Sign in to follow this  
Silpheed

Is the German Community your official Beta Tester?

Maybe you´ll ban me, if so your fault, but:

You should never have released this game in such a bad shape, i´m really sorry, i´ve preordered over Amazon in good hope, that this game will not be that bad and buggy as some Magazines said, but in fact: the AI does not know what to do (maybe the AI wants to, but can´t), graphic Bugs on every corner, bad balancing, unrealistic military behaviour, CTD´s

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT RELEASING THAT GAME??? AND THEN YOU JUST PUSH OUT A BETA PATCH?(I mean it´s a patch....wow on release day)

Guys i know economy is testing us hard these days, but your CUSTOMERS are not your BETA TESTERS. I´ve spent my hard earned money on your product, so please think about something to make your customers satisfied.

Somehow, all Gamestudios think, they could do everything with their customers, they release buggy unfinished, untested games and believe on gamers soul that we will await every single patch until it´s done, but: think about that, there will be some time when nobody won´t buy a single thingy from someone who´s dealing with trash.

If i would do that in my job, i would have lost it already, because i work with people, if i´d done my job only half, maybe someone already would have died.

If yor mechanic repairs your car half and not full, maybe you would have an accident, and i´m sure you wouldn´t have paid full.

So Guys from Bohemia, i´m very sorry that you get the full load now, but think about it and do your job, fix that mess.

Have you purchased game yourself, or just relaying what you read somewhere? Others seems to be fine with it.

I guess you should know that the decission to release the game on the 29th was made by morphicon/peter games and not by BIS.

Others seems to be fine with it.

Yep, didn't have any problems. I had some CTDs due to alt-tabbing but after patching they never again happened and the only bug I have seen so far is the freezing AI.

I realize people expect polished product at launch. But realistically you need very wide group of people playing it to flash out all the issues. So, yeah - they will be some problems but they will be quickly addressed. With every software product it's customer's choice either: a)be an early adopter or b)wait 6-12 month after release for polished product. I just couldn't wait and was getting stale taste of A1 in the mouth:D

I have had no CTD's, no bugs yet, and I have loved what I've played so far. All I know is I need a new processor because ArmA doesn't like to look good on a single core. Other than that this game has been everything I wanted. The AI is better, nothing groundbreaking but better, the graphics are improved, and mission making is easier. Call it what you like but I like being a beta tester.

@Silpheed: I agree with you (unfortunately). I'm one of the german beta testers that spend money to support in bugfixing. I've played the game for some hours now - single and multiplayer. On Thursday evening I was really excited when buying the game and installing it. I was very impressed by the basic training - but when starting the campaign (in single and multiplayer) this impression got worse...

After a while I stopped counting bugs and being annoyed. In the meantime every bug makes me laugh, the stupid KI, the graphic, hovering characters, campaigns that cannot be completed successfully (e.g. "Red Harvest" in multiplayer)... and last but not least ... these meaningless error messages that pops up during gameplay in black boxes.

I wonder that Bohmeia did not spend one more month on extensive bugfixing to avoid having this bad feedback on a game that could be very successful.

Regards

PS: And now you release a BETA patch - for a BETA game. Ts...

@Silpheed: I agree with you (unfortunately). I'm one of the german beta testers that spend money to support in bugfixing. I've played the game for some hours now - single and multiplayer. On Thursday evening I was really excited when buying the game and installing it. I was very impressed by the basic training - but when starting the campaign (in single and multiplayer) this impression got worse...

After a while I stopped counting bugs and being annoyed. In the meantime every bug makes me laugh, the stupid KI, the graphic, hovering characters, campaigns that cannot be completed successfully (e.g. "Red Harvest" in multiplayer)... and last but not least ... these meaningless error messages that pops up during gameplay in black boxes.

I wonder that Bohmeia did not spend one more month on extensive bugfixing to avoid having this bad feedback on a game that could be very successful.

Regards

PS: And now you release a BETA patch - for a BETA game. Ts...

and if you were tester You should already know

that these messages in black box

are saved inside arma2.rpt log file in full sense

and can be then used to pinpoint and fix the bug

and as tester You shall know where to report this ...

Release is up to the publisher, not the developer sadly :(

You're taking your anger out on the wrong people.

The past proves that they fix their games though. The latest patch for ArmA 1 was pretty recently. Patches have drastically changed that game.

