Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Holy Jesus how did I not notice that, awesome.

Is Hell in the Pacific going to include planes like the Zero and the like?

Yes it will.

It´s a Betabuild and not a Release Candidate, all Models there used with permission of the Artist. The HiP Team is on own Models to replace the old ones. :bounce3:

Sorry, but we in FoW have slight difficulties finding the said artists who have given such permissions. Remember that if such promises were given when we were part of the same team it doesn't hold now as you are separate.

It actually sheds some light to the at the time odd sounding requests to allow using models in the pacific even we were in the same team. Somehow it makes me think when did you plan to put up your own team and when to tell it.

So you have given the package out to beta testers and video makers even it has materials for which you do not have permissions? Yet you have nerve to write (earlier post) you have your own models and FoW has no right to use yours. True, we don't have rights nor have we even asked. I wish you could see the rules are the same to you too.

Maybe you guys and Kraetzer could battle it out by PM instead of polluting this thread?

And if there are any general problems between FoW and HitP: Rip31st and Wax are both on the same messanger - that's the place to solve those things and not a public thread.

Maybe you guys and Kraetzer could battle it out by PM instead of polluting this thread?

And if there are any general problems between FoW and HitP: Rip31st and Wax are both on the same messanger - that's the place to solve those things and not a public thread.

Well correct.

If however this hadn't been completely ignored.

Forum Rule §20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

The issue hasnt been completely ignored, as Rip31st has contacted me and politely asked me to

remove any models of which you guys claim to be the original owners, i will comply to this request.

Also in that conversation Rip31st stated that Troc and Alper never gave us permission.

But i can recall we had permission of all involded modellers !! :

Troc told/emailed Pedersen he would be glad to help us out by contributing models to us,

and i personally have asked Alper permission to use his base model of the LCM3,

uponwhich i allready moddeled/build further, unwrapped, textured and rigged/configged.

All this was shortly after Troc, Pedersen and Waxbutter left FOW due to a copyright issue.

But as requested : We will stop using 31stMod/FOW content for our gameplaytests,

so no upcoming gameplaytestvideos should contain any of these models.

Hopefully this will suffise to clear up the issue, Greetz Waxbutter.

Thank you for clearing the issue up Waxbutter.

Rip did discuss the matter with you but the answer we received was all FoW content will be removed prior to release.

This wasn't satisfactory as the community was still viewing un-released FoW assets that they would see and HitP work.

Regarding permission,According to the involved parties the issue was the fact that permission was given whilst you were in the mod (Alper) I'm not sure about Troc's permission but i gather that he'd said he'd help. Not donate the model's that were for use in FoW.

Anyways it's all in the past now.

Hopefully now we can look over the past and start a fresh.

Thanks again,

Enigma

Clad that you sorted those things up.

Awesome to see that there is new WWII mods coming up. There's so many things which have not been in games from WWII. There never has been a large Pacific mod released for ArmA or OFP games. Only small addonpacks have been released.

Cant wait to make "The Pacific" Scenes on this mod (Peleliu)

I have one question:

Does the mod have any other maps then Peleliu (Guadalcanal,Makin,Midvay etc...)

Good luck with the project!

Clad that you sorted those things up.

Awesome to see that there is new WWII mods coming up. There's so many things which have not been in games from WWII. There never has been a large Pacific mod released for ArmA or OFP games. Only small addonpacks have been released.

Cant wait to make "The Pacific" Scenes on this mod (Peleliu)

I have one question:

Does the mod have any other maps then Peleliu (Guadalcanal,Makin,Midvay etc...)

Good luck with the project!

Thx for your support!

Yes Guadalcanal will be in this mod.

I take this moment to inform you all that to please the British and Aussie ARMA2-players out there we will do our best to have the Burma and New Guinea maps also.

Bruma!!!! im masturbing :yay:

Wrong game,

Oblivion is that way ------>

on topic will you be implementing a full setup of infantry,naval,air force and armor or are you concentrating more on the infantry side of the war?

ohu, well , surely only be kept on the infantry is like masturbating and stop before having an orgasm. It would be much better to have a Carrier with "Wildcat" "Sdb" or "Corsair"...or at least have the naval battles, where the map is made up to 80% water and 20% of land .... here, this would be like masturbating with compressed air...:j:

So,pls answer XxEnigmaxX's quest!!!:D

Seeing as bayonets and swords were often used by the Japanese, will you be implementing some sort of melee attack option for the player/AI?

Island is going to be released in two versions.

1. Version for the mod with all its WW2-stuff in it.

2. Version with no WW2-stuff on it.So you all out there can use it with any kind of Arma2 combat you like. Where you can play as the Uber A-10 pilot with 50.cal sniper rifle, javelin, satchels and offcourse full ammo load out for all weapons. Have fun!

;)

Seeing as bayonets and swords were often used by the Japanese, will you be implementing some sort of melee attack option for the player/AI?

Oh God ... not again !

Please join the 'me wants a knife' thread dotted around these forums.

Oh God ... not again !

maby we put in some Japanese Karaoke , that is almost as close combat.

:D

Oh God ... not again !

:rolleyes:

I'm not one of those, but seeing as how the Japanese were so obsessed with bayoneting their opponents and charging with the swords of their ancestors, it makes sense that if there is one addon that would have the ability to bayonet someone, it would be this...

There isn´t a Problem with Bajonett Damage System, biggest Problem is atm. thatthe animations working well.

But no we had nothing done for Bajonettatack yet.

looks flawless.

How does operating all of tha MG's on board look? No problems there?

(as I'm already asking this; is there a limit of usable guns/mg's for an ArmA vehicle)

Edited by topas

very very nice mate, looking forward to this. also if you need some1 to work on some textures for the AIF (Australian imperial Forces) and have the models then hit me up, would be more than happy to help.

(as I'm already asking this; is there a limit of usable guns/mg's for an ArmA vehicle)

I haven't heard of there being one. AFAIK, you can have as many as you want, just has to be defined in the config.

Excellent looking work, chaps.

Abs