Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO - V2.00+

Any news on a replacement mod using these weps? :)

I'll try to investigate these config issues, but it wont be for a couple of weeks now: I had a bit on an altercation with these three cunts who were trying to rob stuff from my garage last night, and I broke a few fingers in my right hand in the process.

I'm having some trouble trying to use a computer one-handed now that the pain meds have worn off, so I'll be avoiding anything that involves a lot of scrolling and right-clicking. ;)

@sv5000 I'll still try and email you those sight models when I have time though.

geez mate, that doesn't sound to good, did the cops get a hold of them after you had finished with them?

Cheers mate.

Man these are awesome weapons, I keep moving my head around via track IR in the middle of fire-fights locked in a trance admiring the weapon model and textures... :)

Awesome job guys!

Robalo has provided me with a solution to the "... dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted..." error, so I've made an small update/hotfix for the core config file (ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg.pbo) that should resolve the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?slbzf673zxbsiuk

The auxiliary config & readme archive linked in the first post has already been updated to contain this hotfix but not the main addon archive that contains ukf_ukweps_oa.pbo (the big file). First I'd like to know if the hotfix sorts out the problem for people who have previously experienced the error, but honestly I'd have to hassle Foxhound about updating that .7z and it doesn't really seem worth it when the only change is a tiny file that can be obtained through other means. Getting the Six Updater version updated once I have confirmation of the fix probably wont be a problem though; I'll shoot Sickboy a PM soon after. ;)

Again, big thanks to Robalo for the solution.

Regarding my busted fingers: Thanks for the kind words, but the whole 'ordeal' wasn't as violent as you might imagine. Basically I missed a rugby tackle that I made for one of them as they ran and landed badly, however it seems I managed to scare them enough to make them stash/drop all the shit they took from me (not that any of it was worth taking), and it was all recovered by myself or the police, along with some of their own stuff (like DNA, :p). I guess my threats to kick seven shades out of any of them them were sufficiently intimidating when delivered standing in the middle of the street, in a snowstorm, in the bollocky-buff. :D

Have you done something silly like open the .pbo and re-pack it?

I've only ever experienced that error when running the addon if I've attempted to make the .hpp files binarised during the packing process, along with the rest of the addon. The .hpp extension is now permanently excluded from the binarisation process in my BinPBO settings, and has been ever since Robalo explained the problem to me before the addon was released; so currently I'm thinking the problem is not at my end...

nope!but i found the origin of the problem.

the problem comes from old Robalo's ACE configs for ukf weapons.

Glad you got it sorted. :o

Yea, unfortunately the new pack seems to have caused some confusion and hassle for users, in tracking down old third-party addons and getting rid of them. I sort of apologise for that; but hopefully in the long run the new structure will make it easier for everybody to get the most out of the pack. For example, the hotfix I released today would have been several MB larger if the .pbo hadn't been cleared of all the old scripts, sounds and optics models that were pathed to that .pbo in the old version of the addon.

Will give the hotfix a try, thanks.

****on a quick check the hotfix appears to work as expected***

Edited by sv5000

****on a quick check the hotfix appears to work as expected***

Good to hear.

I've contacted Sickboy and Foxhound about updating the files hosted on Six Updater and Armaholic respectively, so it shouldn't be too long before anybody who hasn't yet downloaded the fix from my links, can update the addon via their preferred host.

When i get the L110A2 the sight doesnt work properly on the ACOG the crosshairs of the ACOG arn't there. This just a little glitch or should i download the pack again as it happens everytime i go on my gaming units server?

When i get the L110A2 the sight doesnt work properly on the ACOG the crosshairs of the ACOG arn't there. This just a little glitch or should i download the pack again as it happens everytime i go on my gaming units server?

I guess this is with some sort of ACE setup, as it sounds like the animated reticles feature is playing up. Right?

Currently my only advice is this: If the server isn't running ACE get rid of ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo if it's in your addon folder, and if you are both running ACE, check that both you and the server have ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo installed; in case it's caused by some sort of client/server config mis-match.

