my end and I really have to count the coins in the end of the month before spending money on "luxury needs" ;)

Check your PMs LJ

Check your PMs LJ

Thanks matey ;)

So, Panimala sent me this nice graph showing the actual progress of his firearms video on YouTube:

He himself is really amazed by the overwhelming amount of views in his videos concerning just a soundmod for ArmA :) Thanks again for all the nice and huge support and interests you have in JSRS!

LJ

I for myself couldn't just sit there and listen to one or two sounds and asked a friend to test a sound for me with the EBR Rifle. I created a sound from my old M14 sounds here in JSRS 1.5, I kinda tweaked them, raised the bass a little and was totally focusing on the new stereo "feature"! That is MY result on the new engine:

http://mirror.24th-platoon.de/EBR.mp3

I know its kinda strange here and there, but this is just to show a bit, what could be possible with the new stereo sounds in ArmA 3. I wish I would had such an opportunity in ArmA 2 tbh... imagine what JSRS would have sounded like...

LJ

when it doesn't sound like that IRL, then i don't know :)

I think, the new possibilities they have are wonderful. Stereo sounds, thats a whole new level they (and I) can work on. I could (I dont know, I would try at least^^) provide intense sounds, hard reverbs, long trailoffs, echo's and much more. There could be a popular FPS shooter like surrounding created with the new filters they have and the way the engine is delivering the sounds. The new way of playing the sounds not randomly but one after another down the beingsX list is a really nice idea. Also that the one sound played will not stop when a new one will be played is pretty sexy and provides the nice immersion of real echoes. Still I dont know why BIS is not using it here and there.

The echoes are ok but not really noticeable, the weapon sounds are great, no question about that, but lack on character. Its just "bang" with a short echo after that. Some others are pretty awesome, and well, its still an Alpha and a lot of things will be changed I guess.

I for myself couldn't just sit there and listen to one or two sounds and asked a friend to test a sound for me with the EBR Rifle. I created a sound from my old M14 sounds here in JSRS 1.5, I kinda tweaked them, raised the bass a little and was totally focusing on the new stereo "feature"! That is MY result on the new engine:

http://mirror.24th-platoon.de/EBR.mp3

I know its kinda strange here and there, but this is just to show a bit, what could be possible with the new stereo sounds in ArmA 3. I wish I would had such an opportunity in ArmA 2 tbh... imagine what JSRS would have sounded like...

LJ

This was awesome, can´t wait for JSRS A3

^ Probably MOST of the community is eager too.

When LJ finds the right time i believe the (current) limited amount of Vehicles/Weapons can significantly limit the work-to-be-done imo

It makes you a killing machine :p

a3.jpg

Please help me!

I play Arma2 with ACE mod by using playsix updater..

HOW do i enable JSRS properly with playsix updater? I have no idea about what to do?

Thanks in advance

Funatix

Does everyone get a sound error pop up with JSRS plus 1.13 ACE? I am getting several and both are most up to date.

Please help me!

I play Arma2 with ACE mod by using playsix updater..

HOW do i enable JSRS properly with playsix updater? I have no idea about what to do?

Thanks in advance

Funatix

Sry, I dont have any Idea about PWS so I cant help you out about this topic, I think some one else here can though.

Does everyone get a sound error pop up with JSRS plus 1.13 ACE? I am getting several and both are most up to date.

Yeah we had this error message either here and we have NO idea what's causing it. The reason is, the message is not saying exactly WHAT is missing, so it would be impossible to find the sound of 5600 that the game says is missing. So I can spent this much time on this and this error will stay I'm afraid!

UPDATE:

I released the JSRS 1.5 FINAL. It contains the last UPDATE 4 which is fixing the last error tickets from DevHeaven (EVO ACR Config, MH60/Blackhawk inside sound to low, TTS650 signature failure). The links are updated in the front page of this thread. I will keep the old updates online for those who didn't downloaded them yet but dont want to re-download the whole mod itself.

http://mirror.24th-platoon.de/JSRS/JSRS15MOD-FINAL.rar

And by this I want to mention that I really really appreciated the time here with you guys! You were awesome and we really had an awesome time. I would never got this far without your support over the last years. Thank you for playing with JSRS and making this mod as popular as it is right now!

I will move on now and will, as some already know, focus on the ArmA3 development. Even if this is not really saying goodbye, it still feels weird to leave ArmA 2 to focus on ArmA 3! I really hope you can understand my point of view since the updated A3 engine provides so much more possibilities for a sound dude like me, that I really have to use them. For my own sake! I will leave this thread open, still will check on it every day! But with this post I officially announce that the work on ArmA2 has been stopped and JSRS and I will move over to the next level. I really hope you guys enjoyed staying with us here and that we will meet again!

Also I want to mention that this is not a announcement for a ArmA3 JSRS Mod or anything. I will just move one, for MYSELF mainly. And when ever I would decide to release mods for A3, you will know it soon enough, through Armaholic or the JSRS Facebook site, or through the official JSRS Studio website I think about to let it create by a really good friend. I will NEVER move on Steam Workshop, never release a mod there and NEVER ask anyone or even ALLOW anyone to release my work or parts of it there! So you can be sure, what ever you will see there with JSRS or my name on it? ITS FAKE!

