Sign in to follow this  
MD500Enthusiast

Multiplayer maps

has anyone figured out how to make a custom map for multiplayer besides using the derby one in seattle? i think that map won't let people join once the race has began.

I tried making a MP mission as well, but it doesn't display on the MP server screen.

I did try exporting as a MP mission.

If i remember correctly, i think as in arma you need to PBO the mission files for it to show up on multiplayer screen.

There is no MPMissions folder inside the TkoH folder (atleast in mine), so perhaps you might need to create it?

Yep that might be it. BI forgot to create them as dummy folders a couple of times now unfortunately.

Create the folders:

.\TOH\missions

.\TOH\mpmissions

Yep that might be it. BI forgot to create them as dummy folders a couple of times now unfortunately.

Create the folders:

.\TOH\missions

.\TOH\mpmissions

Didn't work for me. Anyone else got this figured out yet?

You have to create the mpmissions folder in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Take On Helicopters Other Profiles\"your pilot-profile name" folder, then it should work.

ok so i've successfully created a multiplayer map with 8 flyable choppers and 8 player slots at larking's helo company base with player respawns. can someone explain to me how to make the helicopters respawn too? i can't seem to figure it out, i use the

respawn script

respawn = "BASE";

respawnDelay = 1;

respawnVehicleDelay = 1;

respawnDialog = 0

in the init line on my players and vehicles

for the civilian i created a marker called respawn_civilian and for vehicle i created respawn_vehicle_civilian but my choppers aren't respawning....

if you put the command in the unit init line itself, the unit can be reference be the word this:

this respawnVehicle [5,3];

You can name an unit on the top right side. The field says name.

Dont know, error with the mission itself? Did you ask the author? I have no problems with using MP missions or making simple MP missions.

ok so i've successfully created a multiplayer map with 8 flyable choppers and 8 player slots at larking's helo company base with player respawns. can someone explain to me how to make the helicopters respawn too? i can't seem to figure it out..
Dont know, error with the mission itself? Did you ask the author? I have no problems with using MP missions or making simple MP missions.

After you actually read the thread, care to let us veterans know the problem-free way to use mp missions in TakeonHelicopters pre-order Beta? Not Arma2!

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

1'st, I dont think you can use custom maps yet, this is as I understand disabled (that means all mod's) in this beta version.

So we can only creat missions using the Seattle and the oilrig map.

How:

Use the editor and create the mission and export it as multiplayer.

Now the next step requires that the user involves his own brain, so I'll just give you my personal path to where my mission files are exported, yours will most likely be slightly different.

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Take On Helicopters Other Profiles\Scarp

Inside this folder (Scarp, in my example. This is your pilot profile name if you created one), you'll find a folder called missions and inside this folder again, you'll find your "exported multiplayer" missions (if you have created one).

So in order to get it working in MP, we need to create a folder called mpmissions. This needs to be in the same folder as your missions folder, meaning you should have two folders under your 'pilot-profile name' (in my example it would be inside the Scarp folder), one called missions and the other mpmissions (which you must create).

Now you're set to "manually export" :D your newly created missions, and to do so, you simply either drag and drop the mission folders you created from "missions" to "mpmissions", or you could; cut & paste, copy & paste or whatever way suits your preferences....just make sure your mission somehow ends up inside the mpmissions folder.

And that should be it :)

Edited by scarp