Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

They said Different Developers and Different Task, Meaning one group/person could have been educated and trained to do models and textures for the vehicles they're making still, while others are configuration and coding experts, so in theory while they wait for the newer models they could sub train some people to work on multiplayer and make new features for it, so they're always busy making our game better.

what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems, they want to release MP modes that are not really new?!?!community can do MP scenarios, these are small things and low priority and there are other important things to do which has much more higher priority (content, MP optimization, FPS improvements etc, adding missing features) and BI has nothimg better do to than creating MP modes which everyone can create and making such a big mistery out of it ?! what the hell ?!?!?

Cant tell if trolling. Anyways just to make things clear for you, its not like at some point the devs all sat down and started making Zeus, the DLC is being made by a very small portion of people. Therefore all your FIX THIS, FIX THAT whines will probably be answered somewhere in the future, as the bigger part of the dev team continues to fix stuff, make new stuff, finish the campaign etc. I cant really see your point.

Well, at least it wasn't another vehicle with the exact same weapon copy and pasted onto it... That's something eh?

Cant tell if trolling. Anyways just to make things clear for you, its not like at some point the devs all sat down and started making Zeus, the DLC is being made by a very small portion of people. Therefore all your FIX THIS, FIX THAT whines will probably be answered somewhere in the future, as the bigger part of the dev team continues to fix stuff, make new stuff, finish the campaign etc. I cant really see your point.

Welcome to the community, understanding and rationality are oft in short supply here.

Could a developer clarify if this 3d editor will be available for offline mission making also?

Welcome to the community, understanding and rationality are oft in short supply here.

there´s a huge supply of yes-men on here though. If Arma released a dodo with Arma 4 written on it you´d buy it.

Cut all community related discussions and focus on the game mode itself.

Please :bounce3:

Honestly I´m really surprised, I didn´t expect this at all.And I really like the Idea! If this works better and is more intuitive than MCC then I´m all for it. Congrats Devs!

(But I really hope that this will be available offline too. I would really like to have a offline 3D Editor!)

Looking forward to more content that will make the FPS even more terrible then it already is.

Could a developer clarify if this 3d editor will be available for offline mission making also?

Zeus is about real-time editing alone, although you can use it in both MP and SP. A fully fledged 3D mission editor is a more significant undertaking, built on some basic ideas.

So far, we've moved some of these simple ideas - creating and editing entities and logic - from scripted prototype to legitimate engine support, and made them a core part of Zeus.

We're not currently in a position to say whether we can take these things further into a full, offline incarnation but, surely, this work can't hurt. :)

Best,

RiE

Zeus is about real-time editing alone, although you can use it in both MP and SP. A fully fledged 3D mission editor is a more significant undertaking, built on some basic ideas.

So far, we've moved some of these simple ideas - creating and editing entities and logic - from scripted prototype to legitimate engine support, and made them a core part of Zeus.

We're not currently in a position to say whether we can take these things further into a full, offline incarnation but, surely, this work can't hurt. :)

Best,

RiE

Forgive me, but I still don't really understand what this Zeus DLC actually is. Is it just a 3d editor or an actual MP game mode where everyone can spawn tank AI wherever they want and shoot lightning bolts at me?

Forgive me, but I still don't really understand what this Zeus DLC actually is. Is it just a 3d editor or an actual MP game mode where everyone can spawn tank AI wherever they want and shoot lightning bolts at me?

Apparently yes, but hey, we still have no 3d editor.

Personally I don't see this as much of an improvement, I have no idea why they are working on stuff like this when we still don't have any large fixed wing aircrafts and WTF? using lightning to blow up a tank I thought I was playing ARMA not world of warcraft.

Fixed-wing aircraft have already been in development for some time -- multiple SITREPs have elaborated on this -- but were taking longer than this would take, so why not announce the one that's further along? That, and presumably "moving all of the Zeus devs over to fixed wing" wouldn't make said fixed-wing aircraft development go any faster.

Best,

RiE

Is it possible to have/add Zeus for each side and play Arma like RTS? :D

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Personally I don't see this as much of an improvement, I have no idea why they are working on stuff like this when we still don't have any large fixed wing aircrafts and WTF? using lightning to blow up a tank I thought I was playing ARMA not world of warcraft.
yeah they also better to tell janitor in the office to stop cleaning office and force him to model aircraft right?

every one have their job to do...

There are so many wrong things with the whole situation I don't even bother to mention. How hard does it take to develop one or two aircraft ? I mean we talking about a game here not real aircraft development.

I would like to uninstall Arma from my computer but I still hope for a miracle that will save the game in the last minute.

Is it possible to have/add Zeus for each side and play Arma like RTS? :D

My thoughts exactly. However, one would have to implement some kind of resource limitation. I posted a thread in order to be able to debate this, it's on the main forum.

My thoughts exactly. However, one would have to implement some kind of resource limitation. I posted a thread in order to be able to debate this, it's on the main forum.

in trailer/screenshots there is yellow bar on top that is used for resources

Someone who worked on that just failed his physics class today, Its impossible to destroy a tank with lighting bolt, it will work like a Faraday Cage, cars work like that as well btw, so I think Arma devs just dont care about realizm or authenticity of their game.

Proof:

if you conduct enough electricty through a wire "anything thats conducts electricity/unless its a supercondutor". it will start to heat up and if you continue to apply more & more electricity to it, in the end it will start to melt. this due to resistance in the metal. want to learn more about it ,read about Joule heating.

So yes its possible to destroy a tank with lightning. it just needs to be insanly high amount of Energy(Watts) involved here.

now ofcource you could say. No man made or "Earth" made lightning has en energy to do this is another thing.

i bet Zeus could do that.. hes a god after all.

and dont use Youtube videos as proof. thats just BS if you know some physics ;)

i bet Zeus could do that.. hes a god after all.

welcome to Age of ARMA III :P :D

any word when ZEUS will be released yet? soon is a bit vague.

ps: The longer I think about it, I dont despise the new game mode per se but I see it as kind of a destraction from the core game. It doesnt really add to realistic gameplay which is kind of the core uniqueness of ARMA. So its an interesting addition but I hope for more substantial Updates for the heart of the game, e.g. more optimization/fixes, better UI (scroll menu anyone) and maybe far in the future more content.

Edited by nomisum

welcome to Age of ARMA III :P :D

any word when ZEUS will be released yet? soon is a bit vague.

q2 2014

Who says or where do you see a tank getting struck/destroyed by lightning? As far as I can tell the lighting is only another effect which you (ZEUS/The Mission Commander) can use to generate atmosphere.

On topic:

Didn't expect this. Looks really good. Let's see how it develops (especially for offline object placement) further. I also see at least two opportunities regarding gameplay for which ZEUS could be used.

1. For training purposes for the milsim crowd

2. RTS like gameplay where two or more players are battling over Altis.

Edit: Saw the lightning weapon now. Must have been blind. WTH it's just a fancy way for the mission commander to destroy an unwanted asset.

Edited by Raspu86