Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Hi Myke !

I read the manual for the GPS/INS system but I still don't understand how to make it fire properly ! I clicked a point on the map, I went over that point and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong ?

Hi Myke !

I read the manual for the GPS/INS system but I still don't understand how to make it fire properly ! I clicked a point on the map, I went over that point and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong ?

You gotta mark it set it and then close the console

i think you should fire it manually when the circle appear inside the acquisition's target square.

No you drop it yourself.... There is a manual included tbh, Why not just read that ¬_¬

@Ikaruga

after setting the GPS/INS coordinate the weapons works the same way as any other weapon: lock target (target should be named "GPS/INS", green square appears) and when the green circle appears, fire the weapon.

As already said once, technically it is a laser guided weapon. Just with special configs and scripting it "fakes" a GPS/INS system. That said, the weapons are still able to lock on laser targets like a normal GBU-12, as example.

- Click on the map

- Click Mark

- Exit

- Lock onto the new GPS/INS target, TAB usually

- Fire.

Gnat;1851419']- Click on the map

- Click Mark

- Exit

- Lock onto the new GPS/INS target' date=' TAB usually

- Fire.[/quote']

Map -> Mark -> Exit -> Lock -> Fire

Is this the contest about the shortest possible user manual? :D

Myke;1851421']Map -> Mark -> Exit -> Lock -> Fire

Is this the contest about the shortest possible user manual? :D

Then I win!

M.M.E.L.F

- Click on the map

- Click Mark

- Exit

- Lock onto the new GPS/INS target, TAB usually

- Fire

Thanks a lot !

That makes things much clearer ! :D

;1851463']mmelf

Phi... Losers... :D

Ok' date=' you won...you have the [s']smallest[/s] shortest of us all.... :D

*ducks & runs*

Direct Mode (DIR MOD) = direct impact on target position on ground level

Dispenser Mode (DISP MOD) = bomb heads to a point XX meters above the ground and releases submunition (cluster bombs)

With (+) and (-) you can adjust release height. The higher you go, the wider it spreads.

Thanks Myke

I have tried the new Missile box with the compatibility with GNATs countermeasure system and it works flawlessly.

I have just tried putting two of GNATs Oliver Hazard Perrys against two Tu-22 armed with antiships and the decoys launch and in the end one tupolev was destroyed, on frigate was destroyed and the other plane escaped damaged.

Works very very good

Thanks indeed

I vote to make this mod a community standard. If everyone follows this standard we can ensure that there is compatibility between different addons made by different people.

Anyway

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry for the caps)

Hey Myke Excellent work!

It takes a lot to put togeather a project like this let alone the other things you have in the pipeline. Great job m8!

A quick question is the GPS/INS compatable with mando? I can't seem to get the AGM154 to lock, yet it works fine with out mando running.

Hey Myke Excellent work!

It takes a lot to put togeather a project like this let alone the other things you have in the pipeline. Great job m8!

A quick question is the GPS/INS compatable with mando? I can't seem to get the AGM154 to lock, yet it works fine with out mando running.

I'm not familiar with MMA so i can't say. Sorry.

:EDITH:

I vote to make this mod a community standard. If everyone follows this standard we can ensure that there is compatibility between different addons made by different people.

Including the GPS/INS functionality into any weapon or plane addon is pretty easy, all it takes a re a few config entries.

in the cfgWeapons:

GLT_isGPSguided = true;
GLT_bomblets = 145;
GLT_bombletType = "Sh_105_HE";

GLT_isGPSguided enables the weapon to lock on GPS/NS targets

GLT_bomblets defines if the weapon is a cluster type of weapon. Any value bigger than 0 enables this (and therefor DISP MOD should be selected). The number defines how many bomblets will be created.

GLT_bombletType defines the bomblets itself which will be created. Classname is from cfgAmmo.

To include the GPS/INS system into an addon, all it takes is a userAction entry which calls

createDialog "glt_airgpsmfd"

Also the plane needs to have a laserscanner which is a default BIS configvalue.

This is all it takes.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

hm, maybe a very silly and noob question, but where exactly should the F16's show up in the editor? I thought under USAF...

I should have version 1.2 and CBA and GLT misslie box 3.2 etc. Running ACE though and other stuff.

*GLT missile box works just strange they don't show up in the editor.

Edited by DaSquade

hm, maybe a very silly and noob question, but where exactly should the F16's show up in the editor? I thought under USAF...

I should have version 1.2 and CBA and GLT misslie box 3.2 etc. Running ACE though and other stuff.

*GLT missile box works just strange they don't show up in the editor.

Aye, the F-16 should be under BLUFOR > U.S. Air Force

And the Missilebox isn't supposed to show up in the editor..what do you want to do with it? Walk to it and shoulder a AGM-65? :D

The Missilebox is just the outsourced weapons of the F-15 (and soon the F-22 and also other planes in the pipeline to make them use the Missilebox).

Myke;1853879']

Also working on a little surprise....

what's that?

:p

Edited by Isola

Ahh, the small diameter bomb thingys?!

EDIT: Yep, these. Sweet!

300px-SDB3.jpg