Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

That makes sense, in this case if I were to tamper with OA's humvees I could say link the interior in OA and it would therefore say you need OA?

When you made the pbo did you copy the config or make your own? I'm afraid codework is my biggest weakpoint. Right now the only way I am getting away with this is by using my own addon folder of the retextured pbo.

Edited by NodUnit

Yes, keeping a path like that (in the .p3d) would create the dependency you need.

For configs, you need a new value for the model (and anything else you want changed), so yes, it needs its own.

But it is basically a inheritance tree based on OA's, with (a minimum) of one value changed in the humvee class(or whatever else).

Nod Unit

Nod Units HMMWV looks good, hope you do not experience any serious problems regarding texturing.

I'm trying myself on a tank. The goal is to have less than 8000 polys, with gunner interior (since the turret is open to the top)

tankzyvz.png

tank2ixdq.png

Nod Units HMMWV looks good, hope you do not experience any serious problems regarding texturing.

I'm trying myself on a tank. The goal is to have less than 8000 polys, with gunner interior (since the turret is open to the top)

(I can't really call them "mine", their still BIS I'm just changing their textures) You jinxed me good sir. For some reason the textview isn't reading the files, hoping that a reinstall will fix it..but for now I have a sudden desire to work on something else...

By the way what vehicle is that? Good luck with the 8K, it looks good so far on the outside :)

I've posted this thread on wrong forum... (A1 WIP) so i'm now posting there, hoping it's the right place

Fallujah City alpha 0.4

fallujah1.jpg

fallujah2.jpg

fallujah3.jpg

fallujah4.jpg

fallujah5.jpg

Edited by shezan74

I hope that this big town does also have a lot attention to the detail,

which is mostly not the case.

By the way what vehicle is that?

Its a SU 76 tank. Relatively old but still kicking.

wip fox sf , tier 1.. dcu heavily wip... on ebank's WIP Kunar province map. 2 are near / in the FOB and one is in chichal village , Korengal Valley.

v_Vgi.jpg

w06K0.jpg

w0bJi.jpg

detail is my first objective. It's not a mass of houses placed randomly on the map. This will take a long time to develop and release, but that is.

FPS is good. more than 35 in the middle of the city with a 2 years old PC with ATI 4870

wip fox sf ' date=' tier 1.. dcu heavily wip... on ebank's WIP Kunar province map. 2 are near / in the FOB and one is in chichal village , Korengal Valley.

[url']http://postimage.org/image/1sz2csh1g/[/url]

http://postimage.org/image/1szamh7ic/

http://postimage.org/image/1szdxjwhw/

Kewl guys Fox, like the DCU stuff :D

Edited by Rellikki

flamerthrower, mandoble did the complete scripting part (in a heroic act of selfless help to a scripting noob like myself), i did the particles and the model/config stuff. Scripted target aqquisition, custom explosion effect for groundfire and general "fire impact", basic effectchange depending on targettype, effective against soft and hard tagets aswell as structures.

3ygmzbn

bigger version

wow! :eek:can u make a video so we can see how the fire flows? really wanna see it in actin

flamerthrower, mandoble did the complete scripting part (in a heroic act of selfless help to a scripting noob like myself), i did the particles and the model/config stuff. Scripted target aqquisition, custom explosion effect for groundfire and general "fire impact", basic effectchange depending on targettype, effective against soft and hard tagets aswell as structures.

http://tinyurl.com/3ygmzbn

Brilliant Scars09 (and Mandoble). I see burning guys staying quiet on the picture, could make them scream and run instead ? There was one script like this back in OFP...mmmm....here in the spoiler

_man = _this select 0

#loop

_u = random 360

?!(_man in panic): exit

~0.3

#sd

_man setdir (_u)

_man playmove "CombatSprintF"

~0.5

?(alive _man): goto "loop"

panic = panic - [_man]

exit

(Author : vitja3000).

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

fleeing units are allready on my todo list. not sure about a video, i have fraps but the filesize is way off when i make a video. if you know a tool to edit the videofile to get it to a reasonable size i can give it try.

fleeing units are allready on my todo list. not sure about a video, i have fraps but the filesize is way off when i make a video. if you know a tool to edit the videofile to get it to a reasonable size i can give it try.

Yep. If you're using Windows, use Windows Live Movie Maker. Toss in your video, then save it. It should be free for all Windows users. Can't wait to see the final product. Can you also light nature on fire and have that fire grow based on the wind? Just curious.

Abs

holy crap! that's amazing. can't wait to burn all ya'll fools in MP

wip fox sf ' date=' tier 1.. dcu heavily wip... on ebank's WIP Kunar province map. 2 are near / in the FOB and one is in chichal village , Korengal Valley.[/quote']

HQ stuff :)

Looking good!

holy crap! that's amazing. can't wait to burn all ya'll fools in MP

You mean burn our allies fox? :rolleyes:

the only way to really burn f.e. the foliage would result in allowing everything to burn, including gamelogics, incoming shells, all the small stuff flying around (feathers, leaves). by using the fake ammo explosion its nevertheless possible to make a tree "burn", just a visual effect (quite nice one actually)with no damage applied to the tree. this effect will accure on any surface that stops a bullet, walls, lampposts, ground. its independent from scripted target aqquisition. the wind only has impact on the drop effect (the flames) but i guess it should be possible to create a bigger burning spot if there is stronger wind. i will try to make a small video showing how it looks so far.

Here is my chevrolet collorado V10 for my project vehicle PMC:yay:

ccv10.jpg

ccv102.jpg

yeah is a vehicle for PMC,

yes it is a vehicle for mercenaries, they will certainly have a mercedes sprinter van type or Ford, then 2 to 3 and 4x4 may be a dodge charger srt-8 helicopter and 1 or 2, for cons I do not know characters so if some want to help me I would be very happy

PMC07_1.jpg

characters of this style would really top