Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

;2127629']Not to mention foregrips offer no reduced recoil/increased accuracy now. I was just starting to love the MG36. :(

Really?! I guess that explains why my G36 carbine now fly's all over the place even on short controlled bursts. So what exactly is that attachment for now, aesthetics?

i wouldnt bother listening to the BF forums, all it is is guys complaining and saying the devs should go kill themselves but not saying what exactly is wrong

as for the new patch, i havnt found a great deal different that i dont like. i like the fact scout helis can now down another heli with guided missiles/laser combo. only thing that buggers me is the reduced damage of jet cannons against other jets, alot of people bailing now i cant kill in one burst from 100% and heatseekers are near useless against jets with flares

And finally, I certainly do not have a 'sense of entitlement'. I strongly believe in supporting developers who produce quality games and behave in an ethical manner.

You illustrate exactly the sense of entitlement he's referring to by invoking ethics as a rationale as to why you should get more for less.

Do you get your panties in a bunch about the 'ethics' of your preferred brand of washing powder removing the 4kg 'value pack' from the market in favour of the 1.5kg 'handy pack'? Let's hope not. So why are game publishers and developers not equally free to package, parcel and price their wholly owned products however they see fit?

Was New Line Cinema ripping people off by charging three times to see the whole of The Lord of the Rings even though they were all shot at the same time? By your logic they most definitely were and according to that world view the trilogy would never have been made. Similarly I doubt DICE would have bothered developing Back to Karkand at all if they were constrained from marketing it as a separate product.

If you don't think one or other part represents good value feel free not to purchase either, it's your choice and the content on offer was clearly stated but please spare us this talk of ethics.

You illustrate exactly the sense of entitlement he's referring to by invoking ethics as a rationale as to why you should get more for less.

Do you get your panties in a bunch about the 'ethics' of your preferred brand of washing powder removing the 4kg 'value pack' from the market in favour of the 1.5kg 'handy pack'? Let's hope not. So why are game publishers and developers not equally free to package, parcel and price their wholly owned products however they see fit?

Was New Line Cinema ripping people off by charging three times to see the whole of The Lord of the Rings even though they were all shot at the same time? By your logic they most definitely were and according to that world view the trilogy would never have been made. Similarly I doubt DICE would have bothered developing Back to Karkand at all if they were constrained from marketing it as a separate product.

If you don't think one or other part represents good value feel free not to purchase either, it's your choice and the content on offer was clearly stated but please spare us this talk of ethics.

Good response.

Although, I'm not invoking anything, I would simply prefer the older system when we had an initial release and then a few paid 'original content' expansions down the line - just nostalgia I guess :D

Some of the DLC is great, it's just that alot of it is repackaged and I don't agree with that through any medium, it is certainly not restricted to gaming.

As I've said, I'm not against anyone making money, quite the contrary, but I would prefer that content after the fact was 'original content' as opposed to a repackaged version of the game I already paid for.

I will also offer a retraction concerning PGA Tour 13 as you can apparently open all the bonus courses through 'achievements' as opposed to cash.

Edited by BangTail

Meh I take it back the game is growing on me. Still harder than shit to play on my 20inch SDTV when in reality its actually like 16 inches playable screen space.

The huge update is finally coming to 360 today sometime that will fix TDM spawn issues and OP ass USAS 12.

Now I feel like buying it for PC also its only 33 dollars on Amazon right now, are you guys still active on it?

If so I definitely will pick it up for PC and play in your group. :)

Are there any major issues still with Origin as of now? I don't want to pick it up for PC and not be able to play it due to errors.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Meh I take it back the game is growing on me. Still harder than shit to play on my 20inch SDTV when in reality its actually like 16 inches playable screen space.

The huge update is finally coming to 360 today sometime that will fix TDM spawn issues and OP ass USAS 12.

Now I feel like buying it for PC also its only 33 dollars on Amazon right now, are you guys still active on it?

If so I definitely will pick it up for PC and play in your group. :)

Are there any major issues still with Origin as of now? I don't want to pick it up for PC and not be able to play it due to errors.

AFAIK, the group hasn't any organised matches, it's just a shrine for arma players so to speak, but I'm sure something could be arranged. I'm active and though some people feel the player base has dwindled, since I started playing properly (Jan) almost every server I come across is full or with a few slots left. So the people are still there.

