Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Operation Azureus coop 30

Operation Azureus

by

Wiki

Description:

NATO forces have taken the airport, south Takistan, at the beginning of Operation Arrowhead. So now, they can receive armored vehicles and supply.

However, this morning, a US Blackhawk has been shot down over Garmarud during a recon mission, while it was RTB. JSOC has decided to launch a CSAR mission. Hopefully, the pilote managed to give us the GPS coordinates of its crash site, or so he thought.

The objective is simple:

- locate the crash site

- secure it and destroy the down chopper

- get the crew out of there and bring them back to base

Features:

Ground team will have Bradleys and Strykers, or they can go by helicopter.

Air support will be available for ground team: choppers and plane (both need human pilot)

No addon needed

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file in your MPmission folder or install it on your server

Changelog:

v1.4:

-english version

v1.3:

-chopper now spawns at random in the crash site area

-fixed: ending trigger now works properly

-fixed: size of the trigger reduced for objective 2 (secure crash site) - objective will be completed when a) opfor no longer present b) chopper has been destroyed

v1.2:

-added ADO revive (included)

v1.1:

-respawn base now works properly

-stryker med is now mobile respawn

-fixed some bug at objective 2: now, area will be secured when OPFOR is eliminated

Credits & Thanks:

ADO team

Wiki

Requirement:

- Arma 2

Edited by Wiki

just played this one and while the concept is good i got to dislike the "french language only" thing

I guess we needed to:

- find crash site

- secure crash site

- extract

while this reads simple it turned out to be a bit more complicated as we thougt ...

It took us nearly 45min to locate the crash site cause we thougt it should be anywhere near the marker,which turned out it wasnt - it was nearly 2000m off the marker

In these days you should believe something like a radar track or a pilot radio would of make it easier spotting/locating crashsites but no,like said - 45min and 5 deaths later we found it

So how do you secure a crashsite?

We held by it for like 10min and nothing changed,or it did but i didnt realized it did cause my french is miserable as it gets

Disconnected of the server then,this was a quick turn off at least for me

Please make your mission notes/markers in english so people that dont understand french (is it even french?) get a clue on what to do and how

Liked the respawning insurgents,continuesly harrasing us at AO

Nice small mission (when released in english)

*thumbs up*

:D

update version 1.3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UT9RVT0V

see changelog 1st page

I will make an english version asap

@ TheScar:

thanks for playing it, sorry that you got disappointed. Everything is now fixed, and I will release an english version asap. hope you(ll play it again then

Edited by Wiki