Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

COOP Locally Hosted Warfare/CTI [Comp Stomp]

I'm looking for a good coop (friends vs AI) warfare or CTI mission. I host locally on my computer without a dedicated server. Need a good warfare/CTI mission where the AI is competent and use things at their disposal. The standard BIS Warfare is definitely designed for PvP and it shows.

I tried Benny Edition a few months ago and the AI was pretty bugged. They didn't buy any vehicles or weapons. A few even kept spawning in a corner of the map. I'm certain it requires a dedicated server.

With a Quadcore CPU you surely can start a dedicated server on your local machine, i'm doing this all the time. As a sideeffect you get by far better (local) client performance compared to hosted. You should try it, it's really worth.

Cheek out Angry insects/PromanCTI missions. They say they need a dedicated server, but I have played them fine hosting as client.

Myke;2118794']With a Quadcore CPU you surely can start a dedicated server on your local machine' date=' i'm doing this all the time. As a sideeffect you get by far better (local) client performance compared to hosted. You should try it, it's really worth.[/quote']

Is it a fairly easy thing to set up? I've got a Phenom II running at 3.4 GHz - should be fine. If I can get better performance that'd be great. I play with a few mods and the beta patch, don't know if that'd change anything.

Cheek out Angry insects/PromanCTI missions. They say they need a dedicated server, but I have played them fine hosting as client.

Thank you for the suggestion. I can't find the lite version mentioned in the readme free from the required mods.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I recommend Tophe's A2 Dedicated Server Tool. There, setting up a local server is a matter of a few checkboxes and a few seconds. It supports beta patches aswell as Mods which can be selected by simply clicking a checkbox.

Also i do run on a Phenom II 3.4GHz and on Takistan i easily have 50+ FPS, mostly hitting 80-90FPS.

You should just know server commands like #login and #missions. If you don't have set any mission rotation (guessing you would like to select from all avaliable missions), when you connect you will just see a black screen. Log in as admin and issue the #missions command and you're good to go.

Thank you very much for the information Myke! This helps tremendously. I'll report back with my findings once I've played with it for a while.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Thank you very much for the information Myke! This helps tremendously. Using this tool how do I create a server in CO instead of OA?

By selecting the correct .exe file? C'mon, how about downloading it and just try? ;)

The path might differ but this starts a CO server on my PC:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe

This goes in the "Server file" field. I recommend to use the "Browse" button to find the correct file. OFC if you're not using beta patches, remove the "Expansion\beta" part.

Ha you got me. I edited my post right as you posted. Yeah I got it by using the base ArmA 2 directory.

So far so good, haven't noticed any performance decrease at least. Great now I can try out Benny Edition again and hopefully it'll work. Thank you again Myke! :yay:

Keep an eye on your CPU temps as now your CPU will run most of the time at full load. ;)