Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Now I know that means that I need arma2 1.60 RC but my unit probably wont update to an RC patch so I wonder is there any workaround to this or am I fucked.

Take a close look here (there might be some hidden secret).

But please be aware that RC5 also contains changes that really need 1.60RC (or newer).

It's about time to get rid of OA patch 1.59, it really is.

And maybe to understand better why the decision was taken take a look here (if you've missed it).

Xeno

Congratulations guys. You made Arma the best gaming experience ever. I owe you hundreds of hours full of fun and exitement and I'm really happy to hear that you will work on ACE3.

I still remember my first hours with ACE2 during the closed Beta. I was amazed by the few features that were present in this early stage (Weapon resting, backblast, some cqb sights and others) and now look at what ACE2 has become! Two years of constant development have made it the best and most gameplay enhancing mod I know (and I don't mean arma mods only)!

I already look forward to test ACE3 and once again admire your creativity.

Take a close look here (there might be some hidden secret).

But please be aware that RC5 also contains changes that really need 1.60RC (or newer).

It's about time to get rid of OA patch 1.59, it really is.

And maybe to understand better why the decision was taken take a look here (if you've missed it).

Xeno

Thx for a reply. I agree with you it realy is the time to get rid of the 1.59 and guys in my unit started to agree on that. Well anyway Xeno keep up the good work cuse you guys are the one that made arma what it is.

Edited by Denco

You guys have done absolutely everything right up until now, and have made ArmA 2 descend to a whole new level.

I'm really happy to hear the ACE team will be back for another round in ArmA 3. Until then I wish you all good luck and thanks for everything! :smile_o:

Is anyone else unable to range grenade launchers up in 1.13 RC5? I get this in my RPT:

File x\ace\addons\sys_sight_adjustment_gl\fnc_keypressed_sa.sqf, line 46
Error in expression <able) - 1;
if (_el < (_table select _c) select 0) then {
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
 Error position: <select 0) then {
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
 Error Generic error in expression
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
 Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

I un-pbo'ed it and took a look at the sqf and can't make heads or tails of it.

Other than that, fantastic work on everything! Looking forward to Arma 3 ACE.

Great news on ACE the third =P A3 is looking good already - just needs some "ACE love"(current real hardware and armed forces) and we're set for yet another epic ride!

Thx ACE team and everyone in teh communitiez kthxbai! )

Thanks all for the wonderful words, appreciated!

Is anyone else unable to range grenade launchers up in 1.13 RC5? I get this in my RPT:

_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
 Error Generic error in expression
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
_el = _el + 50;
_deg = >
 Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

I un-pbo'ed it and took a look at the sqf and can't make heads or tails of it.

Other than that, fantastic work on everything! Looking forward to Arma 3 ACE.

Thanks, but please report issues on our issue tracker ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26964

Fixed+Signed attached, and available as hotfix on the SU Network - Run Verify and Repair on the @ACE mod folder or ACE preset to get.

Thanks to everyone who helped with ACE, you've done an amazing job. ACE is the reason I will buy ArmA 3

I've been trying to join a few ACE servers like the 15th MEU one but I kept getting told that addons like ace.systems.wound have been deleted. Yet they are installed. In fact I tried deleting all of ACE and reinstalling it via SixUpdater. No luck yet.

Maybe I do have the dev build instead of the stable version? Is that what the "D" by the ACE addons means?

If this is the case what do I do? Delete the current ACE folders and download the stable versions from a site like ArmAholic? But then how I do I get SixUpdater to recognize that without trying to update to a dev build?

Maybe this is why the modcheck shows almost all servers as "bad?" If most servers use the stable ACE builds, wouldn't it be better to have SixUpdater install those and make downloading the dev builds a separate option?

D stands for Dependency.

ACE recommends running the latest dev versions, not Stable.

Besides, it won't matter anymore anyway since 1.13 is the last planned version for OA, the latest dev build (1.13 RC5) should become the new Stable next week.

In any case, if you want to run Stable, delete the existing folders and install the Stable. SU will not touch the folders unless you allow it to Convert them.

Bad Server modcheck status is either because you are running modfolders that the server doesn't, or the other way around; the server is running modfolders that you don't. It cannot differentiate between versions of a mod. Also it works incorrectly when beta is enabled currently.

These statuses are only indicators. The sigcheck status should be a better indicator.

Hover over a status to get additional information.

If you are looking for servers running ACE, easiest is to right click the @ACE mod folder and selecting "Find servers with Mod".

If you are looking for signature protected servers that accept the ACE version you have, select "Find servers that except this mods signatures".

What version a server runs is between you and the server admin :)

If the server doesn't run the latest version, they are responsible for getting you the information on how to obtain the mods required for their server. Ideally they run a SU Custom Repository which takes care of everything.

The error you are experiencing seems weird as sys_wounds is auto-loaded. Please reports bugs etc on our issue tracker incl details like RPT file: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Edited by Sickboy

Satchels etc are all managed with the ACE action and interaction menu (bound to your right Windows and Context Menu keys by default - if you don't have these you'll need to rebind them to something useful in the ACE Options menu)

(x Left) .... X is a number, so it'll say something like Put Satchel Charge (2 Left)

So, place the Satchel/C4/mine, interact with it and arm the thing, then arm your clacker in the regular action menu (scroll wheel), press the button, jump 100 foot in the air and spread yourself over a wide area.

Hello guyzz

By mistake my team updated ACE (via S.U.) to the latest version.

We don't want to use the "RC" versions of BIS so now we can't play with ACE.

Is there ANY way to roll back to .520 version??

Hello guyzz

_Why?

Satchels etc are all managed with the ACE action and interaction menu (bound to your right Windows and Context Menu keys by default - if you don't have these you'll need to rebind them to something useful in the ACE Options menu)

(x Left) .... X is a number, so it'll say something like Put Satchel Charge (2 Left)

So, place the Satchel/C4/mine, interact with it and arm the thing, then arm your clacker in the regular action menu (scroll wheel), press the button, jump 100 foot in the air and spread yourself over a wide area.

Cheers mate, it was driving me nuts for a while, i found it eventually, also realized this doesn't work on all content mods maybe? like Staglers spetsnaz.

_Why?

Some of my guys finds all standard-for-most-guys procedures

2 complicated and troublesome.

I m giving battle everytime i want to bring a "new" addition in my team..and make 10 people to do it (You know..all guys above 30+) :D

so..

Any advice for a "roll back" to .520 ? :D

I don´t know, I think the only thing you could do is to revert to the latest stable.

But I advise you to tell your guys how awesome the RC is, no more warping in MP, improved stability etc....

Hello guyzz

There are other (less than optimal) options, like run it with 1.60 betas or 1.59 (see Xeno's last post).

1st of all..thank you all fellas for your interest.

You see..if i could just run the RC patch the same way i do with common beta patches there shouldn't be any problem-because with the "beta's" (i use them always) i have the option to go back to 'old-Vanilla' anytime but..with

the RC patch it does limits my choices/and i love multiple choices in my life in general.. ;)

Just seen the A3 post. Thanks for all your efforts ACE2 guys. It's great to hear that you will be taking this forward into Arma3. Next year will be a good year!

When I say 1.60 betas I mean the ones from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Yes sir! :)

Seeing your post i realized my team and I ,were running the beta patches

until latest version that maintained compatibility with 1.59..the version 86277.

The solution was just..to move forward :D

Thank you ALL guys for the help ;)

How do I roll back ACE version to NOT require the 1.6RC? The server I rent wont update unless the patch is official so I need to roll back my clientside machine and the server to be able to use use my server until the patch is offically out. I use six updater clientside. Thanks

JC