Sign in to follow this  
stinger_p

Problem with mission 'Manhatten '

Hi,

I have serious problem finishing the 'Manhatten' mission.

I'm after several attempts and still, unable finish the mission.

I had bought the game one year ago but just now had some time for it.

After some issues, I downloaded and installed the most updated patch, #1.09

It solved some of the problems (such as kick out of the game, back to desktop) but some problems remain.

The thing is that in each time when solving a problem, I encounter some other one.

For example, I arrived the Nikolayev's house, it explodes and that's fine cause it consider that sub-mission completed, but later on, when arrive the church to arrest ligoshina, I found her drop dead on the floor near her red car, in front the church.

In next attempt, start the mission again, this time took ligoshina first and passed her to Sokol, the Mi-24 hind.

He also blown up the insurgents main base - and finishes another mission of the list, but than - when I got Nikolayev's house this time - there was no notification in the radio saying Razor team approaches the house, no explosion just after, nothing.

And you cannot complete that sub mission.

And there are some more, such as the fact cap. Shaftoe says you can use the UAV terminal. I searched all over FOB Manhatten and didn't found that terminal.

I'll appriciate assistance of any kind,

Thanks in advance

After some issues, I downloaded and installed the most updated patch, #1.09

It solved some of the problems (such as kick out of the game, back to desktop) but some problems remain.

1.10 patch is released already almost a month ago. Why not use that. Even better would be to get Arma2 Operation Arrowhead and install it to Arma2 folder to make it Arma 2 Combined Operations and play this mission with 1.59 patch or latest 1.59 beta.

The thing is that in each time when solving a problem, I encounter some other one.

This is normal for real life and Arma2. Get used to it if you want to play. It very realistic something goes wrong in military operations, since the other side is enemy which is not cooperating with your plans.

For example, I arrived the Nikolayev's house, it explodes and that's fine cause it consider that sub-mission completed, but later on, when arrive the church to arrest ligoshina, I found her drop dead on the floor near her red car, in front the church.

Both of these objectives are secondary and not required to complete Manhattan mission. Lagushina may be killed by Chedaki patrol sometimes passing though Kransnostav or ran over by other villagers that occasionally board vehicles and drive around or USMC vehicles that also use main road of Kransnostav. This is not really a bug, it is just a part of complex mission where things may go wrong if you do not plan well and complete objectives that are likely to be failed by unxepected factors first. If you really have trouble arresting Lagushina alive, then immediately after mission starts drive through Krasnostav to Gvosdno and you should be able to stop to force her car offroad and make her exit car before she reaches Krasnostav. I've done that once, but it will cost you the first objective "Reporting to Cpt. Shaftoe" to be cancelled because there is a timelimit in that one.

In next attempt, start the mission again, this time took ligoshina first and passed her to Sokol, the Mi-24 hind.

He also blown up the insurgents main base - and finishes another mission of the list, but than - when I got Nikolayev's house this time - there was no notification in the radio saying Razor team approaches the house, no explosion just after, nothing.

And you cannot complete that sub mission.

There is a thread about this in the main page of this sub-forum.

Objective Arrest Nikolayev

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121934

And there are some more, such as the fact cap. Shaftoe says you can use the UAV terminal. I searched all over FOB Manhatten and didn't found that terminal.

Again there is a post about this in the main page of this sub-forum.

Manhattan UAV

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121795

BTW. Mission name is Manhattan not Manhatten. This is second time I see someone here mistyping that and that makes me thing if Manhattan, New York is really written like that in some language. Anyway it is important to write mission names correctly so forum search engine will find them later on. There is edit message function in bottom right corner of your message, so you could still correct those typing errors. Click "Go Advanced" to edit message title. Also it is Lagusnina not ligoshina. :)

Edited by Hanzu

Hi Hanzu,

First of all, many thanks for your help.

As for the problems keeps coming, I didn’t mean it in aspects of battle field complexity.

What I intended is that I think there are some technical difficulties with that mission.

As for military operations in real life and the enemy plans…

I’m well aware of those :)

I’m an officer (reserve duty), captain, an AA (stinger man-pad) unit team leader.

So I actually experienced real army action, patrols, manning outposts and encounter enemy in the real life.

It’s quite good stage to compliment those who created that impressive game which simulate real army routine so precisely.

