Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

But... wouldn't it do that in RL up to a certain extend? I mean now compared to no light at all.

thats not an illumination, its just a reflective material on the ground. i guess that the fire will have an light source like it had since ofp, the question is more, whether the shadow cast is propper...all titles until now had not a good shadow cast engine. hope to see some improvement on that :) but it looks very promessing with the new direct x shaders!!

But... wouldn't it do that in RL up to a certain extend? I mean now compared to no light at all.

Yes it would, however we already know they are not using shadows for these kind of lights. Fire probably has small radius (lighting radius), otherwise I think it would light up the interior just like in Arma 2 (flat).

new reveal will be released @1900 or @1700 ?

Reveal? What about will be that reveal?

I thought it may be today because it is Thursday and they released that screen yesterday but they tend to tweet about these things so.. who knows.

@danny - just a few screens "this week"

They never said it would be today.

They never say what day its going to be. But every ArmA3 announcement, every devblog or report in has been on Thursday. I just hope thats the case today...

Announcement is always Thursday :)

It's true, Thursday is a truly splendid day for such activity!

Yet, our news this week (hm, what could it be?! oh, yeah... E3! :)) is also tied to other BIS activities, so I'm afraid we're all at the mercy of the dreaded Soonâ„¢!

But, since you guys waited so elegantly (how very un-internet of you), here's a wee graphic from our soonâ„¢-to-be released update! :)

No, it sure ain't much, but it gives you the basic idea about how our E3 content is shaping up, and we promise to try our best to provide much, much more info about that... wait for it... soonâ„¢! :)

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Yet, our news this week (hm, what could it be?! oh, yeah... E3! :)) is also tied to other BIS activities, so I'm afraid we're all at the mercy of the dreaded Soonâ„¢!

But, since you guys waited so elegantly (how very un-internet of you), here's a wee graphic from our soonâ„¢-to-be released update! :)

No, it sure ain't much, but it gives you the basic idea about how our E3 content is shaping up, and we promise to try our best to provide much, much more info about that... wait for it... soonâ„¢! :)

Best,

RiE

I recognized about a month or two ago that you had another set of pics with the prefix "JAC". Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does "JAC" stand for?

Best,

RiE

Let me add that His Royal Exilenessness has also promised to provide us with HD versions of said materials. I have no way to prove this, but you should totally believe me. I mean WHY WOULDN'T BI upload said screen captured videos to a file hosting site instead of youtube where the videos suffer from compression.

Nice teaser though ;)

I recognized about a month or two ago that you had another set of pics with the prefix "JAC". Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does "JAC" stand for?

Oops, that's just a tag for internal naming/ being able to find things in a sea of clutter :)

Moved the file to something much more welcoming :p

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

They never say what day its going to be. But every ArmA3 announcement, every devblog or report in has been on Thursday. I just hope thats the case today...

No news today :( But, E3 is less than a week away, so I guess that's soonâ„¢. Can't wait.

A campaign mission?! Could it be a playable demo?! IsHjf?!?

This is gonna be the best E3 ever:)

GreatTM, i gonna buy a brand new F5 key.

My F5 key is screaming in horror.

And what about my :icon_twisted: - key?

My F5 key is screaming in horror.

f5bis.jpg

Edited by ProfTournesol