What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Is it possible that you could create different sound effects for different environments like harcp??? Because I don't know if you read, but the sounds of shooting outside on top of a hill are used inside of buildings and other places it wouldn't seem natural.

The following files are in two of your folders with different version dates:

jsrs_pkt.pbo

jsrs_pkt.pbo.jsrs.bisign

I kept the one with the later date (Aug 15). Hope that was right.

I imagine that one was in the JSRS-W folder and one was in the JSRS-VW folder? In that case, you're meant to keep both of them, as one is for the handheld version and one is for the vehicle mounted version. Just a theory.

I know, its not much for the long time. But i have not many time to work

on the mod. So sry if you now a bit angry!^^

Dude! No need to be so modest. That's an amazing amount of work.

Thanks so much :thumbsup:

The following files are in two of your folders with different version dates:

jsrs_pkt.pbo

jsrs_pkt.pbo.jsrs.bisign

I kept the one with the later date (Aug 15). Hope that was right.

ummmmmm I think both those are 2 completly diffent files. one is pbo and the other is a config. But if the machine asked which one to keep then in my opinion yeh the newer one most likely is correct.

JARHEADDDD!!!!!!! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty !!!!! lol I promise next time I want hold the gun to your head!!!! :dancehead: :681:

I'll give her a go once I get some sleep under my belt. :D

ummmmmm I think both those are 2 completly diffent files. one is pbo and the other is a config. But if the machine asked which one to keep then in my opinion yeh the newer one most likely is correct.

I refer you back to my previous post.

I imagine that one was in the JSRS-W folder and one was in the JSRS-VW folder? In that case, you're meant to keep both of them, as one is for the handheld version and one is for the vehicle mounted version. Just a theory.

He says they are in 2 different folders, which the config and pbo aren't. :)

Is it compatible with ACE ?

Do we need M16/M249 update with the new Beta ?

Edited by Jonn

PKT is a coaxial MG. PK or PKM are the handhelds, afaik (jsrs_pk.pbo, I would assume). I don't see any reason to have 4 different mod folders, so I put them all in one @JSRS folder. Those two were the only duplicated files.

This is really brilliant work, but the near misses from supersonic bullets still sound distant and wooden. I would use the near sound for distant misses and replace the current near sound with something with a louder crack/snap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN2Qk2Tbzo8&p=4CEE55A7BD47F3F0&playnext=1&index=3

Bing West explains all. ;)

Very good Job on that update. For my Opinion the weapon Sounds a little bit to silent but its ok^^

Just made a quick Video to show your awesome mod.

EaMQHsE_37w

After giving the update a quick test i got to say the sounds are great! I love the AK-74 sound too which is good since that's the weapon i use most in my missions :)

I did notice that the US.ARMY grenadier has no reload sound for his HE... just letting you know in case its not been reported.

Again top job really good work.

Is there a mod or at least a way to have that radio combat such as what is in berliner's video?

This used to be in an old ACE patch long time ago and chammy was also trying to put it in his sound mod, any chance of this or am I missing an addon that has this? thanks for the great sound mod Jarhead, really do appreciate the time and effort.

Thanks for fixing the littlebird and minigun sounds mate! Great stuff :D

I've the G36 shooting sound is quite same as the SCAR-L or H's sounds in GRAW(Ghost Recon 3:Advanced warrior). I hope you could use these sound for MK16&MK17 in OA.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Im having problem installing your sound mod. I put pbos in my arma 2 addons folder but it wont work. I still have vanilia sounds. I even tried running like a mod with -mod command, wont work either. What am I doing wrong?

Im having problem installing your sound mod. I put pbos in my arma 2 addons folder but it wont work. I still have vanilia sounds. I even tried running like a mod with -mod command, wont work either. What am I doing wrong?

You're better off using the modfolder method: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

Don't ever put mods in your arma 2 addons folder ;)

Hi Guys. I really enjoy your addon.

But i got problems with 2 files having the same name in v0.7. It´s the jsrs_pkt.pbo (one in JSRS-VW and in JSRS-W). Only the one which is loaded first is working ingame. Otherwise it is not possible to put all files in one @JSRS folder without overwriting one of them. This is the first time i got the problem that 2 files are named the same. Would be great if you could rename one of them.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Well it says in readme: Installation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just extract the .pbo`s from the @JSRS"-V, -E, -VW, -W" folders in your

Main x/Arma2/AddOns folder. Delete all other versions of this mod before you install this!!

It says on the first page that this hasnt been tested on standalone OA, has any of you users tried it with standalone? if you have, can you please tell me and the others if it works with the standalone OA or not. :)

It works in OA standalone but I get an error saying bizon.cfg is missing.