Thanks again! I still hope you are not too mad with me now :) Thanks for all the time you spent, all the support, all the trust and awesome time! Thanks guys! You were awesome!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Thx for everything you did for A2 community,you are one of the few that really hugely improved Bis product....for free and that means a lot for us

Yeah we had this error message either here and we have NO idea what's causing it. The reason is, the message is not saying exactly WHAT is missing, so it would be impossible to find the sound of 5600 that the game says is missing. So I can spent this much time on this and this error will stay I'm afraid!

LJ

LJ, I'm not sure if this was "tongue in cheek" since I didn't give any specific "error" messages or if you were serious. I'm currently at work and can't post the exact error message that is popping up. I know one said something about "treecutter" or something along those lines and another was some sort of vehicle sound error at the main menu. I'll be sure to get the exact error message to post once I get to the house. I just wanted to see if this is normal or should the game be loading error free.

Thanks guys

Hey

I use JSRS 1.5 and I have the problem that in multyplayer it seems like I only hear the "close-weapon-sounds"

some1 can shoot a M249 100m away I hear NOTHING not even cracks or snaps from the bullet impacts.

If the person is cloe enought though I hear him shoot.

In singeplayer tho everything seems fine: I went in the editor, spawned a couple of OPFOR and BLUFOR positioned myself liek 200m away and I heard their gunfight then I engaged them myself and heard snaps n cracks when they returned fire.

I have the problem when startin @JSRS 1.5 with @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA

and when I start @JSRS 1.5 with @CBA_CO

I own ArmA II : CO

Edited by Magicool

Thank you for all your work you have done for the community mate! Also thank you for the support you have always shown (and still do) towards Armaholic, we really appreciate that.

I hope we will see your work in Arma 3 some day as well but more important is that you can now start doing what you want to do :)

Final release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Hi Jarhead,

Well to be honest, I have messed around with 1.5 for some time now and I have found it difficult to constructively criticise nearly all aspects of it since this release. At one time there were niggle guns, some niggly incoming rounds, vehicles and so on & also walking sounds. Since 1.5 I haven't swapped anything out, and quite simply you nailed what people were asking for, coupled with all the script progression for ambient/in door sounds and first person weapon extras, I think its definitely a polished package fixed install for Arma2 for as long as anyone has it on their machine.

As and when you come back with Arma3 content/Arma3 section thread I will be listening intently on the new things it can do (and will also be part of the deciding factor on if I purchase post full release) IE: what audio engine has got going for it in 3.

Much respect for your & teams dedicated and hard work to take a soundmod above and beyond what the engine initially was expected to be capable of, and definitely with how that gets pushed for Arma3.

Oh, and MAKE BACKUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

BTW thanks for that mirror link it took 10 mins to grab 1 gig, nice.

Thank you LJ for your hard work to make A2 (I kid you not) the most awesome sounding game I know!

I would also like to thank you on behalf of my team. We were happy that you gave us the opportunity to test JSRS before the officila release and we would be pleased if you decide to "hire" us again if you make something for A3.

I look forward to what you are able to achieve with the new engine!

(Thank god that we still can install addons the old fashioned way, steamworks won´t be necessary for mods)

LJ: thanks very much for this update.

Is it a complete release? Or is it a hotfix?

i.e. should I simply delete previous versions? or should I overwrite them?

I really appreciate your attention to detail and I can only hope that the A3 sound engineer is inspired by your work.

When I'm cowering behind a wall or walking through a forest, I now love to listen to the sound-scape, particularly the distant sounds.

@domokun

you can use update 4 if you have jsrs 1.5 update 3. Or you can delete old folder and "install" jsrs 1.5 final. Also remember about Acr dlc sounds.

Dear mate,

enjoy the sound of silence...

W´ll see you, that for sure!

Sincere thanks

McL

-Psycho-;2337036']@LJ' date=' we met us on the other side. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I damn hope so, mate ;)

Dear mate,

enjoy the sound of silence...

W´ll see you, that for sure!

Sincere thanks

McL

Thanks Lupo ;) I will! Hope to get "preview'ed" soon again with what ever I will create over there ;)

LJ

Thank you so, so much for all your hard work on JSRS, LJ! Thanks to you, my ArmA II game experience really became MUCH livelier. I may not be getting ArmA III immediately, but when I do, yours will certainly be the first sound mod I download. Many thanks again!

any1 interested in helping me?

You say @JASRS 1.5 with @CBA_CO but the modfolder name is @JSRS 1.5. Maybe thats the problem? Anyways, keep the game up to date, as well as CBA_CO. When you got ArmA2CO installed and RUN as CO, with everything up to date, then I HAVE TO work. Otherwise I have no idea what could cause this problem. As far as I know there was someone else over at Favebook who told me about this, even after he got everything set up to date.

LJ

just a misstyping here, was pretty early in the morning :)

beta patch I use is 102678

tried it today again with the latest JSRS 1.5 version

cba_co should also be up2date (v1.0.1pre2)

You made my game days happier! You turned bread and wine into the body and blood! Now we need you more than ever to fix arma 3 sounds!lol they sound like paitball guns!lol

Big thanks for the hard work!