Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Naval Units

I have ported your frigates, hidrofoils and submarines to ARMA 2 and the results are astounding. Not only they engage at longer distances but also they are quite more aggresive. I have noticed a couple of bugs, though.

Frigate pack

- The crew and cargo names must be changed.

- texture problems with the flags (error message pops up)

- Ocasionally the OHPs harpoons explode while being launched (Supose its the spawning script)

- Problems with all particle effects. Ocasionally comes an error message. But the main problem is that the point where the FX is created looks it displaced in the Krivak

Submarines pack

- The crew and cargo names must be changed

- The Torpedoes look as if they explode very far from the target.

- The Harpoons keep climbing but do not arch to attack the issued target.

- The submarines are attacked from very long distances with missiles because they can be seen in Radar.

Anyway, a naval clash is even more frenetic than now.

As Arma 2 supports 2 types of weapon proxies I'd suggest adding a 2nd type of missile to the OHPs.

IDEA:

As now an object can be attached to another object via the Attachto command I have had one idea to better simulate the stealth capabilities of a submarine.

We create 1 new object in the config (which could be whatever, even something invisible).

This object must be IR targetable and via init script and the scripts for changing depth we would create it, attach it to the sub or destroy it as needed.

This way we would make the subs invisible to IR scans unless they are surfacing (the IR target attached to the submarine would be what we would target).We would put in the init the created IR target and we would attach it to the zamerny point of the submarine.

The diving action would destroy that object, and the surfacing action would create and attach it.

We could even create two tipes of objects one of them with less IR visibility so its only created and attached when the submarine is travelling at periscope depths, thus simulating the fact that periscopes can be detected by radar

Anyway, I hope you get Arma 2 soon, Gnat, your ships looke incredible there

Edited by mankyle

Nice recap! I am really looking forward to Gnats ships in ARMA 2.

Sounds great! On that sea in particular, the ships must look fantastic in Arma2!

Nice feedback thanks mankyle.

Nice idea on the sub stealth.

Soon as I get my local copy of ArmA2, I'll finish converting them over.

Cheers

Just got my copy of ArmAII and started porting the ships (and the Piper).

Frigates likely first.

A lot still works as-is, but with some extra features of ArmAII, I'm improving things, like the rear heli-decks, which should mean they'll now be MP compatible (Yaaaah! )

Tweaking things like missile smoke and sounds.

I think the Ka27 will be missing from the first re-release at this stage as I no longer have a working cockpit dash (was a copy of ArmA choppers).

As normal, no timeline because I have serious RL work to manage.

This is likely the end of my ArmA ver1 releases. I'll start a new ArmAII Naval thread soon as I have worthy pics.

Gnat;1374065']Just got my copy of ArmAII and started porting the ships (and the Piper).

Frigates likely first.

A lot still works as-is' date=' but with some extra features of ArmAII, I'm improving things, like the rear heli-decks, which should mean they'll now be MP compatible (Yaaaah! )

Tweaking things like missile smoke and sounds.

I think the Ka27 will be missing from the first re-release at this stage as I no longer have a working cockpit dash (was a copy of ArmA choppers).

As normal, no timeline because I have serious RL work to manage.

This is likely the end of my ArmA ver1 releases. I'll start a new ArmAII Naval thread soon as I have worthy pics.[/quote']

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS! I have been dying to get these back for ARMA 2, there are NO SHIPS (that move) and you have some of the best out there!

Be glad to help test in MP on my Dedi Server. ;)

Gnat,

I know this is a ARMA Thread and maybe you could start a ARMA2 one (couldn't find one) but I have been playing around with your Sub in ARMA2, works just have to remove the weapons.

Anyway I scripted a CRRC that can be created upon surfacing and transfer to it from inside sub like you do with your ships to RH1B. Works great for my BlackOps missions. Just wanted to suggest you consider making that a AddAction option when the subs are ready for ARMA2 :).

Thanks vengeance. Yep, I'm already working on that CRRC feature plus a couple other features for the ArmA2 release.

Also waiting on an updated Mando Missiles ......

Once I have a bit more, I'll open a new ArmA2 thread.

Cheers.

Gnat;1418000']Thanks vengeance. Yep' date=' I'm already working on that CRRC feature plus a couple other features for the ArmA2 release.

Also waiting on an updated Mando Missiles ......

Once I have a bit more, I'll open a new ArmA2 thread.

Cheers.[/quote']

Hi Gnat,

great things you doing.

Have you already opened an Arma2-Thread?

Thanx ! Herbal, Son of Influence sr.

EDIT: Ooops - just found it here by myself .. :o

I will be headed to Norfolk Naval Station (Virginia) this week and will be taking photos. If anyone has any requests on specific classes of ships, I will take them. please be specific as to how you want the photos taken ok.