Then again, it might be something to do with ACE updates and/or keeping your clippi/userconfig settings up-to-date. I haven't tried updating my copy of that mod for a few weeks now, so I'm not sure if something needs doing in that regard.

Really you'd have to wait to see what Robalo says: I'm not all that familiar with how that system is implemented, or what might cause it to stop working.

I guess this is with some sort of ACE setup, as it sounds like the animated reticles feature is playing up. Right?

Currently my only advice is this: If the server isn't running ACE get rid of ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo if it's in your addon folder, and if you are both running ACE, check that both you and the server have ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo installed; in case it's caused by some sort of client/server config mis-match.

Then again, it might be something to do with ACE updates and/or keeping your clippi/userconfig settings up-to-date. I haven't tried updating my copy of that mod for a few weeks now, so I'm not sure if something needs doing in that regard.

Really you'd have to wait to see what Robalo says: I'm not all that familiar with how that system is implemented, or what might cause it to stop working.

It was working, i've played around with the ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo removing it and such but it doesnt solve it. As you say it could be something as simple as my ace clippi needs updating i'll check that now forgot all about it, shall also check if they work without ACE running. Thanks for the tips though.

EDIT

- Updated my ace clippi/config didnt make a difference.

- Didnt run ACE and the crosshair was there, so it must be something to do with ACE somehow however it was working fine with ACE a couple of days ago.

NEW EDIT

- You were right with the ACE reticles on the clippi unticked that went back on and they are back! Cheers!

Edited by MTace93

nice work, weapons are great.

i have alittle problem with the m249 mg, it uses 30rnd magazines :( it cant use the m249rnd :(

@MTace93

Glad you got it sorted. I'll add a note about it to the first post, in case the issue crops up again for people with future ACE updates.

@Raj

I know by default the L110A2s will tend to pick up 30rnd Mags when you take the weapon from the box, but if you manually select M249 belts from the box afterwards, you should get the option to load them into the weapon instead of the 30rnd mags through the action menu. Are you saying even with the belts in your inventory, you don't get the action menu option to load the M249 mags?

If that is the case, the difficulty is that currently there are 3 generations of Minimi classes in the game by default: class M249 added in ArmA 2, classes M249_EP1, M249_m145_EP1 and M249_TWS_EP1 added in Op. Arrowhead, and finally clas BAF_L110A1_Aim added in BAF. Each generation saw the addition of a different default magazine for the weapon as well: 200Rnd_556x45_M249 in ArmA 2, 100Rnd_556x45_M249 in OA, and 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1 in BAF. With my game setup ArmA2+OA+BAF the ArmA 2 M249 will only load 200Rnd_556x45_M249 and not 100Rnd_556x45_M249 or 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1, OA's M249_EP1 etc. will load both 200Rnd_556x45_M249 and 100Rnd_556x45_M249 but not 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1, and BAF_L110A1_Aim will load all three magazine - however, I'm not 100% sure this is the case for all game setups.

The UKF L110A2s inherit directly from BAF_L110A1_Aim without substituting or changing the list of compatible magazine classes, because my indication was that they would work with all three minimi mags for the majority of the community (IIRC most of us have have ArmA CO and at least BAF lite by now), but if we inherited from the other two weapons I know they wouldn't always work with the other mags. As such, I think it's some sort of hierarchy thing that the L110A2s chooses the 30rnd mags before the ArmA 2 200rnd belt.

At any rate, if the mags provided in the UKF crate don't work with your game setup, you should be able to find some that do in either the US Army or BAF ammo crates.

Thanks for the reply Da12thmonkey, i took the ammo from the UKF crate and it seems the 200rnd ammo is not compatible with UKF L110A2. I can't use the UKF 200rnd ammo on defaut bis L110A2 either:(.

