What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

WinRAR x64 3.93 - extracted OK (downloaded from second DL link on armaholic)

btw I'm loving your work, Jarhead! Very good work with the soundmod :)

WinRAR x64 3.93 - extracted OK (downloaded from second DL link on armaholic)

btw I'm loving your work, Jarhead! Very good work with the soundmod :)

:yay:Thanks, it was a problem caused by the user than. Thanks again! :yay:

I like the new weapon sounds, but the new sonic cracks/bullet flyby sounds are nowhere near as good as they were in the first version, sorry.

EDIT: Also, the rockets on the AH64 now have no sound, just letting you know. :)

Edited by Simon C

I had some unzipping issues as well, but I also have them with some other rars: if it says CRC error, I try again and for the second or third or max. fourth attempt it unzips okay.

No idea about the cause though, it is not on your end LordJarhead fo sho'

I had some unzipping issues as well, but I also have them with some other rars: if it says CRC error, I try again and for the second or third or max. fourth attempt it unzips okay.

No idea about the cause though, it is not on your end LordJarhead fo sho'

Hey Zapat, are you using Chrome? cause ive had issues these days with downloading, just like your saying! .. it could be that your having the same problem! :j:

Chrome works fine here, and unzipped with no trouble. :)

Will test later and give feedback.

Cheers.

the AH6J still has a messed up config. Instead of having the selectable weapons of 2000RPM, 4000RPM and FFARS you have the minigun like 7 times then FFARS which means the AI cant use it. Also the mini gun doesnt play the sound file on the UH60m on 4000RPM mode.

Doing a good job here Jarhead keep it up!

Hi Jarhead,

i tried the m16 and mk17. They are by far not loud enough. The quality of the shots are very very good, but the loudness... Please compare the volume of the shots with CSM2, Hifi or Eliassound. But at all its a great beginning!

Just tried it and I do find the whole thing a bit quieter than the default effects but uniformly so and easily amended with the volume slider.

And wow! When you crank it up the result is just sublime, thank you so much for creating and sharing this.

I just got done playing on MP with your sound packs running and I gotta say... WOW! Very impressed so far! Some of the volume levels could be fine tuned a bit more but I'll keep testing.

The sounds are great, they're really visceral in a realistic-grab-your-attention sort of way. Thumbs up! I'll definitely keep following the progress =) Thanks for your hard work!

Great sounds!! Thanks for taking the time to makes this addon LordJarhead, it's awesome!

there is a sound bug from original BI Sounds. That is either Mk 16 CCO SD or Mk 17 CCO SD (either one i forgot) has the NORMAL sound instead of SUPPRESSED, I'm not sure whether it is reported in CIT.

This video, JSRS Sound mod test on OA Scenario

E02: Laser show w/Special forces(weapon should be Scar-L Mk16 cco sd, but the sound is non suppressed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojlRIwPyzA

Just tried it and I do find the whole thing a bit quieter than the default effects but uniformly so and easily amended with the volume slider.

for me only gunshots are not loud enough. So if I turn the volume slider up the effect is that all other sounds are too loud, for example footsteps, explosions and vehiclesound.

specs:

win7-64 bit

x-fi

headphones

edit: the apache sound is awesome!!!

Edited by JumpingHubert

HE is working on guys it all be done by time and im helping him now to do the sounds for the British DLC =) he showed me how it works so be patient

I got an error with the latest beta and everything seems to sound the same ingame, I guess I'll wait for the next beta, unless you're willing to reupload it.

HE is working on guys it all be done by time and im helping him now to do the sounds for the British DLC =) he showed me how it works so be patient

Okay, but this is still beta phrase not even Release Candidate (RC) or Final release.

First off this sound mod is awesome, thanks. I just thought I would report some things I have found in this beta. The following weapons have some sort of high pitched noise where you would normally here the supersonic crack. To test, go into third person and turn it so that the camera is looking at person or vehicle from front on.

M242
GSh-23
GSh-301
GSh-30-2
YAK-B
2A72
2A42
2A38M
AZR-23
GAU12
GAU8
M230
SA-58
AK-47
AKM
AKS
Lee Enfield
M134 is still missing sound for 4000rpm

I also get this in my RPT:
Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_AK in 'jsrs_akm_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\ak\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_fnfal in 'jsrs_fnfal_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\fnfal\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield in 'jsrs_leeenfield_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\leeenfield\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M110 in 'jsrs_m110_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\m110\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M14 in 'jsrs_m14_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\m14\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\'
Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'ca\weapons_e\'

Thanks again mate for an awesome mod.

Edited by aeggwards1
More Info

Realy good sounds! Stunning job! :notworthy:

I agree with JumpingHubert.. the weaponsounds should be louder.

And i hope for a fast fix for the "Lags caused by the MG36" problem. Its realy sad that we can not play this amazing mod in MP because of the Lag problem ;)

many thx for your efforts!!

nm, i hate semicolons

Edited by _S2_