Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

So basically the biggest youtube channels are posting all these videos without permission and youtube are doing nothing yet for the average joe bloggs youtube are whining because they want a real signature from one of us on the document? Does it have to be a hand signed one as in we print it out and rescan it or just a digital one? Either way anyone who needs a signature Email me and I'll sign it for you: Placebo@idea-games.com

This is unfair :s they rejected almost all my ArmA2 videos, I only made like 2 U$ so far LOL and I dont even know if they are going to pay me someday.. Im sad :(

Send and Email to you Mr Placebo!

He i filled out the form, but i cant find your email or the other email i need to send it to.

o'rlly?

Either way anyone who needs a signature Email me and I'll sign it for you: Placebo@idea-games.com

and from first post:

5. send to following email(s) to me (yours lovely Community Manager )

David.Foltyn

and copy to our PR staff

Ota.Vrtatko

a.t. @ bistudio d.o.t. com

was that all that hard?

So basically the biggest youtube channels are posting all these videos without permission and youtube are doing nothing yet for the average joe bloggs youtube are whining because they want a real signature from one of us on the document? Does it have to be a hand signed one as in we print it out and rescan it or just a digital one? Either way anyone who needs a signature Email me and I'll sign it for you: Placebo@idea-games.com

All they want is a "digital" signature on the bottom. So basically just a typed out name at the bottom stating that you're a BI representative. E-mail inbound, and thanks so much.

Right, I've done a couple of those now that I received via email, I have a very nice jpeg scan of my real signature ;)

I don't know why or how but I've just checked my videos and YT enabled my vanilla ArmA2 videos that were previously disabled for monetization. Still I've send you an email Placebo and I'll sent YT the updated license then.

But ... yeah... really dunno what made them do it.

Hmm... I'm not sure if I filled the form and provide the information correctly. I mailed to Dwarden and also ask for acknowledge (in document format) in another mail but still don't get any reply :nervous:

Oh Wait!, I just found out that Youtube disable monetization feature in my country. Does it mean that I don't have to get approval from BIS? (or is it still better to get approval anyway?) Well, I don't really care about making money but I'm afraid that my ArmA videos will be claimed for copyright and be disabled -_-"

Edited by ExVictor

Get permission anyway then you're covered :)

Indeed, please refrain from spamming your YT channel, that is not the purpose of this thread.

Oh... OK... But since I still didn't get any reply although I ask for acknowledge in another mail I sent yesterday so I'm a bit worried that maybe I did something wrong -_-". Right now, I have just uploaded 2 videos of ArmA Resistance and will uploaded a bunch of them later. Now, I keep it private and going to make it public after I feel it is safe.

Sorry for my impatience.

E-mail sent. Hopefully this will suffice for the people at Youtube, I never thought getting monetised would be this difficult.

you need wait, we are working on global solution, it's humany impossible to solve each request separately

Even with the document signed by Placebo, they still refuse to monetize my videos.

Guess I'll wait some more then.

Even with the document signed by Placebo, they still refuse to monetize my videos.

now that's something from Absurdistan verse

I dont think its a person who decide if its good for monetizarion or not, it is probably some automatic program, I submited like 20 old Arma videos only 2 or 3 was acepted (randomly), the rest was rejected, I send them the signed document, but it will be never checked, and now those videos cant be monetized ever again. I have uploaded 5 DayZ videos and only one is monetized

I have a question.. I make a significant amount of money from my DayZ videos and I was just shown this thread. Before I decide to continue making videos (that promote your game), I'd like to know what the cut is that you are seeking to take from any future content that I produce (a ballpark figure would be great). The reason I'm asking is because my primary income is not reliant on DayZ material, and I'd rather not be bothered with this attempt in what is essentially the garnishing of my wages.. instead I will just move on to another title and continue working.

Wow, did they actually send you a reply?

I have about a dozen videos set to monetized, one with over 200k views and I've sent in the same license for each one. I never got a single reply back.

Apparently one was enabled again for monetization but then disabled the next day with the same request for proof.

I have a question.. I make a significant amount of money from my DayZ videos and I was just shown this thread. Before I decide to continue making videos (that promote your game), I'd like to know what the cut is that you are seeking to take from any future content that I produce (a ballpark figure would be great). The reason I'm asking is because my primary income is not reliant on DayZ material, and I'd rather not be bothered with this attempt in what is essentially the garnishing of my wages.. instead I will just move on to another title and continue working.

From what I have read in the thread they have never mentioned anything about taking a cut out of anything.

You must provide the license with every monetized video containing content from BIS.

If you earn over a certain amount of money on the videos they want to set up a per-user license, one that is more specific for yourself, I do not know if they will take a cut in this, I guess they may or may not do so on their own leisure.

Wow, did they actually send you a reply?

I have about a dozen videos set to monetized, one with over 200k views and I've sent in the same license for each one. I never got a single reply back.

Apparently one was enabled again for monetization but then disabled the next day with the same request for proof.

More like an automated reply.

Thanks for submitting your video *video* for monetisation. We have disabled monetisation on this video because we were not able to verify that you have the appropriate commercial use rights for all content included.

Is part of the e-mail I got as a reply after I sent the .pdf WITH signature.

HOWEVER, ever since then, any new ARMA videos I upload get monetised instantly. Honestly, I don't get it.

Dwarden,

Posting this here rather than in a PM as I felt it might be a query others in the community should be able to read, and after having a brief chat with Placebo about it. I have a question regarding addon makers rights/IP via this youtube monetisation scheme? We've seen over the years plenty of fan made videos using various addons in the community, addons that are sometimes quite 'essential' in telling the stories/plot of the videos in question, and therefore, in a roundabout way, there lies the possibility that they could profit, to some extent, off our work. Essentially the questions boiled down to:

- Are we within our rights to request that our content not be used on monetised videos on youtube, via our EULA?

I'm not looking to start any debate on should the addons in question be able to recoup 'royalties', should addon makers be able to sell their work, etc etc. I'm just questioning the concept of one branch of content makers who may only create free content, whereas another could use that same content and earn money off the back of it via youtube.

Quoted from the first post:

This doesn't cover anything from user-made content,

for that You need obtain approval from the respective IP owners.

So I say, yep you are in your rights when you do not want to see your work in monetized videos.

But of course I am not a legal BI spokesman or have any legal education.

Quoted from the first post:

So I say, yep you are in your rights when you do not want to see your work in monetized videos.

But of course I am not a legal BI spokesman or have any legal education.

*Face palm*

Read that post several times, and seemed to have glossed ovet that part each and every time. Thanks foxhound.