I unlocked the USAS12 two days ago, I wont use it until I feel I come under the minority of players with the skill the USAS requires (User Sucks At Shooting).

____

Was New Line Cinema ripping people off by charging three times to see the whole of The Lord of the Rings even though they were all shot at the same time? By your logic they most definitely were and according to that world view the trilogy would never have been made.

OT:

Peter Jackson hardly followed the trilogy anyway, most of everything written in the novels was substituted for something else. And no since it's three novels it's three films. Using logic that all the films were filmed in the same 2-3 years so they should release at the same time is dumb. Alas... I see what you did there...

the usas was only over powered with frag rounds due to a bug with that combo

other then that it was no different to when it was in the BC series, and no one complained then lol

other then that it was no different to when it was in the BC series, and no one complained then lol

It was bad or never used in BC series, the SAIGA 12K was used alot and complained about a lot, well in BC2 for sure. As well as the 870MCS Sniper.

Guys, the 870 is boss and the only shotgun I ever found useful. Thing's a damn killing machine :p

;2128660']It was bad or never used in BC series' date=' the SAIGA 12K was used alot and complained about a lot, well in BC2 for sure. As well as the 870MCS Sniper.[/quote']

gotta disagree with you there, it was a good gun and i saw it at least once a round when things moved into urban areas

yea the 870 sniper was a beast :D

OT:

Peter Jackson hardly followed the trilogy anyway' date=' most of everything written in the novels was substituted for something else. And no since it's three novels it's three films. Using logic that all the films were filmed in the same 2-3 years so they should release at the same time is dumb. Alas... I see what you did there...[/quote']

I was going to point that out as a matter of fact, the time at which they were filmed is completely irrelevant as they were intended to be a trilogy (per the books).

Back on topic :p

They aren't stupid, they know people will buy them, and I'm sure the time=money arguement will come up, talking about how people with jobs (like the rest of us who play a game for a short time per day don't) don't have the time to play so this gives them the chance to enjoy the game.

Well, if you don't have time to playthe fuckig game, then why buy it in the first poalce. And, you don't need unlocks to enjoy te game, either you're a noob or you're not. ....

LOL if you have enough money to waste your money on unlocks and not enough time to unlock the unlocks then I'd say there's something serisouly wrong with your life and aspects.

I was going to point that out as a matter of fact, the time at which they were filmed is completely irrelevant as they were intended to be a trilogy (per the books).

Actually, J.R.R. Tolkien intended that The Lord of the Rings be a single novel. It was the publisher who later decided that it would make more economic sense to market it as a trilogy. Even if this weren't the case, though, the analogy and the point it brings forward are still perfectly valid: The amount of content in any creative work, be it a film, a book or a video game, is essentially arbitrary and not in any way attached to the way in which it is marketed. Rather than look at day-one DLC as content that ought to be free, think of it as bonus content that wouldn't exist at all if it couldn't be sold for extra. If the content didn't exist at all, would the game honestly feel incomplete? If the answer is no, then I don't see how any legitimate complaint can be made about the DLC. Simply being made at the same time as the core game does not imply that it should necessarily be part of the core game, just as the the filming of The Two Towers at the same time as The Fellowship of the Ring does not imply that they should have been released together.

LOL if you have enough money to waste your money on unlocks and not enough time to unlock the unlocks then I'd say there's something serisouly wrong with your life and aspects.

You must be a professional life analizer.

Actually, J.R.R. Tolkien intended that The Lord of the Rings be a single novel. It was the publisher who later decided that it would make more economic sense to market it as a trilogy. Even if this weren't the case, though, the analogy and the point it brings forward are still perfectly valid: The amount of content in any creative work, be it a film, a book or a video game, is essentially arbitrary and not in any way attached to the way in which it is marketed. Rather than look at day-one DLC as content that ought to be free, think of it as bonus content that wouldn't exist at all if it couldn't be sold for extra. If the content didn't exist at all, would the game honestly feel incomplete? If the answer is no, then I don't see how any legitimate complaint can be made about the DLC. Simply being made at the same time as the core game does not imply that it should necessarily be part of the core game, just as the the filming of The Two Towers at the same time as The Fellowship of the Ring does not imply that they should have been released together.

