Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Apparently they don't have time for rain... so I guess time isn't on their side this time either. I wonder how funding and leadership are doing.

And we all know how a supposed "lack of time" turned out before. :rolleyes:

Boy oh boy, do we watching another train steaming into a steel wall at high speed again?

I certainly wasn't expecting said train to arrive fully intact in a hail of applause. ;)

Yeah.

No rain.

No destruction on trees. (was very nearly done for DR)

No PvP with only 4 man coop again.

XP Reward system like shoot-em-ups.

No leaning (even though DR had it in, and all they had to do was enable it for the player)

Unless they pull out serious aspects of this game that are like, gamebreaking. The said train will not just crash, it will fly off the rails and smash into ground piling ontop of the cars and walls around it.

gosh

i visited few websites, on every one there was "direct sequel, another sequel to legendary OFP" Lenton quotes about "war like you never seen before" etc.

i always hated marketing for lies, shame it is impossible to put someone to justice for words and promisses (yes, i am not used to so called free market) :/

this time even more :/

once again people will hear it is best military simulation ever

once again gamers magazines will write "awsome game" etc.

and 13 years old will rule who say "i never played OFP1 but i like this OFP very much"

it is called OFP3 now on some services :(

Edited by vilas

i always hated marketing for lies, shame it is impossible to put someone to justice for words and promisses

Actually you can: Truth in Advertising

Dispicable as it is, it would be quite hard to get a case against DR or RR to court tho.

(There were rumblings about a class action suit against CM over the dedicated servers issue - it said on the box there was support for them, but we all know that was a lie - but that seems to have fizzled away to nothing, just like DR has)

What do you guys think about what he said about the trees with relation to what he said about tank crews. He says that a reason for not putting destructible trees in was a crewman in a tank might notice such a touch, but an infantryman not so much. Therefore, there will be no destructible trees.

That doesn't sound good for tanks, especially in combination with their promises that the game will be 'more focused'.

what do i think ?

i think they repacking old shit in new can

but give new label

previously we had laugh from uber-trees, now they "justify it somehow" making silly explanation "cause falling tree may confuse rabit and seals on beach of south America wont copulate, which will cause natural disaster and overpopulation of carrots and fish "

Edited by vilas

Their reasons for doing such things are simple, bullsh*t.

Nothing makes sense. No trees due to too much data for AI to handle. Thats BS.

Just let the physics engine let the tree fall, then increase its avoidance zone so the AI Run from the falling tree, then remove it from the physics system once its on the ground. From there it could fade away, or you could spawn a dead tree prop over it. Which like 3-4 people have suggested on the DR forums on what to do, venge, me, Templar etc

Awaiting the dev's response to it.

inb4 "no"

Their reasons for doing such things are simple, bullsh*t.

Nothing makes sense. No trees due to too much data for AI to handle. Thats BS.

Just let the physics engine let the tree fall, then increase its avoidance zone so the AI Run from the falling tree, then remove it from the physics system once its on the ground. From there it could fade away, or you could spawn a dead tree prop over it. Which like 3-4 people have suggested on the DR forums on what to do, venge, me, Templar etc

it is too far in development now ;)

but apart from this... nice :)

i really think that falling trees may stress population of seals, which in consequence lead to broken copulation and therefore will be danger for ships, cause there will be too much fish

you should reconsider if falling trees are so important that you risk world economy fluency in time of crisis

seals.jpg

or

http://i37.tinypic.com/be7ujs.jpg

choice is yours

????

Edited by vilas

Maybe the map will only have 10 trees?

Or none at all, because they were all evacuated before the conflict began!

Maybe the map will only have 10 trees?

To go with the 10 building models. But, hey, perhaps the doors have Genuine People Personalities.

95231206_fig18.jpg

... been looking for new features in RR so long...

fat-kid.jpg

...no matter it was consulted with military experts during development process...

i get to one conclusion

http://i37.tinypic.com/be7ujs.jpg

it can be good game only BIS fanoboys bash it without sense

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0d43NOdh7bm9ItkRnFReBPO1Ri5X-mGWqh2YL42DghudGGvU&t=1&usg=__QlyeXYc2BZBxsXc-0-jJW430WyU=

Well, i personally would have hoped that there could have been an improvement on DR... i mean, i really liked the muzzle flash, earth shake, dirt in your face, rag doll, very cheesy but slowly grew on me colour effect thing they had going on!

Anyway not caring, i finally got OA and now im a Takistani militant flying an Apache taking out M1A2's with guided anti-tank missiles... yes f#@kd up i know, but great fun regardless.

And that my friends is the best response BIS could ever have given.

Onwards and upwards.

Sion, James and Tim (the 3 main guys incharge of RR) have been skimming over the forums, punching home the "We can't tell you anything".....

*yawn*

Its going the path of DR, except worse this time.

"cause falling tree may confuse rabit and seals on beach of south America wont copulate, which will cause natural disaster and overpopulation of carrots and fish "

This is quote of the year. End of. :D