What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

It's the ingame environmental modules and a Area fog script, plus a color tint.

you can download the mission in the info of that vid for a look at what i used.

Ok thanks mate!

I hope this was not reported yet, but there is no sound playing when the m134 is firing with 4000rpm.

This accounts for the US Army Blackhawk.

The AH6J m134 also has issues: in the weapon selection there are 7 slots: 6 times the m134 displayed as "Full auto" and 1 slot showing the hydras.

The m134 sounds different when cycling through the different slots.

Note that I really love your Soundmod, it's my new favourite, and about to become the best one out there!

I don't want to complain or something, just to point it out for you, as you might not have heard about that issue yet!

All the best, and keep the awesome work up!!

Hi, and thanks,

the issues was already reported, all of them. And they are fixed already... i mean the missing m134 sound, and it would reworked to fit more now. Now its fine. With the multiple Fire-modes i have no idea was the problem is. On the MH60-S the M134 works just fine now. But not on the AH6j. In the config of the AH6J i see nothing that could cause this problem. But I will find the problem soon.

UPDATE

I have split of the Supersonic.pbo and deleted it. Now there are 3 new files. Sonic-Cracks, Explosions and Bullet-hits. The Bullet-hits i have completely reworked. Now there are different bullethits, when firing a 9x19mm weapons the impact is not so loud, just one small "ping, knack, gkrk^^. When firing an 127x108 its an HARD impact. Its loud and Dirt is flying around your head (the sound i mean) and when firing an 545x39 its not such a loud impact like an 762x39.

This are the different Bullets:

Bullet_9x18

Bullet_9x39

Bullet_127x99

Bullet_127x108

Bullet_545x39

Bullet_556x45

Bullet_762x39

Bullet_762x51

Bullet_762x54

Bullet_medium (an all-rounder for not definite Bullets.) (Thanks to MarkXIII at this point)

Each bullet have 118 new Sounds. That mean: IT WAS AN FUCKING DAMN LONG WORK! Over 1000 sounds. Each single one to edit in the Editor? Oh man, this was taking a long time. But now its just great^^.

Each bullet have now 6 different Bullet-by sounds. In the last release there not even one bullet-by because i forgot something. Now you have 60 new whistle's, zings, Bullet-by's or what ever you call them. Old Soniccracks are now deleted and over 50 new are coming. I know, some of you liked the old ones, so i will make an separate Download for different Soniccracks. So you should have to choose for your self than.

I like my when the mod is user-friendly as it could be.

So, the MG36 Problem still there i guess? I have no idea what the problem is. But i saw in an other Forum-topic, that someone has the same problem when using an other mod. Maybe this is an bigger problem than i thought.

The Grenade explosions have an reverb now, so they not sound so cut off. New Environment SFX sound just fine. The whole ambiente is now so.... clear... cleaned... i dont know, just like an new game^^

SO.... anything i forget.... i dont know.... now you have something to read.:D

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Awesome...

Great work as usual my friend, keep it up your making alot of people very happy !

Haha, I need never come out of retirement ;)

well, you forgot a release date for that new version xd.

08/22/2010

Well, you forgot a release date for that new version XD.

***bounces like a 3 year old little kid about to get a new candy bar anxious for the release date**** :D

08/22/2010
**** pouts like a little 3 year old kid***** lol

SO.... anything i forget.... i dont know.... now you have something to read.

I think you have covered more than enough bases with that last update post :butbut: :)

Cant wait to get hold of it and try it all out.

WoW!!! I am so looking forward to the next release!! Phenomenal work. And lots of it too by the sounds of things.

(There really should be some way to voluntarily contribute something for your efforts .)

I am basically running 3 game improvement mods now..this , WarFX and Zeus AI.

Sad thing is , these mods shouldn't even have been required as they are all major improvements to basic game that should have been included by the developers.

I'm just thankful that there are others out there that feel these improvements are required to overcome the developers over sights.

Epic work Jarhead, this mod is already indispensable to me - In my opinion I haven't tried a soundmod in the entire ArmA series that equals this one in both scope and quality.

Hi I'm new to whole ArmA thing and i've stumbled upon this mod by accident.

It's great, comparing to vanilla sounds it's just great thank you for all the hard work you've done.

I have some questions though and i'm sorry for dumping them all here but for the new player amount of information to assimilate is kind of staggering :

1. I see some other sound mods for example: ACE_SM or or RH(guns) with sounds. Is there something to be done about it on my part, should i disable something or is it important in what order mods are loaded ? :confused:

2. I've got X-Fi Extreme Audio that came with my motherboard. In this game I can't really tell how far and from where i'm being shot at :mad: by sound.

