Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

I think it's an arma limitation when comes to targeting. I shot 6 antitanks missiles on the ship hoping to bring down the ship by destroying the "guns", maybe only managed to get 1 while my wingmen took out the rest. So best to use your AI friend.. (a bit sad it wasn't me that did the hard work :) )

But I do agree if it's script-able (no idea how) to allow player to target those gun points ourselves will be much more satisfying experience.

If possible J_frost, can I suggest that some of the menus are hardcoded into the custom menus like (9 or 0 ) for action such as "gear down", "get out", "avionics" etc, having a pain trying to rearm without those action items.

Thats a good idea Muahaha.

Avionics may be difficult, but the other two for the player should be ok using the action command in a radio trigger. Bare in mind, many actions listed in reality don't actually work for one reason or another.

I am not sure why the guns are difficult to target on the ships, but if it were any easier then the mission would be a walk in the park.

I am away for about 3 or 4 days now, I will hopefully be able to answer any questions and respond to feedback. I won't be able to work on it over that period though.

Like you say though, it is funny your wingman can target them no problem.

Thanks

Rough Knight

In your next release, scrap the littlebird mission. Just scrap it all together. I mean, a littlebird vs a BMP2? Cmon...thats just stupid.

Sorry to say this but its the truth. I don't know what your idea was with this mission, but I think it followed hollywood moreso than the military. A littlebird on its own hasn't got nearly enough firepower to take something like that on.

Just scrap it all together. I mean, a littlebird vs a BMP2? Cmon...thats just stupid.

In my opinion that is not constructive critisism, you are welcome to scrap playing it all together.

There is only a 33% chance of the BMP spawning. Mostly it is one of two offroad armed vehicles. Also, a BMP could be drawn to the fight from outside. There are some random patroling vehicles.

By the way, you can actually take the BMP out if it spawns before it even fires a shot, you do have 10 or 12 missiles did you realise. You need to use them wisely.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

Anyone else having issues with enemy air targets on the first mission being white (un-tab targetable)? Is this intended to represent a strict ROE for air targets, or is this a reported issue?

Flying around near the base out of AA range is fine, but then when I get the call that a fast mover has taken off I'm unable to lock it up and just cycle through AG targets instead with my AMRAAM's and Sidewinders :( Is this in someway tied to the RWR option in the Avionics menu? Or is that just a radar warning receiver that isnt implemented totally?

EDIT: is it possible to queue up multiple JDAM Marks with the GPS/INS menu? Or just one at a time? (Sorry if this is better asked in the F18 addon's thread, figured folks here would know as well)

Anyone else having issues with enemy air targets on the first mission being white (un-tab targetable)? Is this intended to represent a strict ROE for air targets, or is this a reported issue?

I am not sure they should be white. At least on the radar on my game they show up red after the message pops up. I can then target them. Has anyone else seen this?

The Littlebird stays white however, but this is by design to make it more of a challenge.

I will have a look after work today and see what I find about the other thing you.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

I am not sure they should be white. At least on the radar on my game they show up red after the message pops up. I can then target them. Has anyone else seen this?

The Littlebird stays white however, but this is by design to make it more of a challenge.

I will have a look after work today and see what I find about the other thing you.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

J_frost, I can confirmed they were white when I played it. But it can still be manually locked on after visually seeing it.

In my opinion that is not constructive critisism, you are welcome to scrap playing it all together.

There is only a 33% chance of the BMP spawning. Mostly it is one of two offroad armed vehicles. Also, a BMP could be drawn to the fight from outside. There are some random patroling vehicles.

By the way, you can actually take the BMP out if it spawns before it even fires a shot, you do have 10 or 12 missiles did you realise. You need to use them wisely.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Well I'm sorry if I offended you but I don't like bending an opinion. I'm more of a straight to the point kinda guy. Its just that it doesn't really seem that fitting within your campaign as all of the other missions were very good aside from some minor bugs.

You should know that when I take the time to critisize something and discuss it I think of it as something with potential. And I think you have done a supurb job so far for setting the scenario and building the missions.

Anyway, I hope that this hasn't demotivated you in any kind of way in the process of perfecting your campaign.

