SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Hey I44 team, question for you,

I had uploaded I44 onto my FTP for my gameserver, and have all the files, mod works fine in sp and mp on own host.

But on the game server the server will not start with @I44, when I take @I44 out of the command line and only have just @CBA,

then the server shows, I also have the latest CBA, and the server version is 1.60 is there something i need to know, I mean I have the full version of I44 2.6,

and its patched with your latest patch, I have the bikey file in the keys folder on my end and on the server end.

This is not the first mod I have run on my server, all the mod I put on will show, just not this one.

maybe I missed something.

here is the RPT from my server below is the latest 2 time stamps:

=====================================================================
== c:\servers\warmod\exec_warmod.exe
== -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@I44
Exe timestamp: 2011/12/22 16:57:14
Current time:  2012/04/09 07:26:29

Version 1.60.87548
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\warmod\@I44\addons\ttw_rocks.pbo'. Expected 19000914 B, got 3223552 B

== c:\servers\warmod\exec_warmod.exe
== -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@I44
Exe timestamp: 2011/12/22 16:57:14
Current time:  2012/04/09 07:35:05

Version 1.60.87548
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\warmod\@I44\addons\ttw_rocks.pbo'. Expected 19000914 B, got 3223552 B

The command line --> -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@I44 is correct, as without @I44 I can play any mp mission, and most mission I play are custom,

in fact, my buddy and I were on the server last night playing, so Im assuming the issue has to do with the ttw_rocks.pbo

Should I reinstall that file, or what am I to do?

I'd guess from looking at that error, that the file ttw_rocks.pbo was corrupted during the upload as its showing as being a smaller file size than it should be. Try re-uploading that file and trying again. If it STILL generates the same error, I'm not sure what to suggest. However, the likely result will be it will either work, or the filename in the error report will be replaced with another file (likely corrupted in a similar fashion upon upload).

Hi, thanks Jackal326 for your reply, i was actually coming back right away to edit my post and say that I had deleted the file on the ftp,

and reuplaoded the file, and restarted the server and it worked!

Apparently as you said the file was corrupted, I just tried one of the missions, and it ran np,

this is great, now I can play I44 on my server!

Thanks for your help anyways.

Hey gnat any chance you'll be working with the I44 team to add your FW190,I like that model [/Quote]

THIS

..and I took off to reach the High Altitude bombing point at 9150Meters Up (= to 30,000ft ) and No matter how hard i tried to baby it I cant get it above max Altitude 8,800 Meters...

Maybe lower your expectations to 3048M (10,000') This was they typical bombing alt of a B-17.

Pac, Very Sexy photos of the Panzer II ! To me it was like seeing a shiny new bike under the Christmas tree when I was a kid! Panzer II Love!! TY so much!

Also Yac nice job on the M1 - nice and grainy with the wood.

Snorri, You've impressed me with your textures for years! Maybe if it's not to much trouble, and you have some time, could you throw up a texture and UV unwrapping tutorial?

Great job guys.....

In the aviation enthusiasm of the 1930s, it was popular to claim that Air Corps bombardiers could drop a bomb into a pickle barrel from high altitude. In 1940, Theodore H. Barth, president of Carl L. Norden Inc., said that "we do not regard a 15-foot square ... as being a very difficult target to hit from an altitude of 30,000 feet," provided the bombardier was using that company’s new M-4 bombsight connected to an autopilot.SOURCE--->:(http://www.airforce-magazine.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/2008/October%202008/1008daylight.aspx) Its a common misconception that has been spread about the B-17 Though I had heard it I didn't believe it I just like to try for it.

I have always heard they used this Altitude for Extreme High altitude bombing so that's what I aimed for I know though that the Requirement issued for the Bombers was to have an ability to drop and hit at 10,000 though . I considered this but I like to try for the( Oxygen on Altitude) when I'm flying the B-17 as well as for testing the Capabilities of this Particular B-17 for one of the missions I'm testing. I agree though with you for Arma2 10,000 should be considered as the High Altitude Not to mention there's no G effects when in the I44 Aircraft so there's no Oxygen needed would be cool if we had it though.

Many in Europe remember that B-17s flew high to avoid German flak but that their accuracy compromised as a result (thousands of civilians were killed as a result of bombs missing their targets).

Is there any future plans of adding Lancasters as well?

They did operate during the night mostly and were easy pray for Bf-110/Ju-88 night fighters.

I wonder if such a plane with upwards shooting cannon would be added, would it really affect the physics whils firing such gun?

(At least I've read somewhere that some Bf-110 were modified with such guns)

Hmmm, aren't those WW2 islands/maps a bit too small for realistic air combat and bombing raids? Chernarus is maybe good enough but a way too modern for WW2 time. Imo you would need bigger WW2 maps/islands so pilots don't have to be spawn right into any battle. On the other hand there were only a very few air-to-air battles at D-Day and later over Normandy. By spring 1944 the Allies were in control of the air over Germany. The P-51 just made it final....