I read in the other thread about audio but it wasn't very helpful. Do you guys have similar problems or should i get X-fi Titanium with full driver/software (game mode) Eax 5 support etc.

Thanks.

PS. I'm on 32-bit XP Pro, btw.

Edited by GROM64

Jarhead Take all the time you need. This is an awesome mod. Its your mod. We are not paying customers. Though as good as it is... you probably could make money lol.

I wonder if BIS has ever considered hireing some of you guys that come up with these mods. Ace, DAC, Sixsense, VOP, CSM..... I could list alot of talented modders in here. Cuase as much as I like Bis products.... well Arma series not sure bout the rest, but yeh the modders here seem to put out a better product for free for bis. But just my opinion. If I where Bis Id contemplate talking to a few of you guys. lol unless most of you work for them anyways. :D enough said.

Hi I'm new to whole ArmA thing and i've stumbled upon this mod by accident.

It's great, comparing to vanilla sounds it's just great thank you for all the hard work you've done.

I have some questions though and i'm sorry for dumping them all here but for the new player amount of information to assimilate is kind of staggering :

1. I see some other sound mods for example: ACE_SM or or RH(guns) with sounds. Is there something to be done about it on my part, should i disable something or is it important in what order mods are loaded ? :confused:

2. I've got X-Fi Extreme Audio that came with my motherboard. In this game I can't really tell how far and from where i'm being shot at :mad: by sound.

I read in the other thread about audio but it wasn't very helpful. Do you guys have similar problems or should i get X-fi Titanium with full driver/software (game mode) Eax 5 support etc.

Thanks.

PS. I'm on 32-bit XP Pro, btw.

Hm, by ACE_SM im sure you have to delete the whole mod, corze both want to change the same thing, such as RH_Guns. I never touched this mods, so i have no idea if they modular or compact mods.

Modular means that each weapons if split of, so you have, in my case, each single gun in the @JSRS-W (weapon) folder. Means: You can choose for yourself which weapons you want to covering with my sounds.

Compact Means there is an Whole big File. Just one most. This file means: I CHANGE WHAT I WANT, NOT WHAT THE USER WANT. Ok, sometimes the user want it too:D.

So, when RH-Guns or ACE_SM are modular as HiFi or even my Mod, you can switch the sounds around. But i don't think they are modular, so i think you have to delete them.

With that Extreme Audio thing what ever^^ i have no idea, i using an old Onboard Audio ... thing.... don't know what it is but works for me;)

Jarhead

Jarhead Take all the time you need. This is an awesome mod. Its your mod. We are not paying customers. Though as good as it is... you probably could make money lol.

I wonder if BIS has ever considered hireing some of you guys that come up with these mods. Ace, DAC, Sixsense, VOP, CSM..... I could list alot of talented modders in here. Cuase as much as I like Bis products.... well Arma series not sure bout the rest, but yeh the modders here seem to put out a better product for free for bis. But just my opinion. If I where Bis Id contemplate talking to a few of you guys. lol unless most of you work for them anyways. :D enough said.

I don't think they would ask us. They have Guy for this and they love him(I don't know why:p)! And i don't think i want to work "for anyone else" than for me and for you. This is a company, they have never enough time for this, they has release Dates and they have to be always the first ones. That way a game is never finished when they bringing it out. Just be the first on the Marked, the rest we will fix with patches. And so you can see, they give a shit on good sound. I really don't want to work for people they think this way. :j:

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS: The M16&M249 Update just for testing or if you don't like the JSRS-Sounds. You don't need them. :)

I don't think they would ask us. They have Guy for this and they love him(I don't know why:p)! And i don't think i want to work "for anyone else" than for me and for you. This is a company, they have never enough time for this, they has release Dates and they have to be always the first ones. That way a game is never finished when they bringing it out. Just be the first on the Marked, the rest we will fix with patches. And so you can see, they give a shit on good sound. I really don't want to work for people they think this way. :j:

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS: The M16&M249 Update just for testing or if you don't like the JSRS-Sounds. You don't need them. :)

Dont they know that they could sell more if they improved on the atmosphere... as some of the modders have. Concept is good... but its not going to put you ahead of your competitors. If not for you guys Arma would disapeer. Anyways again just my opinion. :D

Thanks for all the hard work. It is well apricitated cuase with yours and other mods the Arma series rocks @$$!!! ;)

can I get a list of A2 sounds names so that I could delete it to make it OA Standalone compatible.

UPDATE

I know you waiting for the 08/22... but i think i bring it out now! Its a preview Beta in Version 0.7.

