Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

USS Nimitz for ArmA II

-Version 0.93 |August 25, 2011

arma22011-02-2510-28-16-74.jpg

Features:

• Working catapults, jet blast deflectors, elevators, arresting cables
  • Custom catapult steam effects and arresting cables animate being caught
  • IFLOLS landing aid system
  • Large hangar bay and other interior spaces
  • Ordnance storage room deep below decks to get munitions from to resupply aircraft on the flight deck
  • Fully customizable briefing room
  • Includes example mission, texture templates, and very detailed and helpful readme concerning scripts for mission-makers and usage for players

For future plans, see the bulletin board inside the carrier, downstairs from the island.

- Version 0.93 Changelog -

• Fixed: Issue where dropped gear on the Nimitz/nearby water would multiply over time until the server ultimately crashed (thanks to ZZEZ again for this).
  • Added: Systems for refueling, rearming, and repairing aircraft. Read new sections of this guide regarding these features. This includes many scripts, actions for players, and a new weapons storage room deep below decks.
  • Added: Davits for the launching and retrieval of Zodiac CRRCs.
  • Added: Steam effect during catapult launches.
  • Added: A few new ordnance container objects that can be placed in the editor. More to come later perhaps.
  • Improved: Catapult launches now have a short but random delay between your salute and your launch.
  • Improved: Arrester cables will now simulate being caught by the tailhook of an aircraft and be pulled out.
  • Improved: Tailhook options now also accessible from a wider angle, allowing more time to set up a landing approach.
  • Changed: Certain high-priority carrier actions have been color-coded and placed at the top of the action menu (whether this stays depends on how many find it annoying).
  • Updated: Test mission to reflect setPosASL requirement (instead of setPos) and to show an ammo-loaded towing tractor, as well as position a jet properly for fuel.

Download Links: 44MB

GameFront (FileFront) < always up-to-date

Armaholic

ArmedAssault

ArmA2Base

Requires:

CBA

ArmA2OA2011-08-2413-28-10-51-1.jpg

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Accidentally left out of the readme (aka things I keep forgetting to put into the readme until after I've uploaded it and am now here to edit this post, /sigh...):

• If you place the standard towing tractor on the carrier, it will automatically be enabled to tow aircraft (all standard BIS aicraft + Ikar's F14 thus far)
  • There are a couple flight training markers I made if anyone wants to use them. Nothing more than colored rings, they can be found under Empty > Targets. You are able to set a texture inside the ring using this setObjectTexture [0,"textureName.paa"];
  • The AI is stubborn and/or retarded when it comes to trying to script them to launch off the carrier, please see this post.

Edited by JDog
MASSIVE Update that's over 9,000!

Sweet! Knew there was a reason for lurking about all day. :D

I'd normally say more, but got things to do now. Like crash into your carrier!

hey nice release ! wooow i can land with my mirage on the nimitz ! what do you plan on the next udapte of the nimitz if you have some idea ?

Great carrier I enjoy it very much.

There is a problem though with the mission that you created. When I start the mission on of the planes behind seems to have no wheels and seems to hover .

I dont know if its only me or if others have the same issues.

Great carrier I enjoy it very much.

There is a problem though with the mission that you created. When I start the mission on of the planes behind seems to have no wheels and seems to hover .

I dont know if its only me or if others have the same issues.

Do the wheels appear if you approach them? If yes, then it might be that the respective LOD of these planes doesn't have wheels. Please check that, approach them until you can see the wheels, then go away again to see if the wheels disappear again.

@topic

excellent, downloading...

[GLT]Myke yes it seems to be a LOD issue. When I come closer to the aircraft the wheels appear for me. Anything I can do about it?

[GLT]Myke yes it seems to be a LOD issue. When I come closer to the aircraft the wheels appear for me. Anything I can do about it?

No, nothing you could do...unless your the creator of this particular addonplane. :p

Out of curiosity, about which plane/addon do we talk about?

The AV-88 Harrier :)

Just fired up ArmA 2. For me, at 230m the AV-8B switches to the lowest LOD which has indeed missing wheels. The other LOD's seem to have the wheels modelled.

can't say to much got to keep on looking at the amazing work :) (and try to find the briefing room :( )

edit : Found the briefing room :) i realy love this baby, now we need mando to put it in the mando missiles (template) and then the reds better look out :)

Edited by supergruntsb78

Hmm, should have looked here, before going home for lunch... i would definitly taken a look. Now i cant wait until I get home... Thanks for that :P Barrely can sit still here at work... :rolleyes::D

Congrats on the release! :cool:

Thanks!

Hmm, should have looked here, before going home for lunch... i would definitly taken a look. Now i cant wait until I get home... Thanks for that :P Barrely can sit still here at work... :rolleyes::D

Ill try it for you :D

Great work JDog, very nice :)

Been watching this one for a long time thank you so much for making this, I have some tweaked AI Mando Land - Takeoff Script I have been using the the QE that I can't wait to try on this!

Well Done!

Great addon m8,

tnks for the great work!

The take of is fantastic ! "salute"

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Protip: do not use the Elevator when you are in a vehicle,you will glitch under it. Nice work nonetheless and i lol'ed at the briefing room (operation Sandwich ftw)

Hmmm Charles which vehicle was in that you "glitched under"? And I'm guessing this happened while going UP? Also yea I'm aware of the LOD-switching issue for the planes, don't know if its maybe because of the size of the ship or the amount of polys?

Also... I don't think I mention in the readme file but if you put a towing tractor on the carrier you'll be able to tow aircraft. At least all standard BIS aircraft + Ikar's F14.

Edited by JDog

Thank you very much. This is absolutely awesome. It makes landing an Aircraft so much more har... ehhh I mean enjoyable.

Thanks for your hard work.

cheers