There are lots of players who are reluctant to download mods (especially big ones) as well as those who tend to stick to SP. A decent campaign for i44 would encourage players to download the mod; the remarkable quality of i44 cannot fail to impress them & tend to whet their appetite for some MP action. I'm in the second category partly because I'm limited to mobile BB, & also 'cos I'm still crap as a player & likely to be more dangerous to team-mates than to the enemy :eek:

Heh, when I get my HAC + DAC Podagorsk campaign worth releasing I might just have a go at an i44 one (but please don't hold your breath, I find blue faces frightfully unappealing).

BR

Orcinus

Quoted for truth... the difficulty in Arma mod management keeps a lot of players from bothering. Let's hope they fix this in Arma 3.

I've been tinkering with HAC in SP mode.... very cool scripts. This HAC + DAC campaign of your sounds very interesting :bounce3:

Quoted for truth... the difficulty in Arma mod management keeps a lot of players from bothering. Let's hope they fix this in Arma 3.

I've been tinkering with HAC in SP mode.... very cool scripts. This HAC + DAC campaign of your sounds very interesting :bounce3:

Heh, also thinking about an i44 SP HAC + DAC campaign-in-a-mission - as well as one on the lovely new Lingor. I think once I get the bugs ironed out for the Podagorsk one, porting the design should be fairly straightforward. The nice thing about DAC is not having to place all the units, just add the classnames into the config files. Will probably not have time to do an i44 version before the 2.7 release.

BR

Orcinus

Heh, also thinking about an i44 SP HAC + DAC campaign-in-a-mission - as well as one on the lovely new Lingor. I think once I get the bugs ironed out for the Podagorsk one, porting the design should be fairly straightforward. The nice thing about DAC is not having to place all the units, just add the classnames into the config files. Will probably not have time to do an i44 version before the 2.7 release.

I would be happy to help out if I can.. also I have most i44 units now in various DAC config files (camps, units, arty) although having problems getting DAC arty to work in game (always aborts the request). Let me know if these files would be useful and I can fire them over.

I would be happy to help out if I can.. also I have most i44 units now in various DAC config files (camps, units, arty) although having problems getting DAC arty to work in game (always aborts the request). Let me know if these files would be useful and I can fire them over.

Cheers :)

I'll let you know when I'm ready to start. Happy to collaborate on that one. In the meantime - I had problems with the arty as well even in vanilla CO; I now use either Rydygier's Fire at Will or BlakeAce's Forward Observer, both work fine with DAC or HAC or both. Haven't tried with i44 yet. If you use BlakeAce's FO with HAC might be best to exclude the observers & support team from HAC.

It would be great if you could post your I44 DAC configs in the official DAC config thread. It will save me bugging you via PM!

After a fews days work Im happy to say I have accomplished what I set to do, though I didn't think it would fit I did it anyway. After hours of tedious work and lots of patience I have finished my large classic A style Vintage WWII Airfield on Merderet River for My bomber missions I am proud to present RAF Molesworth Home of the 303rd Bombardment Group "Hells Angels" B-17s Built from original images of the Airfield to match within Sim limitations the look and feel of the Classic Bomber Airfield. Hope you guys like it I plan on releasing it. I still want to do a German POW Camp but Ive been Busy. Once I get my templates out for the I44 Mod and release either this is a Mod/mission not sure which I want to do yet I would like to start work on the Camp/s. Not sure when you guys will be done with the newest updates for the aircraft so Im kinda nervous about doing any large missions with the Aircraft at the minute.

VIDEO Link to a Flyby of the Airfield very short and Brief.

RAF Molesworth Home of the 303rd Bombardment Group.

arma2oa2012041018555178.jpg

Some different Angle pics as well

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7356/arma2oa2012041019430533.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4084/arma2oa2012041019493474.jpg

A Group Photo recreated within Sim limitations to match the Original Real Hells Angels Group Photo.

303rdbgarma2resize.jpg

Above Group Photo with a few years added to it in Black & White http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/77/303rdbgarma2blackwhite.jpg

Thanks Invasion 1944 Team for all your efforts. God I love this mod.

You guys have any plans on adding more Aircraft and Objects to the mod for users to create missions with? One thing I missed that I haven't seen yet is the various types of aircraft hangars besides just the Default ones and some Airfield Objects and Allied Bunkers would be nice but with no maps having airfields as of yet I wont keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by Eaglezero6205
Fixed an Image that was over 100kb My apologies NEW one is 72kb

After a fews days work Im happy to say I have accomplished what I set to do, though I didn't think it would fit I did it anyway. After hours of tedious work and lots of patience I have finished my large classic A style Vintage WWII Airfield on Merderet River for My bomber missions I am proud to present RAF Molesworth Home of the 303rd Bombardment Group "Hells Angels" B-17s Built from original images of the Airfield to match within Sim limitations the look and feel of the Classic Bomber Airfield. Hope you guys like it I plan on releasing it. I still want to do a German POW Camp but Ive been Busy. Once I get my templates out for the I44 Mod and release either this is a Mod/mission not sure which I want to do yet I would like to start work on the Camp/s. Not sure when you guys will be done with the newest updates for the aircraft so Im kinda nervous about doing any large missions with the Aircraft at the minute.