J.S.R.S. Mod (Beta 0.7) Release 3 by LordJarhead

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

README

Version: 0.7 Beta Release: 08/15/2010

Description

This AddOns is a Soundmod for Arma2/OA. !!(not tested on OA-Standalone)!!

This AddOns will change:

- All handheld weapons.

- All helicopters.

- All movementsounds (Climb sounds not working).

- All explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits and so on.

- Some of the Vehicleweapons.

Required Addons

CBA: Community Base Addons

Installation

Just extract the .pbo`s from the @JSRS"-V, -E, -VW, -W" folders in your

Main x/Arma2/AddOns folder.

Changelog

v0.7 08/15/2010

-----------------

-Fixed: AH6J Config

-Fixed: M134 MGun

-Fixed: Movement Volume

-Fixed: Environment Volume

-Reworked: M134 <-> 2 New Sounds

-Reworked: AKM <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: AK47 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: AK107 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: AK74 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: AKS74 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: AKSU74 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: BIZON <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: CZ500 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: G36A <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: G36C <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: G36K <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: G36MG <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: LeeEnfield <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: M4A1 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: M4A3 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: M4AIM <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: M4RCO <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: M14 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: M40 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: M110 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: M240 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: M249 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: MK48 <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: RPK <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: PKM <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: SA58 <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: Movement <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: Environment <-> 4 New Sounds

-Reworked: Explosions <-> 8 New Sounds

-Reworked: Soniccracks <-> 40~50 New Sounds

-Reworked: SCAR_H <-> 8 New Sounds "TEST"

-Reworked: SCAR_L <-> 8 New Sounds "TEST"

-Reworked: All Reloads <-> No New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_9x18 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_9x39 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_127x99 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_127x108 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_545x39 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_556x45 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_762x39 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_762x51 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_762x54 Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Bullet_Medium Bullethits <-> ~100 New Sounds

-Added: Split off Supersonic.pbo

-Added: Explosions.pbo

-Added: Bullethits.pbo

I know, its not much for the long time. But i have not many time to work

on the mod. So sry if you now a bit angry!^^

Bugs

Error with Lags caused by the MG36 may still there. Not tested on Multiplayer.

Notes

Its in betaphase. Not everything works fine until now. So there are a lot of

things to do. Just remember this, if u have any issue!

Thanks to:

To MarkXIII and Darkxess and all the others from the Forumtopic for the

nice support, the help, and all the damn long declarations!

To the Fans of JSRS and all the people they're believing in this mod.

Forums Topic

Bis Forum (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100429)

@LordJarhead 2010

The Environment be reworked so its fits a bit better. The Volume was set a bit lower. The Movement was reworked to fits a bit better. The Volume was set a bit lower too. Some Explosions was getting changed to get a longer reverb. Environments SFX was added: So now you can hear different Random Sample, just in Testing yet, not finished.

Most weapons was reworked a bit to get a new Volume and fit a bit better to the rest. Sonic-Cracks was reworked, so they fit a bit better (Tell me if you don't like it, then i will bring you another Download with the old Soniccracks).

The JSRS_Supersonic.pbo was getting split of in:

Bullethits.pbo

Explosions.pbo

Sonic-Cracks.pbo

The M134 was getting fixed and should work fine now on AH6J, such as the the MH60_S M134 on 4000rpm.

Concrete Movement was fixed a bit. Explosions and Weapons now extremely louder then the whole Ambient.

Something i forget?

Hmm.... yah, the MG36 lag maybe still there. I cannot find anything in the Config, should work find... i dont know what the Problem is here.

All reloads was reworked and the Volume was set a bit lower. Not fit to the anims, this will come with the next update, corze this will take more than one Day for me.

I try to bring some new Helicopter for you with next update. But, no promises.

So, i just uploading now to the Armaholic Servers and will tell you when the Download is ready. Thank you so much.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Wow you're the man Jarhead!! Awaiting d/l link! To do list will wait 'till 2morrow, I'm so playing OA today

Thanks a bunch Lord!

Edited by -ACU-Tech

Ah, i really don't now, berliner19.

The Admins taking really long this time. But something is happening over there. We'll see soon i hope.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS: Damn, i getting a bit nervous now.

UPDATE:

The Armaholic Site is now online. DL is working.

Good Downloading everybody ;).

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PPS: I'm away for some Days now to take a break from the "hard Work i have with this Mod"^^ :D. So don't worry when i'm not answering as fast as normally. Tell me if you don't like the new Weapon sounds, they was changed a bit, but not finished. I'm worried about the AK's and the SCARS's a bit. Thanks

Edited by LordJarhead