Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

How to properly use the M107?

How do I use the M107 properly on jeeps, tanks, APC, and helicopters? Where should I hit? I have no idea where to find the engine block on tanks and so on.

I've tried to shot the jeep right in the engine block but it doesn't seems to work even though I fired about 3 rounds in it.

I don't think Armed Assault has that kind of functionality for the rifle.

The M107 doesn't function as an anti-materiel rifle in this game. Aim for wheels, where the crew of APCs sits if you have OA or Ace 2, and the engine block of choppers. Some are very weak there, others require half a dozen hits. Tail rotors are generally too tough.

Generally the drivers head.

What he said :)

Ow.

I didn't expect this from Arma, really.. I wonder why BIS didn't make it work.

Anyway, is there any kind of mod for this? I'd really like a anti materiel rifle that really works. It's for the campaign I am doing.

I think making component damage for cars is very difficult, otherwise ACE would have implemented it as they have done for choppers and tracked vehicles.

There is, however, some way to detect engine block hits on cars, and a script could then remove all gas from the vehicle.

I remember that there was once a XM109 addon,and with that rifle(if it is not a cannon) you can completely destory(not disable) a BMP-2 in 3 rounds.

I remember that there was once a XM109 addon,and with that rifle(if it is not a cannon) you can completely destory(not disable) a BMP-2 in 3 rounds.

ACE 2 has an XM109 though I do not believe it is anywhere near that powerful modelled in ACE.

AS for attacking vehicles, rather than aim for the engine, go for the crew, If not, the tires, if not, the guns.

-Thanx,

Luke