You guys have any plans on adding more Aircraft and Objects to the mod for users to create missions with? One thing I missed that I haven't seen yet is the various types of aircraft hangars besides just the Default ones and some Airfield Objects and Allied Bunkers would be nice but with no maps having airfields as of yet I wont keep my fingers crossed.

That airfield is great :)

I wonder if it would be possible to get DAC to build whole airfields like that one? A combination of Camp configuration & Object spawning, maybe. One advantage would be that it's easy to add in new &/or delete deprecated items. Plus you could place them anywhere as long as there is a sufficiently large & flat space.

POW camps would be cool, too. Look forward to seeing how that goes.

BR

Orcinus

That airfield is great :)

I wonder if it would be possible to get DAC to build whole airfields like that one? A combination of Camp configuration & Object spawning, maybe. One advantage would be that it's easy to add in new &/or delete deprecated items. Plus you could place them anywhere as long as there is a sufficiently large & flat space.

POW camps would be cool, too. Look forward to seeing how that goes.

BR

Orcinus

I definitely agree with you on this. I can imagine a mission Escape from Chernarus but i44 flavour. No exfiltration by helo, only chance reach the border or ... hijack an enemy aircraft from a nearby airfield!?

Eaglezero6205

Please review the rules for posting images. Your image was over the 100 KB limit.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Cheers :)

In the meantime - I had problems with the arty as well even in vanilla CO; I now use either Rydygier's Fire at Will or BlakeAce's Forward Observer, both work fine with DAC or HAC or both. Haven't tried with i44 yet. If you use BlakeAce's FO with HAC might be best to exclude the observers & support team from HAC.

Thanks for the tips I will try that out. I have DAC arty firing in vanilla CO but for some reason cannot make it work in i44.

It would be great if you could post your I44 DAC configs in the official DAC config thread. It will save me bugging you via PM!

There is an ENTIRE THREAD for DAC configs?? lol.. don't know how I missed that?? :butbut:

Happy to post them there especially since I used your spreadsheet to get most of the classnames. I'll need to do a bit of cleanup so they look pretty and will post them up when finished.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I wonder if it would be possible to get DAC to build whole airfields like that one? A combination of Camp configuration & Object spawning, maybe. One advantage would be that it's easy to add in new &/or delete deprecated items. Plus you could place them anywhere as long as there is a sufficiently large & flat space.Orcinus

I would think you could do it with camp configs as long as there isn't a 'size' limit to a camp.. would be tricky to get all the objects placed correctly. With object spawning can you specify object locations/orientation within the area (like using a game logic to specify a camp location within a zone) or is it always random?

saw your post just now I changed the image and re posted it smaller size at 11am this morning,after seeing the the RED >100. I also sent you a PM just to make sure everything else is ok as well.

Im glad you guys like it took some time that's for sure. As for the camps with DAC Ive seen a lot done with DAC I suppose its possible even for a very detailed camp however that is alot of work no doubt the Airfield on the other hand I don't know about because I use MAPEU (Map editor Upgrade)

so the Objects armt all from I44 and the classnames and such may or may not jive I know when I built my Compound on my Mission Special forces Snakeplain I got a few errors about class names using MAPEU. Not to mention you would have to spawn about 500 large Grass cuttters LOL. I believe it wouldn't do well on frames. Most the camps Ive seen built via DAC are usally small Infantry spawn encampments.My airstrips Axis and Allied I see as possible on the other hand they were made to be easy on frames and simple.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

it would be cool to kind of waco and Horsa gliders

Cool PakUK I thought you forgot about those camo netted helmets LOL... I totally agree with archsceptic. I think the regular infantry need nice camo netting like the Airborne, just the netting only, without the camo shrubs. Cheers man and keep up the awesome work.;)

Im glad you guys like it took some time that's for sure. As for the camps with DAC Ive seen a lot done with DAC I suppose its possible even for a very detailed camp however that is alot of work no doubt the Airfield on the other hand I don't know about because I use MAPEU (Map editor Upgrade)so the Objects armt all from I44 and the classnames and such may or may not jive I know when I built my Compound on my Mission Special forces Snakeplain I got a few errors about class names using MAPEU. Not to mention you would have to spawn about 500 large Grass cuttters LOL. I believe it wouldn't do well on frames. Most the camps Ive seen built via DAC are usally small Infantry spawn encampments.My airstrips Axis and Allied I see as possible on the other hand they were made to be easy on frames and simple.

MAPEU is part of the standard DAC v3c download. In any event Lester told me some time ago he would have no problem with me including the pbo in a package as long as it's unaltered (or did you mean there's conflict between i44 & MAPEU classnames?).

As for grasscutters - that hadn't occurred to me, LOL Duh! OTOH B-17s & even B-29s as well as Lancasters, Halifaxes, & many types of smaller aircraft flew from grass airfields such as Rougham. BTW, there's a brief but very interesting account of one B-17 airman's experiences in WWII Europe (including taking part in the 2 key raids that destroyed the Nazi's attempts to build an A-bomb) here:

http://aafo.com/library/history/B-17/thisisit.htm

Dunno if there's a model that might pass for the metal mesh used to support the planes especially in wet weather.

BR