Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Hazar-Kot Valley - Release Thread

hazkot.jpg

v.1.0

This is the first release of my new map, it's basically two types of terrain, the outer valley is a large desert-area with some hills and ridges, sporadic vegetation and rocks with a small run-down town consisting of several compounds, as well as a couple of compounds outside the town.

The inner valley is a rugged, rocky terrain with dense vegetation (mostly bushes) and sporadic settlements and ruined compounds and buildings on some ridges and mountains, aswell as a few caves, providing much cover and defensive positions for whoever holds it.

More information, installation instructions, known bugs etc. can be found in the readme, please note that there might still be some issues with the map, especially with SSM Airstrikes not working properly, so be sure to report any bugs and issues. I won't commit to any major changes of the map however, right now I just want to polish it up and fix problems.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

(mirrors are welcome)

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC.COM

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMED ASSAULT INFO

DOWNLOAD FROM MULTIUPLOAD

SIX UPDATER PORTAL LINK:

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

SCREENSHOTS:

(even more screenshots are in my discussion-thread)

screenshot1zay.th.jpgscreenshot3nk.th.jpgscreenshot2yl.th.jpghazkot12.th.jpghazkot9.th.jpg

More screenshots by community memebers:

Two screenshots by Clarkey1.

Screenshot by metalcraze.

VIDEOS:

Nighttime Firefight

Missionpack with 5 versions of Counter Insurgency (by [ASA]ODEN):

Link to forum post

CREDITS:

McNools - The main work, Visitor 3 editing, config editing, some ground-texture changes, design etc. etc.

Bohemia Interactive - For all the models used on the map, most of the original textures, for making this possible by giving us Visitor 3 and the rest of the Tools, thank you!

SgtAce - For the tutorial sample map etc.

Robster - For the snow-textures I used when making my own, and much advice on Visitor 3, configs etc.

Minimalaco

Thromp

Sickboy

Mondkalb

Bushlurker

And many more members of the community - For plenty of config-help, Visitor 3 advice etc. etc. Seriously, without all these helpful people this map wouldn't have been made.

Colonel Stagler - Beta testing, ideas (adding more ruined compounds and buildings to the map for instance) etc.

Blackfox34 - Beta testing

CameronMcDonald - Beta testing

Fox '09 - Beta testing

Lennard - Beta testing

MadDogX - Beta testing

Enad - Beta testing

The rest of the guys of TF86 - Beta Testing

The guys of Task Force Blackjack - Beta testing

..And many more members of the community for support, advice etc. Thank you all!

Edited by McNools

Oh yes! I forgot about that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edit: By the way, forgot to mention another known 'issue': There are no keypoints for the AI for warfare-mode (I'm not even sure how it works), this is mostly just because I didn't feel the map would be suitable for the warfare mode with buildings etc. Since the the map is so small (doesn't feel that small when you play on it though, but it would probably feel very crammed in warfare mode), and there are mostly just small villages and settlements and no real places to defend apart from ridges etc.

Edited by McNools

Thanks bro, awesome looking map! did the usual virgin map exploring with onmapsinglemouseclick thingy, very authentic looking!

We have done some late Beta testing on this map and I have to say its very nicely done.

We have all commented about how natural this looks, the mountainous areas in particular seem very natural the contours and rocks being typical of this very rugged region.

FPS is still good despite all the detail in the central region.

Nice job McNool !

Just did a quick fly-over... Wow, man, that map is beautiful! Can't wait to play some Coops on it!

Nice job! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone :) Your praise is a nice christmas-present! I just spent about 40 minutes fighting over Hazar-Kedh in the outer valley with british soldiers, that town is a bloody death-trap, all those bushes and irrigation-ditches gives the enemy plenty of places to hide. There was a lot of grenades being thrown, I can tell you that much. And all the while machinegun fire was coming down from the ridges despite our efforts to neutralize them with artillery.

I'm looking forward to seeing user-made missions on this map!

working on one at the moment actually, though i can't seem to get ambient civ's to work, i chuck down the modual and run the debug in the modual init and all it show are areas for the towns with -1 0/0 for the markers no matter how close or how long i wait, no civs spawn, any ideas guys?

McNools thanks so much for this magnificent map. Looks beautiful and feels incredibly realistic (not that I've been to Afghanistan), and performs fantastically. We are really spoilt for great user made central Asian maps lately!

I've waited for this one so long! Thank you!

now i just gotta wait for that damned steam to update my game so i can start enjoying =)

working on one at the moment actually, though i can't seem to get ambient civ's to work, i chuck down the modual and run the debug in the modual init and all it show are areas for the towns with -1 0/0 for the markers no matter how close or how long i wait, no civs spawn, any ideas guys?

Are you sure your'e using Ambient Civilians (Expansion)? That should work, at least it's working for me.

(thanks again all of you, and thanks for the armaholic-release!)

nice work what about 3-5 mpmissions for this island will be great on ace2 with acre radio mods about canvoy or kill some fames terorists/or mpmissions like domination

Great little map.

I set up a quick mission in the editor with ACE with a USMC squad sweeping a series of peaks featuring random enemy patrols. On one play through the squad passed through a rock cluster. I walked around one of the rocks right into an enemy (fog on almost to full). He fires and misses but my burst gets him and then all hell breaks loose. The other enemy patrols hear the contact and move up to engage us - machine gun and rifle fire everywhere and at close range. Was intense and fun. :)