Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Console and the PC are dead as gaming platforms so where now?

I'm not sure I know the distinction between console, PC, tablet etc. They all have something in common - they're all developed initially on a PC. I reckon that's why most games are even now also released on PC, because that's where they already are. Don't bother me with exceptions - I know they exist.

When I see no more games for the PC I will call the PC dead as a gaming platform. Until then I'll just play some PC games. :)

It does not matter what plattform, virtual electronic entertainment is dead, simply because it turned into a nuisance instead of entertainment.

The Industrie wil milk the last few addicts but sooner or later somethign else wil have to coem up, somethign that does not try to entertain you by sittign in front of a screen getting fat.

Sports anyone??

It does not matter what plattform, virtual electronic entertainment is dead, simply because it turned into a nuisance instead of entertainment.

The Industrie wil milk the last few addicts but sooner or later somethign else wil have to coem up, somethign that does not try to entertain you by sittign in front of a screen getting fat.

Ever heard of indie developers? Cause you're kinda in the forums of one... :p

fire-ipad.jpg

What happens when you overclock your iPad to run Arma2. Also where do I plug in my footpedals, joystick and TrackIR?

Edited by PELHAM

Do these threads EVER stop? :O

I'm surprised Walker hasn't done a "2012 - end of the world" thread yet.

I know but be honest, it's also the same game here for 11 years and we did the same repetetive stuff in this years playing it like in 2001.

virtual gaming as a whole gats boring and I find myself doing real physical stuff more and more again. Doing al that vebntourous stuff in video game, no matter what plattform, is basically the same like having sex with one of these japanese sex robot dolls doll no matter how real "it" might me manufactured, its fake.

Edited by Beagle

The RealDoll is a life-size sex doll (also considered a mannequin) manufactured by Abyss Creations in San Marcos, California, and sold worldwide.
with one of these japanese sex robot dolls doll

Although i agree with you, still when trying to make a point, you should at least read the first line of the article you're linking to. Or belongs California to Japan now? US apologies for atomizing Hiroshima?

And they do feel extrmely natural.....i've heard....a friend said.....what he read......ah f***, can someone point me the direction for back to topic, please?

Hi all

Just to make it clear I do not like Battlefield!

But as a pointer to where things are going:

iQnLOCrZaWg

Bare in mind that I can already play my Android games, including a race driving sim and a 3D MMOG space sim in Full HD on my TV.

Kind Regards walker

There's more than a little irony here considering that Battlefield 3 Aftershock was permanently pulled by EA because of multiple issues including unusable controls.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/1/2836409/battlefield-3-aftershock

The very notion of tablets replacing the PC and consoles as gaming platforms is hilariously ridiculous. Yes, the mobile gaming market is booming, but there are genres that simply cannot translate to that medium. First person shooters are a prime example, as MrBumps link shows. The sales numbers for games like COD and BF are in the double digit millions and steadily rising, despite the mobile and tablet boom.

The way I see it, mobile gaming is mostly opening up a whole new, wider market - tapping new resources, so to speak - not conquering the existing one. Cheap casual games are making games more accessable to a wider spectrum of people, but that doesn't mean PC and console games and gamers are simply going to vanish into thin air.

Edited by MadDogX

Myke;2119905']

And they do feel extrmely natural.....i've heard....a friend said.....what he read......ah f***' date=' can someone point me the direction for back to topic, please?[/quote']

Agalmatophilia? Serious condition lol :D If there is a self help group I bet they don't allow partners to go along lol.

Edited by PELHAM

Also, if you plug a keyboard and extra monitor into a device that has silicon chips on it, that runs the same OS software & games and has touch screen but mouse option, isnt that just a PC?

Talk about reinventing the wheel, tablets are a new money making market to act like pc (only to expand on being just like a pc ... which we have!?) based on all that people want from a tablet to like it, they are a cut down "all in one" with the only way to upgrade is a new one, upgrading is the reason PC aren't dead, lets really get to the point. You think all the hardware manufacturers are going to let that all go and promote it as dead? In the economy world wide we have right now?

Stop being blind sighted by future society balls, and look at the industrial aspect.

It like saying land lines/phones are dead becuase we have mobiles ... they aren't are they.

Seems to me that its only dead in your mind due to acceptance and persuasion by "futurists" and people wanting to reinvent the wheel and another money making market, both go hand in hand.

Edited by mrcash2009

A better field of applications for Tablets would be as a 2nd monitor for games. With their touchscreens, they would be very nice MFDs or maps/menues.

Roccat is making this app here for phones already:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/06/roccat-puts-pc-game-controls-on-your-phone/

Interesting idea. I think I found an app for this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilepcmonitor

I will give it a try and report how its going.

OK I tested the App and I think it is quite usefull evn for gaming.

The downsides are that you have to install additional software on your PC (that had to be expected) and that you can´t monitor your GPU temps.

Does somebody know an app that lets you do this?

OK I tested the App and I think it is quite usefull evn for gaming.

The downsides are that you have to install additional software on your PC (that had to be expected) and that you can´t monitor your GPU temps.

Does somebody know an app that lets you do this?

I was more aiming at actual maps/questlists/inventories/Journals/quickslots for games ;)