Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3, E3 Coverage (reveals)

It's not from Arma 3 ;)

but it's nice on TODO list for Nice-To-Have DLC right :D

A T-shirt.
And a beer :) I think thats a good thing :)

I just saw the video in armaholic and I think you made a great job BUT is there any chance to dispose the Action Menus?

Thanks :D These action menus were prepared for E3 presentation. We will improve it.

Sounds like a good idea :)

Edited by DarkDruid

Thanks :D These action menus were prepared for E3 presentation. We will improve it.

You guys really know how to frustrate people but at the same time put a smile on their faces! :D

I just saw the "Live Cam" video on gamespot and I have to say that I am really "in love" with ArmA3, the island is looking great, I like the physics improvement too.... I cant wait to see more videos. :cool:

easier ;)

If you grab a video, do it right:

2R8hWxgFMfY

Edited by Foxhound
When you quote a post with a video remove the youtube tags!!

+1 I want his hair :D

Find out where he sleeps and I'll fetch it for you (hides skinning knife)

Sorry, since this certainly is out of place in this topic but since DarkDruid talked about it:

With the goal in mind to keep the action menu clean and not overloaded: Maybe you could put the weapon customization actions (e.g. remove silencer, add scope, etc.) into a different action menu which only appears when you e.g. press a key or a stroke. Just a thought.

Sorry, since this certainly is out of place in this topic but since DarkDruid talked about it:

With the goal in mind to keep the action menu clean and not overloaded: Maybe you could put the weapon customization actions (e.g. remove silencer, add scope, etc.) into a different action menu which only appears when you e.g. press a key or a stroke. Just a thought.

Just like ACE did with googles, handsigns, satchels etc.?

-> arma2oa2011060907510914.th.jpg

Thats actually what I thought naturally of how they´d implement customization *g*

Just like ACE did with googles, handsigns, satchels etc.?

-> arma2oa2011060907510914.th.jpg

Thats actually what I thought naturally of how they´d implement customization *g*

Oh yes, something like that! :627: Separate from the normal action menu.

I really like that arma3 is being presented in the backroom :) , very impressive..

hi guys)

another small question - does ArmA 3 have hands animation for gunners or drivers?

thx

Oh yes, something like that! :627: Separate from the normal action menu.

Wouldn't it be better to just have a weapon customization screen on mission loading or at an ammo crate? Bring up a picture of the weapon, show the slots that can have attachments added and then list all the equipment. Seems much more manageable to do it at a create or in the briefing screen then trying to cram it in some menu when you are running around on the ground.

yes this hopefully isnt possible while running.

doing it via the gear menu would be the easiest way to make it properly i think.

now i wonder if BIS could post a proper video of the same demo after E3....

oh yes a proper video of the E3 demo with recorded comments or ingame sound (if its implemented already) and HD quality would be MUCH apreciated.

yes this hopefully isnt possible while running.

doing it via the gear menu would be the easiest way to make it properly i think.

Didn't you see that changing the parts of the rifle required the player to go down? :rolleyes:

Didn't you see that changing the parts of the rifle required the player to go down? :rolleyes:

no i had my eyes closed at this moment ... sure i noticed this :j:

did you noticed that this is very early WIP?

Yes, I know. ;) Well, let's see how they make it.

Only reason I began with this (offtopic) subject was the idea to keep the action menu (which is often overloaded in BI games) cleaner.

Perhaps the accessories have weight and sound properties so the less gear you carry, the lighter you'll be and you'll make less noise?

Animations are the old ones, new ones still being worked on.

I wonder what the new animation system will be like, how it will be different from the current one, what new possibilities it will open up, etc.?