Is there any SHIP addons for Resistance ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 3 way battle and it would be so balanced if i could find a frigate

for Resistance or something like that.

Im using Frigate Pack beta 5 by Gnat so that covers east and west

and makes BattleZone even more wicked to play on the island maps.

I believe we need COIN dedicated aicrafts in Arma2 to be flown on maps such as Isla Duala, Tropica, Lingor or Tigeria ... "engaging hostile troops at low altitude, low speed in a jungle and mountainous area" is something I am missing !

That's why I had asked CheyenneAH56 to port his Bronco to Tigeria air forces.

But I will be quite glad to have more of them, such as the EMB-314 Super Tucano, the IA-58 Pucara, the A-67 Dragon and PC-9 Pilatus/ T-6 Texan ... or even an old Cessna A-37 Dragonfly.

Second on that, moar "low-and-slow" type of airplanes, they would better fit in the current game capabilities than the ultrasonic F-29 Retaliators :)

Id like to see The Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV) (formerly known as the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle) in ArmA2 OA, even if this program got cancelled due to funding it will be nice to have it.

Edited by matosinec

Second on that, moar "low-and-slow" type of airplanes, they would better fit in the current game capabilities than the ultrasonic F-29 Retaliators :)

True. I've been waiting for this type of planes for a long time.

Is there any "vehiclemagazine" available that looks like a heli-mounted BGM-71 TOW?

A bit like GLT's airweapons pack with the FFAR pod dummy magazine, except it looks like a TOW quad-stack, since adding BIS TOW magazines has no actual physical presence.

Pic of what i had in mind:

http://www.scale-rotors.com/files/gallery/ah-1-cobra-nts-academy-07.jpg

Is there any "vehiclemagazine" available that looks like a heli-mounted BGM-71 TOW?

A bit like GLT's airweapons pack with the FFAR pod dummy magazine, except it looks like a TOW quad-stack, since adding BIS TOW magazines has no actual physical presence.

Pic of what i had in mind:

http://www.scale-rotors.com/files/gallery/ah-1-cobra-nts-academy-07.jpg

Will see what i can do. ;)

Hi,

I am looking for islands/maps with very good perfomance (maybe even better than UTES)?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

p.s Is it possible to play the original OFP or VBS1/2 maps in Arma 2? They must have a good performance nowadays :)

Or some circa late-2004 U.S. Army soldier units?[/url]

They'd go great with the Fallujah map; recreating Operation Al-Fajr, also known as the Second Battle of Fallujah.

too lazy to find them now but im pretty sure binkowski made some, look on armaholic.

too lazy to find them now but im pretty sure binkowski made some, look on armaholic.

He did? :eek:

EDIT: Checked, couldn't find any 2004 blokes. :(

Edited by Laqueesha

he made army, 2005, not 04 marines or what have you.

he made army' date=' 2005, not 04 marines or what have you.[/quote']

This. ^

It was regular U.S. Army soldiers from circa late Q4 2005 (November 2005 - December 2005), IIRC.

Anyone interested in making a Warhammer 40k Mod? I have some great Ideas! Really want to get a team together!

It's all good to say you've got great ideas to use some external source of inspiration to make a mod, but you're fighting an up hill battle. Here's what you're up against:

The reality of it is that you're basically saying, "I've got really good ideas about how to spend the free time of talented people for the next x years". Let's face it, the inspiration you have for making a Warhammer 40k mod for ArmA could be picked up by anyone. It's not like Warhammer designs are hard to come by. So, if an artist or other person really had the urge to create addons based on the Warhammer universe, they could have done so already.

If you have a project you want to do, you need to just start doing it and hope that other people are inspired by your effort and agree to join with you. You can start by creating well thought out design document, or some media based on your expertise. To do a document, I would recommend figuring out what the limitations of the engine are, and what exactly you need it to do. You can't really expect to assemble a team of scripters, mission designers, modellers, config people, and maybe some expert in development tools and say to them 'now make it do this' where this is something ridiculous like animating Titan class vehicles. Anyone can make ridiculous demands, and no one wants to listen to it.

Small, one man projects will get completed much more quickly and much more efficiently than extremely complex, multi-person projects. Once you start adding people, you start adding new demands like coordination, communication, and all that... and you even add certain complications that are unavoidable in group situations like politics and personality conflicts. It's probably best to keep your idea as small as possible.

And finally, 'super cool' project ideas are the flatus of the internet. They are by and large unavoidable, everyone has them, and they dissipate into the atmosphere almost instantaneously. Even really well thought out, years old projects with massive amounts of data and assets go up in smoke out here. You have a LOT of convincing to do if you want a bunch of people to take time away from their families / other projects / etc to make a total conversion mod.

So my advice to you is to figure out what you're good at and start doing that, and then show it off and hopefully people will be taken by what you have and wish to join you. Keep your goals realistic and simple, and recognize that you will likely be doing most of the work.

Woah mate...why not just let this one go and get ignored like many of the other thousands of requests in here? ;)

Abs

Woah mate...why not just let this one go and get ignored like many of the other thousands of requests in here? ;)

Abs

I am with Max on this one, and i am certain he replied to a vast majority of ppl thinking along the same lines, not just the quoted lad..

You want someone to help you out, you'll need a lot more than a sentence to make it stick...

Anyhow, this is getting a bit OT..

Is there a ghetto car for CO availible? specificly a 70' cutlass on 24 inch rims with big subwoofers and speakers in the back? i tried making one myself,but i had to give up due to a computer crash and lack of modelling skill. also, would it be possible to make the subs animated, like kick?

My intent was to discuss large project ideas in general and not to beat the crap out of MadMuzza. Suggestions like MadMuzza's are very common and almost never result in even coming close to starting a mod. I believe this is because most people who are not involved in mod development have somewhat of a rosie idea of what it's like, and how valuable an initial idea is. An initial idea makes up about maybe 0.001% of the effort required to make a project successful, and maybe 0.1% of a design proposal.

You can't just walk into the bridge of an aircraft carrier with your designer sunglasses and plaid deck shoes on and say, "I feel super pumped about today. Follow me. I'm the captain!" They wouldn't let you in, even if you were an admiral and you actually were assigned to be the bridge commander. You need to be credible, especially for this community, where the people in it are very skilled and have already been involved in quite a few 'super cool' projects already. People suggest mod ideas because they are very inspired by something they think is amazing... but I think the primary requisite to start up a large project is not personal inspiration, but the ability to inspire.

Edited by Max Power

Is there a ghetto car for CO availible? specificly a 70' cutlass on 24 inch rims with big subwoofers and speakers in the back? i tried making one myself,but i had to give up due to a computer crash and lack of modelling skill. also, would it be possible to make the subs animated, like kick?

That would be awesome, but it's a bit out of place without a proper North American map.

Anyone here have any experience in creating Russian replacement packs? I am entirely new with this and so far I have basically butchered each attempt. I was able to get it working about 80% the first time but kept running into issues. Operator and Assaultman have not worked during the entire ordeal.

Made a pastebin of the config that I used, it's awful and truthfully I have no idea how to properly do them.

Edited by Sif

well, imagine, a ghetto chernogorsk! pickin up the women(black, brown, green, red, etc, we know what they are, lol) cruzin down the streets! it would be sick!

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

maybe a ghetto souped up Skoda? or the SUV from OA would be sick too! bigger rims, all tricked out...