What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thanks so far for the words. I'm working on the Reaload sounds for AK's ofcourse. Most explsoions, now, all explosions are changed with more bass and a louder BOOm sound. Sounds nice to mee.

I can't make it right for you all! Some likes the sounds, another one want more boom and action, another one wants more realism! Its impossible to do al this. I just did some nice new explosion and the Signatures and working on the issues to get this run again.

So sry when this is not what you aspected from me, but its impossible like i said.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Thanks mate, awesome sound mod!! Don't get to stressed with what everyone wants, you will never please them all, Release what you like and it will be good!!

Motar impact sounds are good. will test it thx
Nice mortar impacts samples you put there Sarge.

Get a look at this one (Sounds close to AK47 even it is not an AK47 SFX):

Regards,

TB

thank you..I created them by putting a firework explosion in front of another "normal" explosion..really simple.

It's just to give the creator an idea of what it could be.

Make sure to,when you make a video with these sounds, post it here

Good work, my only issue is with the M/AH-6 helicopter sounds. It sounds like you blended a mix of authentic sounds with some from another helicopter or ones you made. You could just use some Hughes 500 sounds from youtube or elsewhere and it will be spot on. Let me know if you want help finding a source.

I can use every help i can get. Would be nice to have some more sources.

Thanks

This mod is amazing, everything sounds so good, even if not too realistic but I don't mind that at all! Try using it in OA campaign missions like Sandstorm or the final mission, everything sounds so nice and crisp, makes it feel like huge cinematic battles.

The only thing I don't like about the mod right now is helicopter sounds, and for that I just use RH's helimod, since LordJarhead thankfully made each vehicle/weapon a .pbo of it's own.

Thanks for an amazing first release LJ!

This mod is amazing, everything sounds so good, even if not too realistic but I don't mind that at all! Try using it in OA campaign missions like Sandstorm or the final mission, everything sounds so nice and crisp, makes it feel like huge cinematic battles.

The only thing I don't like about the mod right now is helicopter sounds, and for that I just use RH's helimod, since LordJarhead thankfully made each vehicle/weapon a .pbo of it's own.

Thanks for an amazing first release LJ!

Thank you so much! :D

Jarhead

hey i found someting for the 4000rpm m134 http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=85246

WOW!!!! ... man, id love to hear that in game! but you know what I liked the best from it, was the distant fireing or hits whatever it was! lol...

Nice find! :bounce3:

And hey Jarhead! how you doing with the signing of the addon? you get it to work? If not PM me and ill help you out!

Also, from the above comment, ive also had a look on that site, and found this for the grenade explosions! Its much much better! :)

Edited by DarkXess

realy nice sound mod!!!

I love the footsteps and the movement sound ;)

I skimmed through a bunch of videos and couldn't make out the sonic crack sound effect. How about a video demoing just that, and how it scales with distance and/or caliber? I'm OCD about it, so it's the first thing I check for. Modular, modular! It must all be modular!

I am getting the click of an empty weapon sometimes, it is not my weapon though it is coming from someone elses. I noticed it the most around the SCARs. It will just keep on making the sound for like thirty seconds. I am a pretty simple dude so I dont care really but thought you would like to know. Great mod though, I love the modular pbos. Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to any updates

I am getting the click of an empty weapon sometimes, it is not my weapon though it is coming from someone elses. I noticed it the most around the SCARs. It will just keep on making the sound for like thirty seconds. I am a pretty simple dude so I dont care really but thought you would like to know. Great mod though, I love the modular pbos. Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to any updates

He already knows about this it was mentioned a couple pages ago. :)

ok i've done a little battle against some takis...the incoming fire sounds good but in my opinion it misses this:

Go to 1:02..from there on listen..

It's not about the A-10's gun but the cracks from incoming fire.

A snap-like sound.

-eD_Lo61rAw

Edited by sarge4267

the guy at 1:30 at the end of that vid sounds like tom hanks

indeed but keep this ontopic please

the guy at 1:30 at the end of that vid sounds like tom hanks

Oh my god your right :eek:

Sonic cracks like that would be awesome!!

This video has my favorite virtual sonic crack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQNWnvhVOQ

This video has some really good ones from (I think) friendly troops shooting past the CO's head very close by. They are so loud that the camera's speakers get overloaded and static-y at first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHrubLXGR8

And here's another ambush, where you can hear some really good ones going a few meters overhead after the initial contact. These are like the softer sounds in vanilla Arma2 when the rounds aren't really coming that close to you:http://www.youtube.comwww.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHrubLXGR8

My preference from watching all these videos is a very clean, dry, crack. It's a pure sound wave, not an explosion, and the sound shouldn't be drawn out or distorted. I'd go with the BI route of not adding an echo, since this tends to make it sound distant and less threatening, and will not be appropriate in many situations.

Edit: And that IS Tom Hanks. He is our secret weapon.

Hey mate! found some nice ones for you, here is the Huey UH-1 also, im going to try and make this a replacement sound for the Chinook, unless you want to do it? im more in to making islands and mods! but sounds isnt my thing, lol... listen to this baby for the Chinook CH-47 and you will LOVE IT!!!! haha... its what we need man! really hope you can do this Chinook one.

Also, Helicopter fade away! and Blackhawk flyby. heres another landing of Huey UH-1 I know your Apache sounds are great, but here is something for you anyway Apache Sounds! heres a Helicopter starting and some stereo chopper sounds in the distance. Hovering chopper sound.

More: Bullet swish. and this is a really really good chopper sound coming in from the distance here!

Jet sounds: One! from a f16 i beleive. and Two! from an f18. Random1 and here is a GAU-12

Anyways, maybe you dont need all that! but just trying to help you out with more info and examples! do do do please try to make that chinook sound though! haha..

LoL ... and something special you need to hear this! maybe you can get something from it, haha.... Here!

Edited by DarkXess

Guys I think the creator needs some time.

It's his mod and by the looks of it you are, maybe without you even knowing, forcing him to use these sounds instead of the ones he wants.

Try suggesting it more than ordering him to use it.

not trying to sound hostile here ;)