Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Aplion is out ... (open A2 imports content)

Hi guys,

as I'm modding since the beggining of ArmA 1 era, I've decided to take a long brake.

In fact I'm very disappointed by the way BIS is working on ArmA 3 as, from my point of view, they only seem to be caring about minor bugs fixing, doing almost nothing to improve game's main engine, performance and AI behavior (which are the most serious issues IMHO).

Anyway this post doesn't made on purpose to be against BIS but to inform all of you about my current status and who knows at the future if some serious improvements will be done, I'll be back on business.

Based on that, I thought that it will be better to freely give to the community all my ArmA 2 imports unbinarized, so anyone wants to be able to continue and improve my so far work on that subject. After all, these models are BIS property.

So here you are ...

ArmA2 US Helis Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/cibb7npbawqnebv/HAFM_ArmA2_Helis_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 HMMWVs Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0wp92ahm9bdwr2y/HAFM_ArmA2_HMMWV_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 UAZs Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/px9shilcp21c1x6/HAFM_ArmA2_East_Wheeled_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 UK vehicles Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/p1k9s9ymmp3pcth/HAFM_ArmA2_UK_Wheeled_UNBINED.rar

Note 1 : these files are given "as is" and no further help will be provided by my side.

Note 2 : anyone wants to make changes on these files, is free to proceed at will.

Aplion

Edited by Aplion
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work Aplion. I hope you aren't away for too long !

ευχαÏιστώ πολÏ! Thank you very much Aplion for all what you have done for this community!

I personally enjoy all of your addons, and use them most of the time.

Hope that BI will improve the game enough so you can come back and enjoy it too.

Tough to hear. Has your frustration grown over time up to this point or has something triggered you?

Skilled modders are getting fewer and fewer and I wonder what the reason might be :rolleyes:

I have spend many hours with your addons. They have added many hours of great gameplay to my arma-experience.

I hope you will come back soon.:pray:

He isnt leaving for good (unless he somehow gets banned while gone which i dont see happening) he said so in post, but its our duty as the ArmA Community to follow up on his wishes

Thanks for all your work - much appreciated

cheers

Hey brother we all need a break, I took a long one after OFP. ;) thanks for your quality work, and that was real cool of you to release unbinarized helos. Thanks again

Sorry to see you go, but thanks for your fine work.

I'm sure your models will be of great help to those of us still struggling to understand it all

Enjoy your retirement!

Arma would be nothing without their Modding Community and more and more Modders are taking a long break in case of the devs importance to choice what they fix. It´s really sad.

Take your time Aplion, you deserved it :)

It's tough to see you go: I've used a lot of your addons in the past. However, with these ubinarized sources I'm sure that this'll be a great educational opportunity and a wonderful resource for us all.

Take as much time as you need, man.

Thanks for all the help you've rendered unto me Aplion! Hope you come back and make us proud!

It was great having contact with you and trying to help work on some of your aircraft. You might as well consider releasing those balanced unbinarized models here. I can send you a zip of them again if you would like.

Its great to see these buildings for A3, top quality. However, not all are AI friendly, most though are, so your forgiven..;)

Thanks for sharing these.:)

Edit: Only just read the first post, its a great shame you feel that way, but completely understandable. Many thanks for sharing your great work.

Edited by ChrisB

Thnx for you're work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

thanks again for this great contribution to the modding community, we will try our best to address your concerns too

that's definitely a loss, I hope it's just a break and you are not gone for good (or "bad" actually).

I can sympathise with your frustrations Aplion. Sorry to see you go, but thanks for the parting gesture. These MLODs will help me in my own modding endeavours.

Sorry to see you go Aplion, one of the best modders on the forum if you ask me.

I am sure these files will be very helpful to new modders all over the forum.

This is a very sad day. I am very sorry to see you go, but i understand your fusteration.

You have done some very good work and by releasing your source hopefully others will have a fighting chance to honor your work.

Thank you very much for your time, your work and this big help. You will be missed.

hey ap, come have a fly with us in unsung soon buddy

i'm keen to show you the fruits of your labours in full force, as the intruder and F4 swoops in for the kill...

i've downloaded your models as i'm working on some brit stuff at the moment. we may add something to your stock here.

anyway, i share your frustrations, as many do, and wish you a good rest man. i also feel A3 is currently too big a lift to try to make re modding. i'm juts sticking with A2 for now and loving what we're doing in it!

so yeah, drop by man, and speak soon.

tha ce xanatho pali (i think)

EB