Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.3 released

Krem,

Are you saying that Air is just hovering around without getting deleted? Or you shoot them down, they crash but the wreck doesn't get deleted?

Yes Tup. When it crashes, but is not fully destroyed. Crew gets out (inevitably shot :) ) but vehicle doesn't delete.

how do i load the structures ie the wire and containers ect into vehicles or shipping containers ??? i don't get any option not in my ace interaction menu or the scroll down menu

i only seam to be able to tow or load ammo guns and barrels can anybody help ??

ps i am using ace

also i don't seem to be able to recruit soldiers all i get is a box telling me that the recruitment options are loading i never actualy get the option to choose a unit to recruit i also cant to sign in for patrol ops missions im only told in the radio dialog that i cant becaus im not a unit commander even wen i am in addition to this the last time i was testing mso in zagrabad and called a casevac helicopter a Blackhawk arrived and picked my team up but then it did not fly to the hospital it instead started flying in circles engaging targets on the ground.

are these bugs or am i doing somthing wrong ??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edited by short_German

You should be able to load objects into containers or vehicles as we use the R3F set of scripts. This is enabled by default. Should be wheel-scroll menu on objects to load into.

Recruitment options should work fine, are you running SP, hosted or dedi? Takes about 15-20 secs to load recruitment options.

Patrols Ops - requires your unit to be in the team leader array in PO2. This should be fine for default units. What units are you using as team leader? Are you using the default MSO missions?

CASEVAC - Should not engage enemy, but I have seen this before. They should just fly back to base.

Edited by Tupolov

@tupolov

making my own MSO Mission on fayshkhabur using your BASE Mission Code.

found another problem with PO2 air ops,

when u are a pilot so not a teamleader, u can not request air missions (by default).

"Nomad" player restrictions is broken as well.

i can fly aircraft and helicopter while im fire team leader, also tested with example missions.

one more..

when i turn off crb_convoys from ingame parameters or by default, i still get tasks to ambush enemy convoys.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

@tupolov

making my own MSO Mission on fayshkhabur using your BASE Mission Code.

found another problem with PO2 air ops,

when u are a pilot so not a teamleader, u can not request air missions (by default).

"Nomad" player restrictions is broken as well.

i can fly aircraft and helicopter while im fire team leader, also tested with example missions.

one more..

when i turn off crb_convoys from ingame parameters or by default, i still get tasks to ambush enemy convoys.

I'm not sure any of these are actually bugs, just the way it is. PO2 will spawn enemy convoys regardless of the mission param (that is for ambient enemy convoys when not using PO2). Player restrictions, if you are an admin you pretty much can do anything. You have to be a team leader to request missions.

yeah just found out that when i put // in front of the #devine crb_convoys, it also affects the insurgents.

they wont populate towns without them :)

being admin could indeed be the reason that im able to fly choppers and planes.

but in previous versions it would have kicked me right away with the usual messege: need to be in pilot slot to be able to fly...

also wat i encounter right now is that,

while testing sp mode in editor i get all po2 missions (only no request option wich is obvious, now when i am in MP i can request them but papabear does not come with tasks, re-requesting a mission gives a: u are allready assigned.

but no tasks pop up and nothing in the task list appart from ambushing the convoys appear.

You should be able to load objects into containers or vehicles as we use the R3F set of scripts. This is enabled by default. Should be wheel-scroll menu on objects to load into.

Recruitment options should work fine, are you running SP, hosted or dedi? Takes about 15-20 secs to load recruitment options.

Patrols Ops - requires your unit to be in the team leader array in PO2. This should be fine for default units. What units are you using as team leader? Are you using the default MSO missions?

CASEVAC - Should not engage enemy, but I have seen this before. They should just fly back to base.

Thanks for the assistance Tupolov

I am using different units than the ons placed by default (downloaded content ie rangers and navy seals) and also i am not using the default MSO missions i have changed a few little thing for use with a few friends ie ammo crates and positions of objects.

so far i have not been able to load construction materials into containers or vehicles but this may be because i am still testing most the missions threw the editor.

Recruitment options only load after about 5 minutes or longer even with standard MSO

I am running my server over Hosted over Lan as we all live close by and get together for a game once in a while.

another problem is that in many cases CASEVAC HELO'S never seem to even spawn maybe this is due to me not using the default units ??

And on the default MSO clafgahn air support and HELO'S fly into a hill strait after spawning this is not made any better by the fact that mountains are so high in places that helicopters get stuck on them :(

im also experiencing spawn problems on the lingor MSO i appear to be respawning in the bottom left corner of the map and CASEVAC helo don't spawn at all.

if they were spawning is there anyway i can change the aircraft conducting the casevac missions ??

ps i am using ace and a large amount of other addons

@shortgerman

for the civ extraction chopper put the following line in the initfield of the cEm module:

this setvariable ["nielsen_cEm_marker","nielsen"];

now place a helicopter landing position in the editor called: nielsen

did u put the spawn markers where u have set up your base ??

players spawn on the: respawn_UK and the respawn_West markers.

Respawn; is my base with all the other markers also im not using the default units if that makes a difference?

thx for the tip on the extraction module black mamba

Edited by short_German

again about the extraction...

just call that marker extraction, look into the init_mods.sqf it is explained there hope this helps .