However i can used bis default 200rnd ammo on the ukf L110A2 :)

@Raj

I know by default the L110A2s will tend to pick up 30rnd Mags when you take the weapon from the box, but if you manually select M249 belts from the box afterwards, you should get the option to load them into the weapon instead of the 30rnd mags through the action menu. Are you saying even with the belts in your inventory, you don't get the action menu option to load the M249 mags?

If that is the case, the difficulty is that currently there are 3 generations of Minimi classes in the game by default: class M249 added in ArmA 2, classes M249_EP1, M249_m145_EP1 and M249_TWS_EP1 added in Op. Arrowhead, and finally clas BAF_L110A1_Aim added in BAF. Each generation saw the addition of a different default magazine for the weapon as well: 200Rnd_556x45_M249 in ArmA 2, 100Rnd_556x45_M249 in OA, and 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1 in BAF. With my game setup ArmA2+OA+BAF the ArmA 2 M249 will only load 200Rnd_556x45_M249 and not 100Rnd_556x45_M249 or 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1, OA's M249_EP1 etc. will load both 200Rnd_556x45_M249 and 100Rnd_556x45_M249 but not 200Rnd_556x45_L110A1, and BAF_L110A1_Aim will load all three magazine - however, I'm not 100% sure this is the case for all game setups.

The UKF L110A2s inherit directly from BAF_L110A1_Aim without substituting or changing the list of compatible magazine classes, because my indication was that they would work with all three minimi mags for the majority of the community (IIRC most of us have have ArmA CO and at least BAF lite by now), but if we inherited from the other two weapons I know they wouldn't always work with the other mags. As such, I think it's some sort of hierarchy thing that the L110A2s chooses the 30rnd mags before the ArmA 2 200rnd belt.

At any rate, if the mags provided in the UKF crate don't work with your game setup, you should be able to find some that do in either the US Army or BAF ammo crates.

Well...well...well....

Glad to see one of you guys finally decided to get off your butt and quit being so lazy. Like any of this is hard or takes any time. Cheers for doing nothing all this time!

EDIT:

lol. Just messing around. I've been m.i.a. for a while and was feeling randy for my first post in a long while. Glad to see some progress. I've always enjoyed using these.

Thanks guys!

I like this addon very much! Can you add tracer ammo for L115 and make L115 compatible with ACE animated reticle (or replace with ACE reticle), please? Thanks!

Edited by kllrt

First I'd like to say how much i love this addon. One thing which I'd love to see in a future release would be this:

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/543/S2.jpg (170 kB)

Basically this is the sustained fire version of the L7A2. What this does is it increases the effective range of the GPMG from about 800 metres to over 1500 metres and is used extensively by Fire Support elements in the British Army. I know BIS made a GPMG with a minitripod but this is hardly a realistic depiction of the version the British use and it also doesn't work with ACE. If you could make something like this, would it be possible to configure it with ACE so the Gunner and assistant can carry and mount the gun on the tripod? and maybe allow the assistant to feed belts into the weapon.

It's the same weapon, just mounted on a tripod with the butt removed and a butt plate fitted.

I know that the BIS L7 is just their M240 model, however, using ACE, you can manpack the Gun and tripod. You can also, using ACE, mount the UKF L7A2 onto the M122 tripod, as well as having a Number 2 load the gun for you. As an extra see-off for the gunner, ACE has even implemented barrel bags, for those extra few pounds of misery when yomping and when you need a barrel change. This also works on the UKF Gun, in the light role as well: (ACE interaction, swap barrel.)

I appreciate that it's not the L4A1 tripod, and you're stuck in the low mount, however, given that you won't be doing map predicted fire, I think this fills the role of an SF gun well enough, for the time being at least. Admittedly you can't lay the gun onto targets as you would in reality, as you have to "get out" to reposition the tripod, change the traverse or elevation, but we can't have everything.

Saying that however, SF role Guns do make me happy in my trousers, and I wouldn't mind seeing one.

I'm pretty sure the GPMG w/tripod is bugged with ACE though as I cannot load any ammunition into it.

It requires the boxed 7.62mm link which is only available with ACEX irrc (or was that the HMG? Not played with CSW for sometime)