killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Any time :)

In the meantime i've actually pushed it already as CBA hotfix, you can retrieve it by running Verify and Repair on the @CBA modfolder.

(or here; http://rsync.dev-heaven.net:82/rel/cba/.pack/addons/cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo.gz - unpack with Winrar/7z or alike)

You saved our bacon :)

I'm out of town in a few hours until late tomorrow evening, and with our JointOP occurring on Sunday, wouldn't have been able to update our mods until late tomorrow evening (cutting it fine for the potential 60+ we are likely to have attending).

I can now update this now and still have time to head out of town :):yay:

I would argue people shouldn't refer the XEH script files directly, but on the other hand it is easy to add some backwards compatibility for it.

We would rather not have to, it's always a pain having to account for unwanted changes. But as you said:

"As of upcoming ACE version (1.12 RC2), all mods/addons/missions that are using CBA macros, or XEH events, will show major improvements in initialization performance."

We were never happy with XEH performance so didn't have much choice but to devise a way of not forcing it onto the end user, if they didn't need to use it. But good to see people are finally embracing cache code and the persistent name spaces.

The point was using filenames directly as opposed to function names (global variables).

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Also as of XEH 3.03 (nov '10) you could drop the custom XEH implementation stuff probably, as addons without XEH are automatically supported; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers#New-in-303-Extended_FiredBIS_Eventhandlers-and-support-for-addons-that-do-not-support-XEH.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Lastly when experiencing issues with XEH/CBA, incl performance, feel free to create a ticket so we are aware of the issues incl details, and perhaps prevent the need to create custom implementations :)

Edited by Sickboy

The point was using filenames directly as opposed to function names (global variables).

Like I said, we had no choice. At the time that was the only way to allows us to auto detect and activate XEH, if we really had to.

Will have to see how the new XEH works out, global vars is a step in the right direction though.

Like I said, we had no choice. At the time that was the only way to allows us to auto detect and activate XEH, if we really had to.

Will have to see how the new XEH works out, global vars is a step in the right direction though.

XEH uses global variables already since its release in A2, 2 years ago, probably even in the A1 version, anyway, nitpicking.

Why do I face problems with the game using CBA? It freezes and shuts down every time I play with CBA in a mission.

Combined Operations btw, using atleast 6 mods at the same time, haha. Mainly different modfolders, just units and misc placed in one folder, CBA in another, JTD in another, Soundmod in another etc.

Edited by Col.

Why do I face problems with the game using CBA? It freezes and shuts down every time I play with CBA in a mission.

Combined Operations btw.

Please create a ticket with details and your RPT file and we should be able to find out;

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues/new

If you have a specific mission with which you can reproduce the issue, include it as well - this should speed things up :)

In case of using other mods, try without them to see if it's an issue in combination or pure CBA, if you let me know which, I'll start digging to see what's up.

Edited by Sickboy

Trying without JRSL soundmod and SLX now :)

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Looks like it was SLX who crashed the game, anyways thanks for the attention! :D

At newest XEH(3.1.0)of CBA,

JSDFMOD's extended_init_eventhandler don't work.

.rpt says, "Warning Message: Script extended_eventhandlers\InitXEH.sqf not found"

Is this bug or changed feature?

Trying without JRSL soundmod and SLX now :)

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Looks like it was SLX who crashed the game, anyways thanks for the attention! :D

Interesting. Do you know which pbo from SLX was causing the crashes?

At newest XEH(3.1.0)of CBA,

JSDFMOD's extended_init_eventhandler don't work.

.rpt says, "Warning Message: Script extended_eventhandlers\InitXEH.sqf not found"

Is this bug or changed feature?

The bug is that you implemented low level XEH code in JSDF_ACE config, it seems because you wanted to keep the original JSDF mod XEH incompatible and use native eventhandlers (there are many more mods than ACE who use XEH btw).

In JSDF_ACE config:

Please replace all class EventHandlers { init = "XEH stuff"; fired = "XEH stuff"; /* etc etc */ }; with just: class EventHandlers: Extended_EventHandlers {};

Perhaps it's also possible to instead use: delete EventHandlers; so that the XEH EventHandlers classes will be inherited from further up the tree, automatically.

Also you cannot use "exclude" properties when you don't use classes for XEH events;

class JSDF_E767
{
 exclude = "JSDF_KC767";
 JSDF_E767_init = "[_this select 0] execVM ""\JSDF_Air\B767\E767_radar_init.sqf"";";
};

should be

class JSDF_E767 {
    class JSDF {
       exclude = "JSDF_KC767";
       init = "[_this select 0] execVM ""\JSDF_Air\B767\E767_radar_init.sqf"";";
    };
};

Edited by Sickboy

Another question.

At newest XEH(3.1.0)of CBA , Extended_Fired_Eventhandlers array seems...

[unit, weapon, muzzle, mode, ammo, projectile, magazine].

And BIS one is...

[unit, weapon, muzzle, mode, ammo, magazine, projectile].

Should I rewrite our fired script for XEH?

Use FiredBis instead of Fired. This is nothing new though, the fired EH in XEH always had the projectile on _this select 5, even in arma1. The FiredBis handler got added when BIS added the projectile and magazine, about a year ago. To keep backwards compatibility with addons basedon XEH, while also providing the BIS native fired handler.

See http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2008157#post2008157 and related posts for more details.

Edited by Sickboy

One thing i forgot to note Gachopin, "class EventHandlers: Extended_EventHandlers {};"

For this you need to add

class Extended_EventHandlers;

just above class CfgVehicles {

So it will use the Extended_EventHandlers class defined by the XEH addon through inheritance.

I already added that syntax and JSDFMOD updated :D

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Great, and np!

New CBA stable release available with the ACE release: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125130

Official CBA release will soon follow, files will be the same.

Everyone's recommended to update ASAP to this new version, due to Performance Improvements http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Performance_Revolution and other fixes.

For Six Updater users, running Verify and Repair is enough to retrieve hotfixes applied to the latest build, which are included with the stable release.

new cba stable release available with the ace release: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125130

official cba release will soon follow, files will be the same.

Everyone's recommended to update asap to this new version, due to performance improvements http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/performance_revolution and other fixes.

For six updater users, running verify and repair is enough to retrieve hotfixes applied to the latest build, which are included with the stable release.

great and good!

qft :)

New CBA stable release available with the ACE release: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125130

Official CBA release will soon follow, files will be the same.

Everyone's recommended to update ASAP to this new version, due to Performance Improvements

Plz upload the new CBA as soon as possible.

I can't wait to try these "optimisations".

Bravo!