Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Manhatten Walkthrough (Spoilers Obviously)

guys thank you for your great stories about your weird adventures in manhattan mission, I am so amused :-D

yes, Manhattan drove the hell out of me, too ;)

atm I'm playing Harvest Red again (now @latest beta in combination with @ace2) after having finished it @vanilla.

In my actual run I came through Manhattan without big problems (the hardest and most frustrating thing in the past was for me the collapsing Shaftoe when I came back trying to report him ROFL, that was incredible and of course a showstopper par excellence:rolleyes:, but this time all went ok with him)

Little funny story: Sykes laying injured on his back in the woods, Medic O'Hara unable to heal him correctly -> Sykes doesn't respond to orders (meanwhile supporting Transport Heli waiting to get us back to FOB) -> luckily Teamswitch working, so I'm switching to Sykes, can't stand up so crawling with 4xTime-Accel. about 20 minutes to the Heli and ... I (Sykes) can mount (from crawling position !) the bird too. And ... after landing safely @FOB Manhattan: Sykes is healed again during the flight, walking and following orders again :cool:

But all in all ArmA2 gives you so much thrill and feeling of immersive war scenarios and the variety of combat situations is nearly infinite ... great game, really

Edited by langgis08

Also, is it safe to leave the A.O. during Manhatten? Can we still look for evidence that we couldnt get to in Razor Two?

I am curious about this too - is there any use going back south for unfinished business?

Very tricky task, the UAV doesn't seem to stay in one direction long enough to get your bearings for which direction is front, and being as you can only fire forward its a pain in the ass

I assume you know this, but if you left click on the map it changes the waypoints for the UAV. Doing this, you can set up an "attack run" of sorts by having the waypoints line up in a suitable fashion. So if you spot something, change the waypoints to give a nice run toward the location and launch some Hellfires. This softened up the main base nicely for me, followed later by the mortars. All I had left to do was kill the MG nests and some soldiers + Nikitin.

It could be the whole Module thing that just randomly puts in friendlies and enemies. Maybe you got incredibly lucky.

I also had TUSKs waltz through my Manhattan mission. They didn't do me a whole lot of good, but it sure was nice seeing them there.

I have one question: is there some way to rearm/refuel the APCs? I see the fuel and ammo trucks up near the helicopter in the Manhattan base, but cannot get any refueling or rearming done there. Is it possible?

EDIT: To answer my own question, yes there is. I just discovered I was not getting close enough to the trucks. In fact I had to go around to the rear of the Ammo truck to rearm, though I could refuel at the front of the fuel truck.

Edited by rangoon

i called for the langushina transport...which being a hind was armed to the death, found the chedaki main base on the way to the LZ, and proceded to annihilate everything there with continuious rocket runs...i just snuck up on the T72 with my LAV and shot its ass off with AP

i called for the langushina transport...which being a hind was armed to the death, found the chedaki main base on the way to the LZ, and proceded to annihilate everything there with continuious rocket runs...i just snuck up on the T72 with my LAV and shot its ass off with AP

You're lucky. When I called in the transport the T-72 was shelling the LZ from the base which was on a hill. At one point the shell blew apart a shed that was about 1m away from me as I was frantically trying to draw its fire with the AAV away from the hind.

You're lucky. When I called in the transport the T-72 was shelling the LZ from the base which was on a hill. At one point the shell blew apart a shed that was about 1m away from me as I was frantically trying to draw its fire with the AAV away from the hind.

i think when i picked through the bodies i found 3 chedaki left alive. my LAV-25 got 3 wheels destroyed by friendly fire from the hind tho >=(

I'm nearing the end of Manhattan now.

I thought the big tent near the larger sentry zone was main camp - but no mine is near the dam.

I have no artillery. There are friendly units doing random patrols in the area but no full onslaught. Six tanks were patrolling within range of the enemy base and could have wiped it out - but they did nothing.

So I have determined my only effective weapon is the gun on starforce.

I will do strafing runs between FOB and the high hill past the dam.

I did one so far but have not yet assessed the damage. I'll do as many of these as the game lets me - saving between each.

Then I will go in with an LAV.

I have not found Manhattan difficult but did cheat by coming here to find the final two sentry posts and main camp.

UPDATE: I blew up the enemy base using the LAV parked on the high hill past the dam.

Easy slaughter with no resistance - chopper would not reload so couldn't strafe them

Just park the LAV on the hill & blast away - have the amphibious as backup to roll in and finish them off.

But the leader escaped and I have no evidence either - so for me the game is not yet over.

UPDATE 2: It got to nightfall so I stuck the game on x4 and went out - while my guys hid over night.

Now its 6am day two. Nitikin is on the run and shaftoe is dead. All else is complete. Shall I hunt Nitikin or just end mission ?

Edited by gareththomasnz