Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Real life pictures that could be ArmA

Judging by our posts, I have a feeling myself Celery & Sudayev all live within the same wilderness we just haven't come across each other yet.....

Judging by our posts, I have a feeling myself Celery & Sudayev all live within the same wilderness we just haven't come across each other yet.....

Looks the same around here aswell.

Looks like the machines that designed the world just kept re-using the same models and textures. They probably had to save RAM. :D

Looks the same around here aswell.

Looks like the machines that designed the world just kept re-using the same models and textures. They probably had to save RAM. :D

Haha:D I wish this house was mine, living in the city sucks:P This one is located in the middle of a forest glade. Where: Southwestern Poland.

I plant to visit Czech Republic maybe in march, so you can expect some real Arma, Operation Flashpoint photos. Basically what you see in the game is exactly the same what you can see in the Czech countryside :D

I plant to visit Czech Republic maybe in march, so you can expect some real Arma, Operation Flashpoint photos. Basically what you see in the game is exactly the same what you can see in the Czech countryside :D

Wait... I thought OpFlash was based on Krk.

I'm about to do a trekking tour there in August starting at the german border in Rosenthal, Cermna, Lipova, Mirkov, Masovice and the hill south of Masovice.

Wait... I thought OpFlash was based on Krk.

Only land shape was based on Krk. Ither objects are pre Czech sights. Roadsigns, homes, bus stops, churches etc..

9843feb5dbb2b0d949249f157caf264d.jpg

Wilderness, Czech Rep. (note bus stop sign lol)

Nice, right through Chernarus :)

krk would be worth a trip too. Everon has always been my favorite terrain.

The RL Krk is not only bigger than Everon, but also has different vegetation. you wouldn´t recognize much from OFP.

I'm about to do a trekking tour there in August starting at the german border in Rosenthal, Cermna, Lipova, Mirkov, Masovice and the hill south of Masovice.

Sounds good, I have never been to these parts of Czech.

I'll start my trip in Zlate Hory (Golden Mountains in English, because they were mining gold in the mountain streams there), then I will head to Karlova Studanka (very small spa village, lovely place with mineral springs) I plan to end my trip on Mount Praded, the place is gorgeous in winter

Beagle I advise you to check out this location - Teplicke Skaly. A place one of a kind with magnificent rock formations.

I just typed Masovice. Check this out people. Model chernorusian village in the middle of nowhere :) redirect

Edited by Sudayev

I just typed Masovice. Check this out people. Model chernorusian village in the middle of nowhere :) redirect
Yes, The name of this settlement in ArmA II Chernarus is Pusta.

Basically al of the above mentioned towns are 1:1 representations of what you see on google maps...now im courious if it looks that way still in 2012.

And you know what Pusta means in Czech? It's derived from "deserted" or "empty" :) I guess Masovice's inhabitants wouldn't be too happy bout the renaming :) Beagle, if you going to go to these parts, do not miss the landscape near Lovosice - mountains (well, hills :)) around Milesovka - all remnants of old vulcanos and very scenic.

And you know what Pusta means in Czech? It's derived from "deserted" or "empty" :) I guess Masovice's inhabitants wouldn't be too happy bout the renaming :)

It kinda made sense, since

the townsfolk of Pusta got massacred by ChDKZ forces.

Just so you know :p

Perhaps we could keep this on topic? It's primarily a pictures thread.

Perhaps we could keep this on topic? It's primarily a pictures thread.

OK, sorry :)

Here is a picture of Pandur 8x8 near exploding IED (it's a training). Looks like they are using some visual FX mod ;)

Edited by fraczek
(pic over 100kb, linked)

1ec731741d143d11dc6bd983aea670d2.jpg

Somewhere in Czech. Typical country road. Ideal place for an ambush :D

Hmmm, this looks pretty familiar, nice find Prof!

Hmmm, this looks pretty familiar, nice find Prof!

The picture was taken by UnuldorCZ, not far from BIS location, during the epic hunt for informations about ArmA3 project :). It took me a while before i managed to find this picture again.

Nice find Prof. That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of!

Year 2029

Arma VII v1.01

"AI convoy clusterfuck"

JH-6.divisjon0037.jpg

Edited by Blu3sman
Aaah! Can't do shit with opera mini

Hehehe. Great pic. Way too large, but exactly the spirit of the thread.