As for those non-must sub missions:

Can you estimate, how long it takes - after finishing the obligated sub missions – till you get the message that the mission is actually accomplished?

Thanks again,

I’m an officer (reserve duty), captain, an AA (stinger man-pad) unit team leader.

So I actually experienced real army action, patrols, manning outposts and encounter enemy in the real life.

In my country every man have to go through military service or civilian service. I myself served in airforce as a team leader for medics. In US terms my rank would be probably something between corporal and sergeant.

As for those non-must sub missions:

Can you estimate, how long it takes - after finishing the obligated sub missions – till you get the message that the mission is actually accomplished?

Once you have completed following objectives

Insurgent main base

Insurgent sentry posts

you should be able to end the mission just by going to Cpt. Shaftoe which will fill objective

Report to Cpt. Shaftoe

(for the second time)

I have a habit of playing nothing but Expert difficulty and doing all non-must objectives too, so with that Manhattan takes about 5 hours to complete.

In last time I finished the 2 missions you mentioned,

But didn't go back to report the captain at second time.

Just try to go and arrest nikolayev.

At that point, revert the mission.

This time, after complete those 2, I'll go back to the FOB, report and hope the mission end.

BTW, military service is duty in my country as well.

So Hanzu,

Thanks for your help !!!

Hi again,

I completed the main 2 missions -

1) Insurgent main base

2) Insurgent sentry posts

But when went back FOB Manhattan to Report Cpt. Shaftoe, he was drop dead over the floor.

I reloaded the one before last 'save', which I had just right before clean the last Insurgent sentry post.

Instead finish it, I went back Manhattan.

I approached Cpt. Shaftoe's table, he was there, alive, suddenly he made that sound, gurgle like been hit by a bullet, then felt down and die.

Some more info - maybe relevant, maybe not:

In first attemt, before those 2 main missions, I first completed the Lagusnina's and Nikolayev's missions.

In second attempt, I first went to Gorka, and later on clean the Insurgent post which is near by.

After then, went Manhattan to check Shaftoe, and again, he was already dead.

In all attempts I first went report Shaftoe, to complete the first mission.

Back then, he was stile alive.

I'm convined there is a bug in that mission.

Know anything about it?

I would revert the whole campaign but I know the patch worked, even partially, cause some other issues such as the artillery support disappearance, were fixed.

Thanks.

I'm convined there is a bug in that mission.

Know anything about it?

I would revert the whole campaign but I know the patch worked, even partially, cause some other issues such as the artillery support disappearance, were fixed.

Thanks.

Read this to learn more:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109847

And yes it is a bug that used to happen even more often before they fixed it a little, but it still happends.

Use UAV to check where enemy main base is and order Artillery strike there just by clicking the camp coordinated in the map. The more early use use artillery the less likely it is to bug. BTW. Artillery in this mission is actually shown as a ship in far east, so it would be only realistic that it would move away out of range if Razor Team is not utilizing it early enough.

Also UAV should be used early, because the longer it flies around, the more damage it will get to its hull by random enemy fire. It may also crash to hills or trees if you streer it too recklessly.

Edited by Hanzu

Hanzu,

some questions regard the UAV:

I nottice that you can control the brightness (B), zoom in and out, mark checkpoints and shoot hellfire missiles.

1) From what you wrote, I could assume you could actually control the UAV flight course. How exactly? I got the impression you could only control (using keyboard) the camera angles, and it seems that the UAV has its own set course.

2) How do you mark a target so could use the AT missiles loaded on the UAV?

(usually, in ARMA's 2 AT weapons (and in OF before) you marked the target with mouse right button, never mind if it was a portable AT luancher or one that's set over a gunship)

Thanks

Hanzu,

Hi again.

I tried use your advise,

So I completed the following objectives

Insurgent main base

Insurgent sentry posts

When went back to report Shaftoe, he was alive but nothing has happend.

I finished those 2 missions.

In addition - I found nikitin's body in the main base and searched it.

So I also accomplished the Insurgents leader mission.

Are you sure finish those missions sufficient for for accomplish the whole Manhattan mission?

Is there some mission like report Shaftoe (at second time) that should pop up?

Thanks

Are you sure finish those missions sufficient for for accomplish the whole Manhattan mission?

Is there some mission like report Shaftoe (at second time) that should pop up?