@Dwarden: When he said tester I think he meant he bought the game, not that he was an actual beta tester.

Edited by Maddmatt

You should look at this as buying real estate - it's a long term investment that'll pay off eventually. I do agree tho that the german release is riddled with bugs, but BIS will pull through, they always do.

I hosted a good portion of the campaign last night, playing with a dude named Mikey and another called Benus (and a variety of fourth players, most of whom I had to kick for bad behaviour - shame on you guys).

For the duration of that rather lengthy affair I had a constant stream error messages, though only a few of them actually killed the session. That being said the campaign is a diamond in the rough - it is by far the best BIS has ever delivered, far surpassing both OFP and resistance (I won't mention arma 1 in this context, out of respect for the faint at heart).

So yes, arma 2 is bugged, but if you arm yourself with patience it will come through for you.

Are we the betatester?

1st... Arma 2 has a lot of possibilities. It looks really great, great "war feeling", great landscape (think about making hollidays there).

But there are a lot of bugs... the greatest problem is the ai. Sometimes they are to offensive, running into enemy fire and got injured. So your mainjob - actually - is to heal them.

But as i said...they are often to far away. So if you are injured nobody comes to heal you... your mission is over.

Betapatch 1.1 did a lot in ai waypoint but its not enough.

One another big big problem is the missing dedicated server. Playing campaign with this buggy ai is nearly impossible but playing with friends isnt impossible to... hosting a game... ok but only few people owns pc`s that can handle this.

So what we need is - in this order:

DEDICATED SERVER FILES

BIG AI PATCH

and we need people who dont talk only about the bad things.

Hey folks calm down!

BIS products are like good wine, it takes some time til it gets it's superb favour :D

It's been the same with OFP and Arma, at the beginning I hated these games. But now I don't wanna miss them. So just be patient and let BIS finish there work. :yay:

So what we need is:

DEDICATED SERVER FILES

Exactly this is the point! The game looks great, but until there are server files published, my ArmA2-Installation can sleep in it's folders.

:(

Our next plans:

* we plan to release patch 1 for the German version very soon

* in the same time we are also finalizing an updated version of the game that should be the version to be released later next month in other territories (including North America, the official announcements coming soon)

* there is a lot of work ahead to fully support the editing and multiplayer community (full editing tools, command references, dedicated servers) which will keep us busy next few months

Maruk is Marek Spanel, BI CEO.

No you shouldn't blame Morphicon, you should blame BI...

History repeats itself, everyone remembers arma release, it was buggy as hell... what was the excuse back then? BI was running out of money so they had to release it in that shape.

Whats the execuse now? Morphicon?

But who did this game, Morphicon? Who chose the beta testers, and why do such basic bugs appear again in the release? Is it really Morphicon and not BI fault?

I supported BI when arma was released, and I kept defending them because they are small producers, short on money, etc. But right now there are no more excuses, I can't just keep looking to the side, while there are explicit evidences that BI is just releasing the same game with renewed graphics, no real improvements over the previous one, and buggy as hell.

I've seen the arma community, in the past years, produce addons with more content and more quality then what BI is giving us now and for FREE.

We have a script that allows us to transport vehicles with helicopters, mods that have a wound system, others that improved the AI, great islands, etc. And what gave us BI? The same things, with improved graphics and new animations. Where are the real changes to the game? 3d editor, FLIR system, real physics, no more hit points system for vehicles...

How much more time should we keep supporting BI, in order to really have a game that deserves the "new" word?

I'll buy the game, probably when the price drops and it's all patched up, but only because of one thing: THE COMMUNITY OF PLAYERS THAT PLAYS IT!

Edited by Jorge.PT

I'm happy with it.

Nothings perfect. First patch in day one?

You can have quite a few beta testers and still not find some bugs. Different ingame setups means a lot of of combinations have to be done to find some bugs. When it's first released theres a lot more people doing a lot more combinations of setups and settings etc - this is when certain bugs appear.

I'm not pointing this at anyone in particular, but the amount of time some people spend complaining could be spent better on making a decent bug report on the forums. That way you will more likely get it fixed in a future patch as its easier to understand to the developers.

A patch in day one? That surely isn't that bad on the bug fixing side - especially from a small team like BIS.

Not a troubleshooting thread and no more than a rant thread so no purpose in keeping open.