EDIT: is it possible to queue up multiple JDAM Marks with the GPS/INS menu? Or just one at a time? (Sorry if this is better asked in the F18 addon's thread, figured folks here would know as well)

It's not possible as far as I was aware...but I may be wrong. I have fixed the Mig targetting for mission1 that you reported for the next version.

I'm more of a straight to the point kinda guy.

You can say that again. No offence taken, you just came out pretty strong:D

With regards to the ship targetting, I have no idea why for the player the guns are not visible while you wingman can pick them off at will? I will try find a solution. I complete the mission by flying low and using zoom while changing targets. You then seem to pick them up.

A few changes in the wind then for the next version.

* Fixed: Enemy migs not visible on the radar in mission1

* Fix targetting of AA weapons on Frigates and destroyers in mission4.

* F/A-18 explodes in cutscene. Anyone else seen this. Part of the unit's init is "this allowdamage false", so not sure how its possible?

* Enemy planes causing chaos on the Nimitz deck

Fixed: Mission2 doesnt use sargeant\name in chat.

Fixed: Some spelling errors in chat dialogues.

Thanks folks

Rough Knight

Any word on the Pilot issue that a few of us are experiencing?

When loading the first mission, the mission is looking for "mar_fighter_pilot" instead of "mar_pilot" which is the name of the actual unit, and thus aborts/CTDs/whatever it does when it can't find units it's depending on.

Yes, this is with all the latest versions of the F18, Pilot, Nimitz, campaign and so on. I havn't got it working yet due to this issue so I havn't been able to play the campaign but since I'm one of the flyboys I'm really looking forward to try it out.

Hi KBK, did u download the addon from the link on the 1st page? If you are using Six downloader to download then chances are your F18 addon are outdated.

Any word on the Pilot issue that a few of us are experiencing?

When loading the first mission, the mission is looking for "mar_fighter_pilot" instead of "mar_pilot" which is the name of the actual unit, and thus aborts/CTDs/whatever it does when it can't find units it's depending on.

Yes, this is with all the latest versions of the F18, Pilot, Nimitz, campaign and so on. I havn't got it working yet due to this issue so I havn't been able to play the campaign but since I'm one of the flyboys I'm really looking forward to try it out.

Hi KBK,

I did respond to you :p

As mentioned by Muahaha, you should do the following.

skip steps 1,3 and 4 only if you are 100% certain you have the latest F/A-18.

1). Download the latest F/A-18 from the link on the first page.

2). Disable the mar_pilot addon you are using [because the F/A-18 addon already contains the unit "mar_fighter_pilot" as an included pbo.]

3). Delete your old F/A-18 addon folder.

4). Install the newest version of the F/A-18.

5). Fire up the game with the required addons.

Please post back to let me know if it worked. Otherwise we will try figure out what else is going on.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

I got em from the link. I always update my manually since software like Six Updater always have a buffer time to provide the latest updates.

I've redownloaded and reinstalled the addons twice now, just to make sure the error is not on my machine.

Edit: j_frost: Sorry I must have missed your reply, my bad. Maybe I should go see an eye-doctor hehe ;)

I am only using the pilot provided with the F18, as instructed. That's the "mar_pilot" im blabbering on about. But it's obviously working for you guys, so I'll try again to iron out every bump on my part, I'll get back to you when I've done so.

Edit 2:

Success!

I went through all of my modfolders and addon catalogues in search of errors and I found another file called "mar_pilot". How that one got there and what pilot it is I have no idea since I'm not able to see anything besides the BiS default and F18 pilots ingame. I deleted it however and then reinstalled all the F18 etc addons and viola! The hills are alive to the sound of an angry metal hornet!

Edited by KBK

Well, I've managed to complete the littlebird mission but there's a problem. I can't complete it because nothing happens to the "Avoid civillian casualties" box. It just stays open and when I fly to the nimitz It does say I've succesfully completed the landing but nothing happens.

So I decided to fly back and see if I missed anything. When I landed at the hidout I saw that a lot of the rebels were killed but not by my fire. They were just KIA'ed by the Dualian Armed Forces.

Also I think you should include some kind off extraction script for whenever you crash during a mission but survive.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

I can't complete it because nothing happens to the "Avoid civillian casualties" box..

EDIT: You where right CyclonicTuna, the mission end trigger was broken. So was the civilain killed trigger [although this wasn't why the mission didnt end] which is fixed in the next version. Thanks mate.