Thanks

No I'm not sure. Unfortunately I have not make good enough notes to give accurate info which ones are required, but what I'm sure is that there are many objectives that are not required to be accomplished for mission to end to success.

Try completing Search Gorga objective. It is an easy one anyway and now that I rethink it must be one of those that are required since it affects how NAPA treats you in following missions. It is also one of those that are mentioned in mission Briefing->Notes->Mission section when objective names have not been revealed yet. So it may be one of the first and/or important ones that were designed for this mission.

Report Cpt. Shaftoe objective can be completed in the start when you exit aircraft, but there is a time limit, so if you do not go there early enough that objective will be marked as cancelled. In the end same objective is available again with the exact same name. So yes it should pop up again if you completed it once in the start.

Edited by Hanzu

Hi Hanzu,

Finally finished the mission.

And the one after it, now playing the full scale combat mission.

I wanted to asked you cause assume you finished the whole campaign.

Does Harvest Red campaign includes some armored combat missions, or such evolves gunship missions, aerials attacks?

Many of Operation Flashpoint's missions were that style, and I wonder if there are some like it in ARMA2 as well?

Thanks,

Does Harvest Red campaign includes some armored combat missions, or such evolves gunship missions, aerials attacks?

Many of Operation Flashpoint's missions were that style, and I wonder if there are some like it in ARMA2 as well?

Harvest Red campaign does not include such, but Operation Arrowhead campaign has some missions like that where it is required to use gunship or main battle tanks.

Harvest Red campaign does not include such, but Operation Arrowhead campaign has some missions like that where it is required to use gunship or main battle tanks.

Harvest Red CAN include them towards the end if that is how you want to play it but it is not guaranteed.

You can always buy a Hind in 'Dogs of War' once you have enough money. I used it to great success to kill stuff, transport my team and near the end I destroyed the enemy HQ with it because the tanks I send there refused to engage it...

Any tips for that insurgent base with the tanks and bmp. I've stumbled upon it with a LAV and no AT assets.

I have managed to stalk the bmp once with the LAV, but the Arty doesn't appear take take the tank out.

Any tips for that insurgent base with the tanks and bmp. I've stumbled upon it with a LAV and no AT assets.

I have managed to stalk the bmp once with the LAV, but the Arty doesn't appear take take the tank out.

When it asks you what type of atrillery attack you want press 6, if still no hit to enemy tank then go to northwest corner of FOB Manhattan and locate UAV control control panel. Remote control UAV and use and fire UAV Hellfire missiles to the tank or APCs you find. Feel free to use UAV for reconnaissance until it is shot down, if still no hit, then go directly behind Cpt. Shaftoe and locate the armory covered with camouflage net and enclosed in sandbag walls. Go in from the eastern side near the UAV terminal. Take Javelin and SMAW and keep them with you in your back and go behind the nearby APCs located under camouflage net south of Cpt. Shaftoe. Transport equipment from the crates to APCs gear storages, located in rear and sides of APCs, until they are both full.

You can also borrow one CDF BMP-2 if you consider it better when fighting, at least it is faster. CDF BMP-2 is in GPS COORDS 116055.

When it asks you what type of atrillery attack you want press 6, if still no hit to enemy tank then go to northwest corner of FOB Manhattan and locate UAV control control panel. Remote control UAV and use and fire UAV Hellfire missiles to the tank or APCs you find. Feel free to use UAV for reconnaissance until it is shot down, if still no hit, then go directly behind Cpt. Shaftoe and locate the armory covered with camouflage net and enclosed in sandbag walls. Go in from the eastern side near the UAV terminal. Take Javelin and SMAW and keep them with you in your back and go behind the nearby APCs located under camouflage net south of Cpt. Shaftoe. Transport equipment from the crates to APCs gear storages, located in rear and sides of APCs, until they are both full.

You can also borrow one CDF BMP-2 if you consider it better when fighting, at least it is faster. CDF BMP-2 is in GPS COORDS 116055.

Wow, great tips, thanks Hanzu.

But I managed to stalk the bmp with the LAV again, and sniped a few guys. Called in the anti armour barrage which missed again. (I think they may have homed in on the nearby trucks.)

Then I stalke the tank with the LAV- well chuffed that taking that out with the LAV gun. Came at it from the east. He spotted me turned to shoot but I unloaded about 40 hit on him- a very good moment for me :D