You are wrong. You have to think of it this way:

They made the second movie but totally left out the adventures of Merry and Pippin where they whack Saruman. They charge you extra cash if you want to see them. Does the story feel incomplete if you don´t know about this episode? No. The same appuiles to DLCs that add content midgame. I´m fine with addons and stuff that continues the story and can be seen as sequels. But midstory DLCs ALWAYS make your experience incomplete if you don´t buy them.

Just drop it and let's stop derailing the thread at this point.

I said the movies were a trilogy because the books were a trilogy. What they (the books) were intented to be is again, irrelevant. What they are is a trilogy.

They were filmed as 3 movies to be released as 3 separate movies. Your parallels are ill conceived, 3 games made at the same time and sold as 3 separate games are equally legitimate.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now and throughout, your argument has not been compelling.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Edited by BangTail

You must be a professional life analizer.

No. I just know that your life must be pretty bland /or your style of gameplay must be pretty fucking bland if you needed to pay to unlock the weapons. What BF3 needs is less scrubs.... One reason why this game is sometimes a piece of shit.. Because of all the casuals who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing.

Unlocking the weapons doesn't make you enjoy the game more, like I said, if you're a noob, you're a noob - you'll never be good at the game no matter how hard you try (maybe you're an old cunt or just a complete imbecile, though same thing when applied to games). They're a reward and gaining the "experience" to earn them as rewards is a reward and also a learning experience... Which is what 75% of players need before joining and working with ~24-32 other players when played.

LOL. Honestly, to care so much to pay for the unlocks and not care enough to play the game a little bit more makes no sense... Just makes you even more of a loser.

Edited by Dead3yez

Meh, I couldn't care less for shortcutters. On the cons side, they're running around with USAS-12s shooting at everything that moves. On the bright side, free progress towards my Melee Medal :cool:

Meh, I couldn't care less for shortcutters. On the cons side, they're running around with USAS-12s shooting at everything that moves. On the bright side, free progress towards my Melee Medal :cool:

got mine the other day :D recommend doing TDM

as for the shortcuts, i couldnt care either, it doesnt make you a good player if you have the unlocks

got mine the other day :D recommend doing TDM

as for the shortcuts, i couldnt care either, it doesnt make you a good player if you have the unlocks

TDM on Noshahr Canals, upper containers. At least one ribbon most of the time :p

canals and kharg island :D

love all the complaints against the recoil on the various forums..youd swear they never shot a gun before :rolleyes:

canals and kharg island :D

love all the complaints against the recoil on the various forums..youd swear they never shot a gun before :rolleyes:

You can bget that most of them didn´t because, you know, its hard to get a gun when you are under 18

You can bget that most of them didn´t because, you know, its hard to get a gun when you are under 18

let alone a 7.62 GPMG on full auto while standing and walking

o...k i didnt do the walking bit and was burst firing :p

let alone a 7.62 GPMG on full auto while standing and walking

o...k i didnt do the walking bit and was burst firing :p

Not like they understand the concept of burst fire anyways.

And, you don't need unlocks to enjoy te game, either you're a noob or you're not. ....

Everyone starts the game as a noob.

You, me, everyone.

As a noob you will be dying a lot.

People will consistently kill you, even when you thought you had the drop on them.

So when I have a guy bang in my sights at optimum range, he's not even looking at me, but I can't kill him before he kills me...

It's obviously not a very rewarding experience.

After I die I get to see this bloke and he has a load of guns that I can't have and I'm thinking.. hmmm..

Now intellectually, one has to think, this game is well balanced, the reason I am dying and my enemies are not is clearly becuase I am doing something wrong.

But emotionally, my response is more likely to be "I can't compete with these guys because they have better guns than me".

And then you read the comms chatter about cheats on the server.. and so on and your willingness to be canonfodder for someone elses fun is much reduced.

Truthfully, unlocks suck on a competative multiplayer game.

Even if they were perfectly balanced, and if they were, then there would be as many people not using them as there are using them...

Even if they were perfectly balanced, they create the feeling of an unfair playing field.

Edited by Baff1