About those markers in my case ive changed the US soldiers to SF units mixed with BAF and german fire teams.

i have two markers one for US and one for BAF besides that it is also possible to set spawn at the HQ.

Custom units will break the recruitment module - you'll need to dig around there to add the custom TL unit classname to fix it.

A lot of the other errors could be due to low FPS on a locally hosted game. This is indicated by the length of time it takes for everything to initialise - if it takes 5 mins instead of the usual 30secs, then you'll probably find that many of the other scripts are not firing at all. Similarly R3F won't work if the scripts haven't initialised yet - check the MSO notes in the map screen to see which modules are listed as ready.

To try and make things easier, you can disable a lot of the modules completely by commenting out the #define lines in various modules.hpp files - this is the easiest way to do it (as opposed to digging around in the init.sqf) Try disabling all ambience modules and all but one enemy type of your choice, and any support modules you don't think you'll need, then run it again and see if things improve.

Different/custom units should be fine with recruitment if you are using v4.31. If not please submit an issue on our dev heaven page.

For spawn at 0,0... You need to ensure you place a respawn marker for each faction at the base. E.g. Respawn_bis_us or respawn_bis_baf etc respawn_west should also work.

Construction materials probably need to be airlifted if they don't fit in vehicles. This is R3F functionality, not MSO.

CASEVAC looks for helicopters in the config for the players faction. If its not working, submit an issue and we can force a default (prob Chinook)

No aircraft AI works on Clafghan, this is a CLAfghan issue, not MSO.

We recommend that you run MSO as a dedi server on your PC rather than hosted.

I noticed in this MSO thread that the instruction for using mso/mso_uids.txt is no longer listed?

Does that mean server admins no longer need to use that text file for assigning permissions / privileges to be pilots or crew?

ok i got my po2 tasks working now and fixed a few more issue's it was on my end.

but one thing, when i call a "CASEFAC" for one unit papabear sends me a MQ8B Predator, if its AI thats wounded it somehow loads the injured.

but when i am the injured im screwed cause i can not enter the MQ8 :)

i see now thanks for the advice guys.

i fixt my recruitment and am now working on the other stuff i also added a few little radio triggers for things is there any way to make them require a radio as well ??.

also forcing a default casevac for blufor would be grate even better would be if you could easily edit them in the mission file or naming a marker on the map after them if thats possible to define the casevac and close air as well this would make it easier to adopt mso for the unsung mod and others.

Last but not least i get no action with the construction supplies at all i cant load wire nor anything els into vehicles or airlift it i simply don't get the option ti not in the scroll down menu or ace interaction module.

@Tupolov,

is there a easy way to get the AEG electric grid working on non supported islands ??

i PMed loyalguard but he doesnt answer,

so i tought lets ask here maybe u could give me some directions as it is the only thing not working on my island.

Hello Wolfy!

Question, and I don't mean to insult when I ask this.

Is there any way to grab your camp creator?

I'm working on my own little version of MSO, and believe me I love yours but the server can't handle it. So we had to improvise.

If possible, can you please tell me which components are required to create random camps, EXCEPT For specifically marked areas?

Then Populate those camps with Units pre-defined by me? (I'll add the classnames if needed)

Thank you :)

Have you tried turning everything off and just running with enemypop and seeing if you server can manage that? MSO was never intended to run with everything on. Also, Chernarus has many more locations than other maps, so you'll get many more AI that other maps even on the lowest % setting.

rmm_enemypop is the module that creates random camps across the map and populates them with enemy patrols. It uses a number of the Core functions though, such as createLocations, initLocations, BIN_fnc_taskDefend and randomGroup to populate the actual enemy. Getting it to add just units of your choice would take quite a bit of fettling, but you can easily reduce the numbers and type.

I hope I get to see this for Aliabad one day ;)

A couple questions about the civilian interraction:

Does the Search/Disarm ACE function currently have any function?

Also: I read in the Dev Tracker that it is possible to interrogate 'english-speaking' civilians, but I have yet to find any. Is that feature still in place?

Awesome mod, guys. I have a lot of fun playing around with it!

guys i'm loving this mod more and more but i have a few questions about your great work

1-as dakorath said how do i get the civis to speak english

2- is it possible to integrate the support radio script by neokika into mso because oure team is very small and so we don't really have people available for piloting aircraft ect. and the mso does not include transport helos that will pick you up and bring you where you want to go

2- is it possible to integrate the support radio script by neokika into mso because oure team is very small and so we don't really have people available for piloting aircraft ect. and the mso does not include transport helos that will pick you up and bring you where you want to go

This would be awesome! I've tried an failed (as I'm not a coder) to get it to work for on-the-fly spawned aircraft/helos but it doesn't work. It SHOULD work if you set up the markers from within MSO.

This would be awesome! I've tried an failed (as I'm not a coder) to get it to work for on-the-fly spawned aircraft/helos but it doesn't work. It SHOULD work if you set up the markers from within MSO.

how exactly did you try to do this ??

i put the transport script stuff in to the mso scripts file but i cant figure where to put the stuff from the int sqf and description ext

do u know how 2 do dat or anyone ealse ??

and i'm not a coder ether so i don't have a clue what you mean by setting up the markers inside mso what i did was put the files together and import the example mission so i have the markers and the files normally this should work but its not so i figured i have to bring the stuff from the int sqf and description ext across

but evry time i do that and then try to load the mission my game crashes and i get an error message

Edited by short_German