This auto-completes itself when you land and turn off your engine. Did you get the Return to Nimitz task pop up? If notr there must be some enemies around, or a bug that slipped through tothe keeper. I am not sure about why the mission didn't finish, I will look into it. Thanks for reporting it

Also I think you should include some kind off extraction script for whenever you crash during a mission but survive.

This should already be implemented Tuna. Although lookout, a posse is gonna try hunt you down. Your current task should fail and then you can call via radio after you get a message

via [0,0,0].

EDIT: confirmed this is working.

Success!

I went through all of my modfolders and addon catalogues in search of errors and I found another file called "mar_pilot". How that one got there and what pilot it is I have no idea since I'm not able to see anything besides the BiS default and F18 pilots ingame. I deleted it however and then reinstalled all the F18 etc addons and viola! The hills are alive to the sound of an angry metal hornet! .

Excellent Smithers, let me know how you go. Always looking to make it better. :bounce3:

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

EDIT:

This auto-completes itself when you land and turn off your engine. Did you get the Return to Nimitz task pop up? If notr there must be some enemies around, or a bug that slipped through tothe keeper.

Yes, when I eliminated all the enemies I got the new task to return to the Nimitz. I also turned of the engine when I landed on the lift (I really like the fact that it initiates the lift when you land, nice touch, really cinematic :)).

As for the "extraction script", maybe you could make this a little bit more clear in the future. Or just add it to the action menu.

Yes, when I eliminated all the enemies I got the new task to return to the Nimitz. I also turned of the engine when I landed on the lift (I really like the fact that it initiates the lift when you land, nice touch, really cinematic :)).

As for the "extraction script", maybe you could make this a little bit more clear in the future. Or just add it to the action menu.

I will add a note to the first page, you may need to [shift] + [-] "endmission" once the Nimitz elevator goes down. There was just a script that gets executed when you helo reaches lower deck level to end the mission and check objective status to see if you passed or failed.

The mission is over either way however otherwise you wouldn't get the message to turn off your engine.

With the actions thing. I think I will leave it how it is. It is more realistic to use your radio to call for an evacuation. Perhaps I just need to tweak the Hint to make it more noticable or repeat it a few times so the player knows the option is open.

Thanks

Rough Knight

I will add a note to the first page, you may need to [shift] + [-] "endmission" once the Nimitz elevator goes down. There was just a script that gets executed when you helo reaches lower deck level to end the mission and check objective status to see if you passed or failed.

The mission is over either way however otherwise you wouldn't get the message to turn off your engine.

Unfortionatly that doesn't seem to work either :confused:. I tried every possibel combination, am I doing it wrong?

Unfortionatly that doesn't seem to work either :confused:. I tried every possibel combination, am I doing it wrong?

Press and hold [Left Shift] then press [keypad -]

release them together then type "endmission" minus the quotes.

I am working on a few things hopefully I will have the next update either later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Hi guys,

I have a new update for the campaign which hopefully addresses most of the issues that where reported plus some that I found along the way.

v1.05 | 05-Jan-12

* Fixed: Plane taking off from Nimtz during opening cutscene could sometimes explode.

* Fixed: Issue where player could move a guy used in the intro so that he was not visible in the cutscene [Air-Controller].

* Fixed: Mission1 Enemy migs not visible on the radar.

* Fixed: Mission1 Hint on squirrel escaping airfield was not from USS Nimitz mission control.

* Fixed: Mission2 does not use sargeant in chat.

* Fixed: mission6 trigger to end mission correctly after returning to Nimitz.

* Fixed: mission6 trigger to detect if NTC are wiped out - mission fail.

* Fixed: AH-6J loadout of weapons and magazines [sidearms] for player if helicopter gets shot down but player survives.

* Fixed: Enemy planes sometimes taking out units on Nimitz Deck.

* Fixed: Some spelling errors in chat dialogues.

* Changed: Added delay to message regarding extraction availability apon ejecting or vehicle being damaged on return to Nimitz tasks.

* Changed: "alldead" variable changed to "alldead_fro" to inhibit conflicts with BIS array "allDead"

As per usual, please leave any feedback particularly of any issues found so I can address them.

Thanks

Rough Knight

I've had some time to play through the campaign now and I gotta give you props for it man! I had a great time with the aerial missions as well as the sneaky ones.

It feels so good to know that all those hours spent practicing carrier landings weren't wasted. :P

The only little issue I had with the campaign was the Littlebird mission. While it is a little unrealistic to send a single AH-6 in to take care of the baddies in broad daylight, I understand why you chose this bird. An AH-1Z would've been the proper choice but it also would've made it too easy. The littlebird is also a wonderful machine to fly although very fragile.

With the AI tuned up a notch, like I usualy play, they just turned their PKMs towards my bird and shot me down time and time again. It took quite a few tries and some creative flying to get the quick drop on the baddies and take them out with rockets while they were still in their trucks. If they were able to get out and spread out into the jungle I was toast.

Apart from that it was alot of fun and with some polishing this is one of the better campaigns out there!

Apart from that it was alot of fun and with some polishing this is one of the better campaigns out there!

Haha, thanks. I don't know about that, but I am glad you enjoyed it mate. :)

It took quite a few tries and some creative flying to get the quick drop on the baddies and take them out with rockets while they were still in their trucks. If they were able to get out and spread out into the jungle I was toast.

That is exactly the right initiative to take. If those trucks get to were they offload the re-inforcements, it will make your task pretty difficult because the troops will sorround the hideout then attack it via one of my scripts.

Here is how I tackle the mission.

1). On your first pass take out the two armed vehicles most importantly.

2). If possible also on the first pass, take out the two trucks inbound with re-inforcements, they will be on the same road as the units above.

3). Use a bit of altitude and then take out the foot-soldiers who have sorrounded the base.

4). If you miss the trucks with your first pass, the footsolderis will split up and circle the base. They will then procede up the hill to try take out the NTC.Using height is the best way to avoid small arms fire damage, however that will be of no use if you missed the two armed vehicles.

It is a fairly tactical mission. I didn't make it easy, because otherwise there would not be much of a challenge. perhaps it needs some tweeks though, as you are not the first one KBK who has been a little frustrated with that particular mission.

Throw up some idea's to me and I'll see what I can do. I am always open to suggestions ;)

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

Just found this campaign, im impressed with the overview. Cant wait to start playing it. Just a pitty we don't have a British carrier :(

I have a couple of problems with the assassination mission.

First, why is it so foggy? Just a question.

Second, I find it very hard to believe that enemy troops get a one shot kill on me every time from a mile and a half away thrue all the fog an vegitation. Don't know if you can fix that, but just sayin.

Lastly I believe you should provide the player with a nightvision or thermal scope on the sniper rifle. I had to turn up my gamma and brightness up all the way to be able to get a descent shot thrue my scope.

I also found a bug:

- When I get briefed my characters point of view slowly start turning into crazy postures making the camera tilt towards the sceiling and rotating there untill the briefing is finished.

Keep up the good work!

CyclonicTuna

First, why is it so foggy? Just a question.

Gday mate. I made it foggy because even with cloud cover, the night sky seemed too light for the searchlights to be realistic. I was hoping the fog factor might be overlooked a little. I will have a play withthe settings.

Second, I find it very hard to believe that enemy troops get a one shot kill on me every time from a mile and a half away thrue all the fog an vegitation. Don't know if you can fix that, but just sayin.

Really? AI skill level has not been touched so it should be default settings from the editor. You using any AI addons, or any of the latest beta patches?

Lastly I believe you should provide the player with a nightvision or thermal scope on the sniper rifle. I had to turn up my gamma and brightness up all the way to be able to get a descent shot thrue my scope.

For some reason when you have NV on, for scope goes black when you look through it. Typically it clears, although I am not sure if this is what is supposed to happen. I was trying to keep players away from the compound and take long range shots at the searchlights so the helo insertion is at least a bit of a challenge. I will look into it for the next release because it is a bit annoying.

I also found a bug:

- When I get briefed my characters point of view slowly start turning into crazy postures making the camera tilt towards the sceiling and rotating there untill the briefing is finished.

Yeah, I am not sure what causes this, but I have randonly seen it. It may be associated somehow with "disableUserInput True". I will see if I can isolate the problem.

Thanks for the feedback and I will try to address some of your concerns.

Rough Knight